PDA

View Full Version : not a good day

Daly
08/09/2010, 05:31 AM
Put my VX to have a hitch put on, 20 minute job turned into 1 hour and change so I left vehicle. Mechanic being nice decided to drive to my house and drop off.
Hit the VX. Now I need to replace the right rear wheel cladding and the right rear wheel light.
Anyone have a suggestion where to get?

crotchrocket
08/09/2010, 05:42 AM
Ah man that sucks! Hope it gets sorted quickly for you, i presume his insurance covers it?

tom4bren
08/09/2010, 06:38 AM
Look on post #73 of this thread (page 5).

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18062

A dealer here in VA was able to supply the nose cone & front fender earlier this year.

Best of luck,

Tom

Luna X
08/09/2010, 07:43 AM
any pics?

How bad is it, really?.... As long as the plastic isn't ripped, and you can't find a replacement, a crafty body man should be able to make it look like new.

Daly
08/09/2010, 12:11 PM
I probably can fix the cladding except for one gouge. The light is toast.I think I located both pieces, will know in a day a two.
If I do get a new piece of cladding I will probably shoot some pictures of the hit one to see if anyoe wants it.
I am a bit anal and so really don't like things off on my vehicle. My wife said, "I don't see what you are talking about" so to others it might really be very repairable. I know with Restorer Refinish I can get the color back, it is the rough edges and the gouge that are the real problem.