PDA

View Full Version : HELP I need a ABS tone ring?

RAZ
08/25/2010, 11:31 AM
Any body have one for sale? Tring to finish the brakes and on the last wheel pasenger side front the ring is cracked. This brake job has been a nightmare all the bolts have been rusted on had to heat them off, IL uses to much salt in the winter. Any way does anyone have a spare layng around? VX has been apart for over a week now and I want it back!

NEED FRONT LEFT ABS ROTOR OR ABS SPEED RING OR WHATEVER IT IS

THANKS STEVE

Ldub
08/25/2010, 11:48 AM
A lot of Troopers & Rodeos used the same rotors/calipers etc.

I wish I could tell you exactly what year, but I think 99 to 01 or 2 would be a pretty safe bet.

Check the salvage yards close to you...:yesgray:

:luck:

Ascinder
08/25/2010, 03:24 PM
I think I've got one, let me check.

Ascinder
08/25/2010, 04:59 PM
Nope, sorry, it went to the trash heap.

Marlin
08/25/2010, 05:22 PM
Isuzu parts stocks them, like 40 bucks each or so or you write it off as a loss and get rid of the garbage ABS anyway. Pull the ABS fuse,take the plunge:)

sleveritt
08/28/2010, 04:26 PM
I hooked him up! Always check the Garage Sale section!

Sam

Bob Barker
08/29/2010, 05:17 AM
Isuzu parts stocks them, like 40 bucks each or so or you write it off as a loss and get rid of the garbage ABS anyway. Pull the ABS fuse,take the plunge:)

So is the ABS from factory really crappy or just not worth repairing after a certain cost? My light is on and I'm wanting to figure out why, but if it's a crappy system anyhow then maybe I should just unplug the bulb...

Marlin
08/29/2010, 07:50 AM
So is the ABS from factory really crappy or just not worth repairing after a certain cost? My light is on and I'm wanting to figure out why, but if it's a crappy system anyhow then maybe I should just unplug the bulb...

Depends who you ask. I know there are some who have pulled the fuse and removed the bulb, some that swear by it being the best thing ever. I am lifted on 34" mud tires, so I drive slow anyway, and ABS is horrible on the trail, I want it to pile up mud and dirt in front of the tires. I am sure there are others that will throw in their 2 cents on the advantages of it, but IMHO, its not worth spending the money to repair/maintain.

etlsport
08/29/2010, 12:25 PM
imho the abs system in our VXs works well.. i have had a couple of stops where i was 2 tires on gravel two on dry pavement and stopped perfectly straight. that being said i do stop much faster in an emergency without abs. i had no problem driving for 12-18months without it, but i got it working again for about $125 (new used ABS module)