PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors needed for Multiple Sclerosis Ride from Irvine, CA to San Diego, CA

lasturbo
08/06/2010, 11:59 PM
I will be riding in the Bike MS Bay to Bay Tour 2010 from Irvine, CA to San Diego, CA on Oct.16-17. I am riding 100 miles to support this great cause and raise money to help find the cure and create a world free of MS. My minimum goal to ride in the event is $400.00 so I am looking for any sponsors with any denomination to support MS. All donations are tax deductible. I believe Etlsport is doing a similar event in PA so way to go for the East Coast MS Cause!!!

To sponsor me please click on this link:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/CASBikeEvents?px=8393117&pg=personal&fr_id=14192

For event information click on this link:
www.biketofinishms.com

Many thanks for your support !!
:group: :thanx: :group:

etlsport
08/09/2010, 12:36 PM
Excellent! Come pay day on Friday you will have a donation from me!

Ldub
08/09/2010, 10:42 PM

X 2...:yesgray:

Can't let "the other Astral Larry" down...:smilewink

lasturbo
08/13/2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys....off and running!!:bwgy:

VX KAT
08/14/2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks so much for riding Larry! Every bit helps!
Ride Larry Ride!!

lasturbo
08/18/2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks Kat, appreciate the donation!!! Have a good one and thanks again!!

surf-life
08/18/2010, 09:13 PM
Gave what I could, I hope it helps.... Ride safe out there!!!!

rickshaw
08/18/2010, 11:36 PM
Larry,

I threw in a few. Every little bit helps.

I didn't know you were a rider. Are you riding with a team?

Have fun on your ride and stay safe.

If you have time when your in Irvine we should try to meet up.

rickshaw
Gene

lasturbo
08/18/2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks Surf-life and Rickshaw!! Much appreciated!!

Gene, I am riding on the Land Rover Miramar Team as we are the title sponsor for the 5th year in a row and proud of it for our local MS Pacific Southcoast Chapter. Here is the link to the team:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=14192&team_id=213141
I am more of a MTB rider when I have time but will be a "roadie" for this 100 miler!!

lasturbo
08/19/2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks Ldub (da otha' Larry with the Astral). Every little bit helps!!

deermagnet
08/20/2010, 06:56 AM
I'm in for a small amount. Please be careful out there!

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) - July 29, 2010
A bicyclist riding in a multiple sclerosis fundraiser was bombarded by cannon blast in what authorities suspect was a teenage prank gone awry.

The La Plata County Sheriff's office say they plan to interview five teenagers with their parents next week about the cannon that was fired at the bicyclist Sunday during a multiple sclerosis fundraiser in Durango.

Authorities say the blast was similar to what is used at high school and college games to celebrate a touchdown. Sheriff's officials say a gauze-like material soaked in an unknown chemical caused an explosion near the legs of 37-year-old Ian Altman.

The cannon was about 3 feet long with a 2-inch barrel, Altman said. It was on two wheels with 6 feet of rope leading into a tent - presumably a pull rope to fire the cannon.

"They shot it right into my leg and into the bike," Altman said. "It was so loud. Everyone on the ride that day heard it. My ears were ringing. I looked around, and my thoughts were I rode over some kind of booby trap."

The explosion lodged small pieces in Altman's legs and arms. He finished the race, then later was briefly hospitalized with a fever and possible infection.

Mark Griffin

lasturbo
08/20/2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks Mark (deermagnet) and what a story in Durango!! No matter what the amount is, I do appreciate it. Thanks again!!

lasturbo
08/23/2010, 11:59 PM

Thanks again Eric and have fun!! I reciprocated for your event! Let's ride for the cause!!!
:bgwb:

lasturbo
10/12/2010, 12:44 AM
Just a quick shout to thank you for helping me achieve my $400.00 minimum goal to ride in the 100 mile Bike MS Bay to Bay Bike Tour this Sat.-Sun. I am looking forward to a great ride (about 2500 riders signed-up) for a great cause and I could not have done it without the help of the VX Fam!! Thanks again!!!
:yeso: