PDA

View Full Version : Ken Block-ee's...

Triathlete
07/31/2010, 12:41 PM
...how much do you think it cost Ford to sway him into the new Fiesta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claiaiL4dJ8&feature=related)?:bwgy: It is a sweet ride though!:yesy:

Gizmo42
07/31/2010, 08:21 PM
Not that he had much choice if he wanted to run WRC since subaru pulled out all together. Only manufacturer sponsors left are Ford and Citroen.

tomdietrying
08/01/2010, 07:22 AM
Was Ken Block in yesterday's X Games rally?
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
08/01/2010, 11:06 AM
Sort of....he was out early with mechanical issues. In the quarter finals he had a huge lead and with one lap to go his car rolled to a stop.:(

WormGod
08/02/2010, 07:03 AM
Considering Ken is a DNF in every WRC race, he won't be with Ford long. He consistently wrecks and no longer has the approval of his team. He will be lucky to see another season.

Word is, Subaru is coming back in '11, as with the addition of Mini Cooper. The Only "true to Subaru" driver now is Pastrana. Curious to see if they offer an invite to him in WRC, if they do indeed come back.

Gizmo, don't forget Skoda. They are a small dog in it, but still in it. ;)

Triathlete
08/02/2010, 04:23 PM
I think Blocks bread and butter is his drifting...WRC seems to be a "side gig". With all his video antics Ford may stay happy with him since it is the exposure they are looking for.:_thinking

WormGod
08/03/2010, 07:08 AM
I think Blocks bread and butter is his drifting...WRC seems to be a "side gig". With all his video antics Ford may stay happy with him since it is the exposure they are looking for.:_thinking

I dunno, I see him as the Danica of WRC, hehehe. The other drivers simply can not STAND him and think he is a danger to himself and everyone else. I like the guy for his antics, but as a fan of WRC and Rally America, I think he is just.... comic relief. I prefer his side acts and freak shows, but leave the "real" stuff to the guys who take it seriously. It's kind of a slap in the face to them. Just MHO, since I am sure he could run laps around me. :smilewink