PDA

View Full Version : A lesson on posting with great authority

Ldub
08/22/2010, 03:13 AM
When you couldn't buy a clue with an answerbag full of munny...:rolleyesg

So much for my faith in "how to" sites...:laughing:

Not only does she give the location of the nonexistent dipstick, she recommend checking the level of the fluid with the engine OFF?...:_confused

http://www.answerbag.com/article/How+to+Check+Transmission+Fluid+on+an+Isuzu+Vehicr oss/5b4a5e02-7f25-c27f-de53-e85db89c9ec7/isuzu-brakes

Did a little more digging & found the authors profile.

About Me: Leigh Kelley is a freelance writer who provides SEO Web copy to industry leading companies. Her work has appeared in publications such as "Bullys Magazine" and "Jonesboro Sun." Kelley earned a bachelor's degree in English from Arkansas State University.

PK
08/22/2010, 04:52 AM
Larry, is there any mention of where she comes from??

The "How To" seems accurate for a JDM VX.
We have the transmission dipstick in the location she describes.:winkgray::bgwo:
I appreciate the tips on how to open the hood (bonnet, or what ever you guys call it).
Never knew that before.

Why they deleted the trannie dipstick in the USA model I will never understand.:confused::confused::confused:

Just wundering??

PK

Bob Barker
08/22/2010, 05:24 AM
Say's she gradumicated from Arkansas State University, and now I'm a bit worried, I doubt she wrote her how to article on a JDM truck...

Ldub
08/22/2010, 05:27 AM
Larry, is there any mention of where she comes from??

The "How To" seems accurate for a JDM VX.
We have the transmission dipstick in the location she describes.:winkgray::bgwo:
I appreciate the tips on how to open the hood (bonnet, or what ever you guys call it).
Never knew that before.

Why they deleted the trannie dipstick in the USA model I will never understand.:confused::confused::confused:

Just wundering??

PK

Good pointe PK...:yesgray:

But don't you guys with dipsticks still check the level while running?

Ldub
08/22/2010, 05:34 AM
If you goog "Leigh Kelley Jonesboro Sun" you'll find articles on everything from houseplants to power of attorney to what to do in Maui when it rains, what to do in Costa Rica with kids...:yesgray:

I didn't look at all 648000 results, but it seems that shes an expert on most any topic thrown her way...:smilewink

I just GOTS ta git me a diploma!

Ldub
08/22/2010, 05:37 AM
Say's she gradumicated from Arkansas State University, and now I'm a bit worried, I doubt she wrote her how to article on a JDM truck...

:laughing:

PK
08/22/2010, 07:23 PM
Good pointe PK...:yesgray:

But don't you guys with dipsticks still check the level while running?

Duh!!!!:o:o:(

Ok, you got me on that one.

You still the master, me the grasshopper.:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo:

PK

Ldub
08/22/2010, 11:04 PM
You still the master, me the grasshopper.:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo:

PK

I hardly think that's the case...:mbrasd:

Kona-Vs
08/23/2010, 12:50 AM
First you guys tell me my back seats aren't leather , now that I don't have a tranny dip stick my world is crashing down:upsetgray:upsetgray:upsetgray but what I do know is that when it rains in Maui you light up the old BONG:yesgray::yesy::yeso:

alterastro
08/23/2010, 02:12 AM
I have a mate who writes about anything and everything. He gets paid if someone buys an article, so he just gets as much out there as he can!

As for the tranny dipstick - you guys are lucky! You'd know what I mean if you ever tried topping up the tranny fluid by pouring new stuff down the dipstick tube :bwgy::smilewink;)

circmand
08/23/2010, 08:35 AM
I have a mate who writes about anything and everything. He gets paid if someone buys an article, so he just gets as much out there as he can!

As for the tranny dipstick - you guys are lucky! You'd know what I mean if you ever tried topping up the tranny fluid by pouring new stuff down the dipstick tube :bwgy::smilewink;)

Writers go to school to learn where to put the punctuation and how to properly convey info. Their edumacation on real topics is non existant. So they get the info elsewhere and rewrite it to get paid. This author obviously got general transmission fluid check info and ASSUMED it wass correct for the VX. Had it been correct I doubt the person asking would have needed to ask the question.

crager34
08/23/2010, 04:32 PM
Has anyone re-educated the author on Tranny dipsticks for US VX's?