PDA

View Full Version : Smog Test Result: Rejected

Troysaddress
07/26/2010, 11:01 AM
Smog test rejected (no failed) for 2 of 8 of the parameters not reporting; OBD EVAP and OXY SNSR HEAT. The check engine light came on after changing a very dirty air filter and upon starting the VX. I reset the system by disconnecting the battery. I have driven over 300 miles city/highway and still only 6 of the 8 have reported. They tell me I need 7 of 8 reporting to PASS.
Any Suggestion?

Troysaddress
07/26/2010, 11:03 AM
Quick Note; The Check Engine light is NOT on.

vt_maverick
07/26/2010, 11:15 AM
My advice:

1. Buy off the inspector.
2. Move to a less green neighborhood.

J/k, I'm sure others will have plenty of helpful suggestions. :)

VCrossfan
07/26/2010, 11:35 AM
Smog test rejected (no failed) for 2 of 8 of the parameters not reporting; OBD EVAP and OXY SNSR HEAT. The check engine light came on after changing a very dirty air filter and upon starting the VX. I reset the system by disconnecting the battery. I have driven over 300 miles city/highway and still only 6 of the 8 have reported. They tell me I need 7 of 8 reporting to PASS.
Any Suggestion?

Move to Illinois..no test. Run watcha brung,lol

Ascinder
07/26/2010, 11:48 AM
Sounds like either your evaporation canister(fuel) is either clogged or is leaking somewhere or the sensor is bad. For the oxygen sensors heat, you probably need a new oxygen sensor which is a PITA to remove. Either way it's gonna cost a lot of time or money or both.

p_justin13
07/29/2010, 08:14 AM
Hey there now, northern IL does have emission testing. lol Thats why I moved back out of the city. Good to see another IL VX er there popping up all over up here lately. Three proton yellow and an White Ironman found in the last two weeks. Trying to get um all on the forum.

VXIRONwoMAN
07/29/2010, 08:25 AM
They have emissions tests in Chicago, I have to do one every year...

vt_maverick
07/29/2010, 08:41 AM
Maybe you could stick one of those battery-powered automatic air freshener sprayers in your tail pipe...

"That's weird... in addition to the other read-outs I'm getting 1000ppm of potpourri in the exhaust."

:D

Ldub
07/30/2010, 05:54 AM
Maybe you could stick one of those battery-powered automatic air freshener sprayers in your tail pipe...

"That's weird... in addition to the other read-outs I'm getting 1000ppm of potpourri in the exhaust."

:D

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Manhattan-Oil/Product-Line/Manhattan-Oil-Fuel-Fragrances/?autoview=SKU