PDA

View Full Version : First the ABS light...now this : (

ScottinMA
08/25/2010, 10:29 AM
I'm really have a run of bad luck this week. Today I started my VX and the idle was waaaaay low. It ran ok at first and then I came to a stop sign and the idle kicked up to 2K. So I have my foot firmly pressed on the brake wondering what he hell and then it died. Restarted engine and started heading back to my parking lot. Stalled another several times but I got it parked and just called for a tow. Sadness. And I needed that car today!

VX crazy
08/25/2010, 11:01 AM
tons of us have had this prob......I know I replaced my idle control valve, and throttle position sensor and that fixed, but still get intermittent when the temps are real high here (100+) and after many startups, running errands.....think I need to check intake gasket while its doing it.....

ScottinMA
08/26/2010, 03:19 PM
Mechanic read code which indicated the problem was the MAF sensor. Cleaned it along with the throttle body and runs perfect again! He said the MAF sensor screen was black! He cleaned it and blew air (gently) through it. So, should anyone have symptoms like mine check that sensor. Now back to my ABS light....where can I purchase one of those t-shirts??

WormGod
08/27/2010, 07:01 AM
We need a "VehiCROSS.info: ABS Central" bumper sticker for our cult.