PDA

View Full Version : I guess that's what I deserve...

Luna X
07/30/2010, 06:23 PM
for cheatin' on the VX and spending time with the 350z.

The Z did not have a subwoofer in it so I took on the challenge... took half the interior apart, wired and installed the amp, checked all connections.

Everything was lookin' good, so I began the reinstalling of interior. Got to the part where I was actually attaching the sub (built in spot behind driver's seat) and while drilling the 3rd of 4 screws, my drill bit snapped and I slipped and I put a 2 inch rip RIGHT IN my brand new subwoofer!!

That's enough to make a grown man cry.... :_crying:

So, after playin' around in the sweat-box I call a garage, I now have a brand new, broken sub in the Z... so much for good intentions!

Please let me know if anyone has a 10" sub collecting dust that they would like to get rid of.... otherwise, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet (and my pride) and get another new one.

Anita
07/30/2010, 06:49 PM
Didnt anyone tell you?
The VX exerts a powerful mystical force that demands our complete attention on it at all times. Lucky you didnt get hurt. :bgwb:

Gussie2000
07/31/2010, 08:13 AM
Didnt anyone tell you?
The VX exerts a powerful mystical force that demands our complete attention on it at all times. Lucky you didnt get hurt. :bgwb:

jajaja x2 :yesgray:

Luna X
07/31/2010, 08:53 AM
wow... only 2 responses to my f*** up?

I expected a lot more wise ***, snide remarks.... I'm highly disappointed in everyone ;)

Bob Barker
07/31/2010, 10:16 AM
Next thing you know you'll get a flat in the VX and curb rash all your G-Unit 20" wheels...:D

Luna X
07/31/2010, 10:26 AM
shoot, I don't even have to actually hit a curb to get curb rash...
One would think that since we don't deal with front out here in Az, the roads would be nice & smooth. Well, just driving around out here, the 19's on my Z look as if Ray Charles has been takin' it out for a spin... :dance:

I'm originally from Mass, and I think they take better preparations in laying down the road-bed when making roads... but you can't make me go back to the freezing, rain, snow, etc!

PHO2GR4
07/31/2010, 11:05 AM
The old "subwoofer behind the driver's seat" trick, huh? I put a 10" JL Audio sub behind the seat of my 350Z Roadster, and LOVED the back massage I always got while listening to music.

rowhard
07/31/2010, 11:49 AM
I needed a 10" sub woofer (just the speaker) for my home entertainment center. Of course Best buy and others ICE shops like that wanted a arm and a leg. Fortunately, we have a electronic resource shop in town, you know the kind that sell all the bit's that make up the end item we buy. Got a very good sub woofer for 40 bucks or so. Just something to keep in mind if you have one of these shops handy

Cobrajet
07/31/2010, 12:23 PM
Why not just fix (recone) the woofer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGswEB3O_Q)? I reconed all of my Bose 501's about a decade ago, and they still sound great. Not hard to do, and the kits are fairly cheap. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=speaker+repair+recone+kit

Triathlete
07/31/2010, 12:44 PM
Aw, come on...just break out the duct tape!:bwgy:

Luna X
07/31/2010, 02:05 PM
Aw, come on...just break out the duct tape!:bwgy:

funny thing is.... that would probably work! I think I just might put a piece on it just to get by for awhile. won't be able to crank it to 11...