PDA

View Full Version : Stock radio question

hitnrun74
10/14/2002, 03:51 PM
I was recently troubleshooting some annoying noise problem (Thanks Tone!) and disconnected my battery. After reprogramming all stations and resetting the clock I still have a problem. Before I disconnected the battery the clock would be displayed while the radio was playing. Now it only displays the radio station. Anybody know what magical button sequence is required to go back to displaying the clock all the time? Thanks in advance.

Tone
10/14/2002, 05:39 PM
Sorry I don’t have my owner’s manual handy but the instructions on how to do this are there...

Moncha
10/14/2002, 06:46 PM
Hold down the fm/am (disp) button then the "4" button at the same time until you hear the beep...

hitnrun74
10/14/2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks. Looked high and low for my manual. I'll take care of it in the morning.

VX Monster
10/15/2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by MonchaVX
Hold down the fm/am (disp) button then the "4" button at the same time until you hear the beep...

I could swear I did this just the other day just by holding down the "disp" button....

VehiX
10/15/2002, 06:25 PM
All that's required is that you hold down the FM-AM button down for about 3 seconds.

Can't wait to get rid of mine :zzzo:

Moncha
10/16/2002, 07:38 AM
I was just paraphrasing from the manual..

If you want to veiw the time when the radio station is displayed you hold the (disp) button down for 2 seconds then the time will appear the go back to displaying the radio station as before. This is the same if the clock is showing, hold for 2 seconds then the station will show then go back to the clock.

If you want to make a permanent display change, then you have to hold the (disp) and #4 button as stated..

That's how both of my VX's work.

VehiX
10/16/2002, 04:02 PM
Ahhhhhh, I see what cha mean now.

Simon Templar
10/16/2002, 09:56 PM
Speaking of all of this....

Should anyone who has upgraded radios still have the OEM units sitting about, email me.

I am not really looking for the whole units...just the sheet metal ears (mounting brackets) off their sides.

I have an idea that I want to try...but dont want to go messing about with mine unless I have replacements to go back to.

Thanks,
.....sT