PDA

View Full Version : The new Colorado Vehicle Registration Law

Trudy Carp
08/06/2010, 12:58 PM
A little tip for all you VX owners that live in Colorado. Ever take your vehicle out of service and didn't keep insurance or registration current? The new Colorado law will bite $$$$ unless you follow this simple solution.
A clear title is needed for this to work. And, it's legal. Just did it with a 02 Grand Cherokee that was out of service for 2+ years due to the need for $2100 worth of exhaust system. Finally got the cash to repair it and now it's time to PAY? I don't think so....

Still find it highly amusing, they expect you to keep an uninsured vehicle registered........but you can just sign some paper stating the vehicle is not drivable.......and that's good enough.......just sign it......yeah right.......
everybody's totally honest.......won't be driven......yeah right.....just give me
my new sticker.........Toto......are we still in Kansas? That new law just increased the number of vehicles being driven without insurance in this state. So, you no longer need proof of insurance to get a new sticker....... just sign this statement.......By the way, I put liability only on the Jeep, but added uninsured motorists coverage......I don't like the new odds......

How to "wash" a title and avoid excessive registration fees;

1. Vehicle titled in one name only?
Transfer the title into your spouse's name as a gift. Re-register with new plates. No late fees, no paying past years of registration fees. $7.50 for a new title. New name, new plates.

2. Vehicle is in both your names.
Since you cannot gift a vehicle to yourself and the old plates were in both names, transfer the title over to daughter or son as gift, obtain new title $7.50, sign new title back over to one of you as gift, same day. Obtain 2nd new title, wash the old fees out and get new plates.

I had to use method #2 because it was in both our names. The chick at the DMV couldn't believe I had that figured out.......and after checking with her supervisor, she had to process the new title and issue me new plates.........
What now b*^*hes!

djmdma02
08/06/2010, 06:09 PM
That is awesome, if only it were as simple in Utah...