PDA

View Full Version : another new Dub ride

Gizmo42
07/23/2010, 10:22 PM
Dubs age must be catching up with him. I see he's been working on something new for Moab next year...

http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/d00f456f-fb1f-4d78-ab64-0d8929afa4a2.jpg

Ldub
07/23/2010, 10:26 PM
Dubs age must be catching up with him. I see he's been working on something new for Moab next year...

http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/d00f456f-fb1f-4d78-ab64-0d8929afa4a2.jpg

LOL...you KNOW if I ever end up in one of them contraptions, It'll most likely resmble that one...:yesgray:

Of course it'll need under hover platform neon lighting & a LOT more bling...:dance:

ZEUS
07/23/2010, 11:11 PM
Anybody else want to photoshop an image of Ldub on a power chair flopped over on it's side in the hot tub on Hell's Revenge? :D

Ldub
07/24/2010, 12:24 AM
Anybody else want to photoshop an image of Ldub on a power chair flopped over on it's side in the hot tub on Hell's Revenge? :D

We of the over 50 persuasion prefer our electric conveyances to be referred to as "hoverounds" rather than the more mundane "power chair", "geezer gizmo", "grampa-A-go-go", "geriatric jeep", "oatmeal rocket" (commonly shortened to "mealers"), or any other of the multitude of what you youngsters consider humorus references to our sweet mall whips...:upsetgray

Got a problem with any of that?

Meet me out back of the the senior center & I'll show ya what fer...:smilewink

VX KAT
07/24/2010, 08:51 AM
We of the over 50 persuasion prefer our electric conveyances to be referred to as "hoverounds" rather than the more mundane "power chair", "geezer gizmo", "grampa-A-go-go", "geriatric jeep", "oatmeal rocket" (commonly shortened to "mealers"), or any other of the multitude of what you youngsters consider humorus references to our sweet mall whips...:upsetgray

http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Laughing/lol-047.gif me thinks dat is reel funny stuff!!

oh wait, um, er, I'm in that age group....waitdaminute, I resemble that remark! :goof:

ZEUS
07/24/2010, 11:02 AM

HAHA! I got just ONE problem wit dat, yeah... and that is how eager you seem to be to have said "wrinkle wrangler". :p

Triathlete
07/24/2010, 12:44 PM
I think you will need a few more batteries to turn 35's:bwgy:

Ldub
07/24/2010, 10:40 PM
HAHA! I got just ONE problem wit dat, yeah... and that is how eager you seem to be to have said "wrinkle wrangler". :p

You'll "get it" later on down the trail sonny...:smilewink

What's not to like?...:_confused

A new whip to customize to dub spec, prolly be free too, as prez barry sez all health related items gonna be free...:dance:

I already gots a wheelchair sitting in my living room customed out to dub spec...:yesgray:

One sweet ride I tell you...2nd gen Stingray tires in the back, neon lighting & xenon strobes, drink holder (duh)
I can already wheelie that sucker longer than any bicycle or dirt bike I've ever owned...:yes:

When my old wrinkled butt gets to gods waiting room...I'm gonna RULE!...http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj184/befje/smileys/th_bf-wheelchair.gif

Remind me to bring it to Moab nxt yr...:laughing:

Hiredgoon
07/24/2010, 10:47 PM
The phrase "sweet mall whip" made me laugh milk through my nose. Bastard.

Ldub
07/24/2010, 10:50 PM
oh wait, um, er, I'm in that age group....waitdaminute, I resemble that remark! :goof:

Embrace whatever age you currently be Suzee...:yesgray:

It's WAY better than whatever's in second place...(dirt-:sleepgray)

Ldub
07/24/2010, 10:52 PM
The phrase "sweet mall whip" made me laugh milk through my nose. Bastard.

You're welcome...:laughing:

Ldub
07/24/2010, 10:54 PM
I think you will need a few more batteries to turn 35's:bwgy:

I'm fully on board the lith-ion revolution...no worries.

