PDA

View Full Version : And the (poop) just keeps piling up!

VXIRONwoMAN
07/27/2010, 11:48 AM
I listed my VX on ebay. I got an inquiry asking if the airbags had been replaced... huh? Airbags? for what? I was told by the previous owner that it hadn't been in a wreck!So i sign into ebay, only to find out by the autocheck that IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT! WTF!!!!???? It cleared the Carfax... how can this be!? Right now... I hate the world! :upsetgray

Marlin
07/27/2010, 11:55 AM
I listed my VX on ebay. I got an inquiry asking if the airbags had been replaced... huh? Airbags? for what? I was told by the previous owner that it hadn't been in a wreck!So i sign into ebay, only to find out by the autocheck that IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT! WTF!!!!???? It cleared the Carfax... how can this be!? Right now... I hate the world! :upsetgray

Doesn't Carfax give a guarantee that if it was in a reportable accident that they don't list you can get some money back or something?

don moore
07/27/2010, 11:56 AM
it was most likly in a body shop for a parking lot boo boo.. and had the clading replaced.....and it went in for a insurance claim ..thats what most claims are..

vt_maverick
07/27/2010, 12:44 PM
CeCe - I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I had the exact same experience when we went to sell my wife's Accord. Lost $6500 in resale value because we bought a vehicle with an errant CarFax report. Link to the longer story of how it happened and why you should NEVER trust Carfax:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=180322

Don't expect any help from CarFax. You'll notice when you visit their site that they have no telephone number to call and no physical address listed. They have literally thousands of BBB complaints against them, and as far as anyone can tell, they have only paid for 1 (yes 1!) vehicle replacement in their history. AutoCheck is run by Experian (one of the big three credit agencies) and is MUCH more accurate.

Triathlete
07/27/2010, 02:17 PM
Might explain a lot of the other problems you have had also.:mady:

VX crazy
07/27/2010, 02:21 PM
Mine must have been in a wreck too!!! ughhh

Triathlete
07/27/2010, 02:26 PM
I know mine was:yesy:...I saw it first hand!:naughty:

Marlin
07/27/2010, 03:54 PM
Mine was as well, under 2K in damage, drivers front fender was replaced, I can tell by the cheap paint job and the tinny sound if you knock on it:(

Gussie2000
07/27/2010, 05:24 PM
Mines also says it was in a low speed impact up in MA back in 2001.

I went further & contacted the pocasset county PD to verify the report & found no records of such accident plus when the VX was in the shop for new paint i told the body shop guy to find any clue of any possible crash.......there weren't any evidence.

You'll be very naive if you trust 100% all the BS that carfax offers :mady2:

RamAirZ
07/27/2010, 06:03 PM
Anyone care to check my vin to see if anything pops up? I'd be interested to know. That sucks though that carfax didn't show it, they should take down those stupid carfox commercials!

rowhard
07/27/2010, 08:37 PM
they should take down those stupid carfox commercials!

So much for "truth in advertising":mady:

Ldub
07/28/2010, 01:34 AM
Hey Lil Sister..sorry for your trubbles...:(

But don't be hatin' on the whole world...there's still some good out there...:yesgray:

And YOU are DUE...:dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:

WormGod
07/28/2010, 07:33 AM
That's the suck Cece. Kinda like finding out your spouse has been cheating on you for years behind your back. Deep breaths..... the sledge hammer is too heavy for this job. ;)

Carfax is, to my current knowledge, clean on mine as well, though it has been in for for body work 2 times. A total of about $12k front end damage. I "only" go to one body shop cause these guys are simply awesome and having been a body man and painter, I can vouch for their excellent work. You would never know (and I always paid a bit extra out of pocket for new panels.... avoid the mud). Though, and I wouldn't ever be surprised, if the insurance companies that paid the tab did report it to Carfax and it took years to show up. I know, as of like last year, mine was clean. Selling it, I would be honest to the buyer, even if there were no reports.

Y33TREKker
07/28/2010, 07:59 AM
Well that sux. I wondered if that was yours. Unfortunately, that old saying where there's a will there's a way can come into play with vehicles sometimes. For the unscrupulous car dealer, there are a few states where a current out-of-state title can be "cleaned" by applying for a new one in a certain state, then using that new title to obtain a clean title back in the original state. The reasons given to the DMV for needing to do so can vary, but it happens.

Was there any indication how serious the accident was? I mean, is airbag deployment something that is actually recorded in accidents/reports like carfax or autocheck? If it wasn't that serious, overall value shouldn't be affected too much.

nocturnalVX
07/28/2010, 09:07 AM
was not a train!

We are on the way to go get her VX out of the shop. The transfer case mount has been replaced, and we hope that will cut down on the mystery vibes. Also, our man Espo tweaked a few other minor things in the engine bay, and reports that it is running great...
:thumbup:

Scott Harness
07/28/2010, 11:13 AM
was not a train!

We are on the way to go get her VX out of the shop. The transfer case mount has been replaced, and we hope that will cut down on the mystery vibes. Also, our man Espo tweaked a few other minor things in the engine bay, and reports that it is running great...
:thumbup:

Excellent!! fingers crossed:yesb:

VXIRONwoMAN
07/28/2010, 02:11 PM
Well... the tranny mount is up! YAY!