Triathlete
07/25/2010, 09:42 AM
I already gots a wheelchair sitting in my living room customed out to dub spec...:yesgray:

One sweet ride I tell you...2nd gen Stingray tires in the back, neon lighting & xenon strobes, drink holder (duh)
I can already wheelie that sucker longer than any bicycle or dirt bike I've ever owned...:yes:

When my old wrinkled butt gets to gods waiting room...I'm gonna RULE!...http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj184/befje/smileys/th_bf-wheelchair.gif

Remind me to bring it to Moab nxt yr...:laughing:

Dub training for Moab 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWJhF7yfnI4)...:bwgy:

Ldub
07/25/2010, 10:03 AM
Darn you Billy...:upsetgray

That was all like cool & such, & mad props to that young man...:thumbup:

But I'm trying to pack up 14 yrs of living into boxes & instead, I just watched about 9 youtoob videos...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

Triathlete
07/25/2010, 10:35 AM
But I'm trying to pack up 14 yrs of living into boxes & instead, I just watched about 9 youtoob videos...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

Moving the Dub compound? Or just downsizing/storing?

Ldub
07/25/2010, 10:50 AM
Moving the Dub compound? Or just downsizing/storing?

New digs...:naughty: 9-1...:dance:

ZEUS
07/25/2010, 10:53 AM
Get To Work!

Triathlete
07/25/2010, 10:56 AM
New digs...:naughty: 9-1...:dance:

Ah, congrats! 9-1...you've got plenty of time...relax...take a break!:bwgy:

Ldub
07/26/2010, 12:33 AM
Ah, congrats! 9-1...you've got plenty of time...relax...take a break!:bwgy:

Thanks Bro, after the landlord made an issue of me parking my Moab tire trailer behind the building, (I move it weekly, & mow the grass where it sits) decided to increase my rent $40.- a month, then thought it would be a good idea to ask me to sign a lease, (after renting from him for 14 yrs...month to month after the first yr) we decided to look around to see if we could find something better...:yesgray:

Guess what?...we found a large 2 bdrm, WITH garage, in a neighborhood that's all well maintained apt buildings on one side of the street, & well maintained newer homes on the other side of the street, no ghetto in sight anywhere...all for just a bit more than we were paying after our rent increase...:thumbup:.:yes:.:thumbup:

I dunno what's up with my soon to be X-LL, he used to be almost OK, but lately he's been "storing" a ghettoliscious POS 68 ford LTD wagon in the parking lot, saying it's a collectors item...:rolleyesg And in the next breath, saying my trailer is an eyesore...:upsetgray

Yeh, I can see that...brand new trailer with a sweet ricer wing = eyesore...POS 68 ford wagon, with peeling plastic woodgrain = collectors item...I dunno how I got so far off base...:_confused

This is the same man who only mows the perimeter of the front lawn, cause the city inspectors prolly won't notice it at a glance (it's mowed close to the street, but that's it). Lazy & cheap are the descriptives that come most readily to my mind...:rolleyesg

Also, I'm the one who tows all the other tennants vehicles out of the parking lot after a blizzard, so he can get a snow plow in to clear the lot (usually not until 3-4 in the afternoon). I also do all of my own repairs with the exception of phone & plumbing problems...so yah, I guess pizzn a solid, long term renter down your own leg is a good idea...:_thinking

Of course, that's just my side of the story, I'm just glad to be moving...:dance:

Venting/rant over, thank you for your time...:smilewink

Sorry Giz, as usual, this thread got jacked a few ckicks sideways...:flower:

crotchrocket
07/26/2010, 04:19 AM
in a neighborhood that's all well maintained apt buildings on one side of the street, & well maintained newer homes on the other side of the street,

And so what are they doing letting you move there ......................... Just kiddin :bgwo:

Ldub
07/26/2010, 04:43 AM
And so what are they doing letting you move there ......................... Just kiddin :bgwo:

LOL...not far from the truth...me & TLMP will be about the worst thing(s) this neighborhood has seen in a while...:yesgray:

The American equivalant of Sid & Nancy...:smilewink

http://www.dallascowboyfansunited.com/forums/images/smiliesIII/59.gif

http://www.dallascowboyfansunited.com/forums/images/smilies/Beavis.gif

Gizmo42
07/26/2010, 05:21 PM
Sorry Giz, as usual, this thread got jacked a few ckicks sideways

So I noticed :mad:

Thats it! I'm never posting here again, you ppl are soooo rude!

:D :laughing:

Its all good Dub, I dont mind anything I post going off topic :_beer:

And 'grats on the new digs. I finally broke down a few yrs ago and moved out of the apt I'd been in for 15 yrs. Was either that or learn spanish.

Ldub
07/27/2010, 01:05 AM
And 'grats on the new digs. I finally broke down a few yrs ago and moved out of the apt I'd been in for 15 yrs. Was either that or learn spanish.

There's no language or pigmentation issues that exist in my situation, & I'm not implying that was the case in yours...:flower:

I do my best to get along with as many of the other of my fellow erf inhabitants as possible, without any condition other than being decent human beings...BUT. (there's ALWAYS a but...:smilewink)

When the neighborhood becomes populated with societal "lower forms" that have no regard for other people in any manner, it's time to move on...:upsetgray

The apt nxt door to ours was rented to some young, meth addled, morons...not the first time I've had crap for neighbors, hope it's the last.

Last week I couldn't get out of my door to go to work, (11:45PM) because there was a guy passed out blocking the door. (That was fun...:naughty:)

Stuff that's not nailed down has been "growing legs" around here for a while now.

There was a pit bull related mauling (http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/34289/publisher_ID/29/) of a UPS guy across the street while we were in Moab this spring.

All that, in conjunction with my LL's "stellar" maintence of the property, add up to one outcome...time to go...:yesgray:

Really, I mean it this time...rant off...:mbrasd:

Gizmo42
07/27/2010, 05:35 PM
The main reason I moved out of there was I couldnt stand one more summer of being on the top floor with just a little wall shaker a/c unit. Had to have it running full blast 24/7 to keep the bedroom below 90 deg. And 15 yrs of stereos on either side at full volume was more then enough, especially when its mexican music. I had nothing against the ppl living around me personally (other then the a**hats with the stereos). Once the complex became a part of govt assisted housing, it became mostly mexican. I got along great with most of them, as long as they spoke at least enough english that we could have a conversation.

when I moved I had 2 priorities in a new place. 1, central a/c (an HVAC tech should at least have functional a/c lol), and 2, washer/dryer hookups. No more spending all day trying to do 2 loads of laundry waiting for machines.

Ldub
07/28/2010, 01:31 AM
The main reason I moved out of there was I couldnt stand one more summer of being on the top floor with just a little wall shaker a/c unit. Had to have it running full blast 24/7 to keep the bedroom below 90 deg. And 15 yrs of stereos on either side at full volume was more then enough, especially when its mexican music. I had nothing against the ppl living around me personally (other then the a**hats with the stereos). Once the complex became a part of govt assisted housing, it became mostly mexican. I got along great with most of them, as long as they spoke at least enough english that we could have a conversation.

when I moved I had 2 priorities in a new place. 1, central a/c (an HVAC tech should at least have functional a/c lol), and 2, washer/dryer hookups. No more spending all day trying to do 2 loads of laundry waiting for machines.

I'm with ya Bro...don't matter if it's mariachi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiI0AzqYlU) or megadeth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWoJBHibhM)...if I can't sleep, I get awfully grumpy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYWxEF49PQ), & sometimes downright unpleasant to be around...:upsetgray

Bob Barker
07/28/2010, 01:45 AM
The worst is loud sex neighbors, especially when I was single and getting lucky wasn't on my monthly planner!

I'd rather some terrible free style rap battles all night than hear someone else gettin' jiggy with it when I'm in the middle of a dry spell! But now I'm married and don't have to worry about that anymore, I already know sex is off the menu!

Gizmo42
07/28/2010, 04:23 PM
That never really bothered me. I just pounded on the wall and they quieted down really quick LOL. I think my last apt had rice paper for walls. Could hear the neighbors just talking. Most of the time I lived there was when I was working graveyard shift and sleeping during the day so complaining about noise never went anywhere.