PDA

View Full Version : 15 000 mile service

valenki
08/28/2003, 06:45 PM
Excuse me fellow VX'ers I dont want to seem arrogant , but I bought my VX without the service manual and it has been hard to find it. The dealer has been promising it for 5 months but yet it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any Ideas? Also , can you nice people tell me what is required at the 15'000 mile service because I am in the dark and already have 17000 . So, please let me know if you have a free minute. :confused:

johnnyapollo
08/28/2003, 09:28 PM
http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=AIM&Make=AIM&Model=VEHI&Year=1999&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&mscsid=

You want the one listed as "1999 Vehicross Owner Manual Portfolio "

-- John

Raque Thomas
08/29/2003, 05:41 AM
15,000 mile service, per owner's manual:
Change front & rear axle oil
Change transfer case oil
Rotate tires
Check: battery fluid leverl, coolant level, brake fluid level, for fluid leaks, cooling & heater hoses, exhaust sustem, tires & wheels, steering operation, brake lines & hoses, disc brakes, brake pedal play, parking brake, suspension & steering, power steering fluid, TOD system fluid, cruise control linkage & hoses, starter safety switch, accelerator linkage
Change engine oil, replace filter
Lube accelerator linkage
Lube body & chassis
Lube key lock cylinder

Your Isuzu dealer's standard 15,000 service will be designed around "normal" cars, not the VX so you'll want to cover with him what you want done - their standard 15,000 service will likely not include the front & rear axle oil or the transfer case oil. My dealer also included a 4 wheel alignment, which is pretty expensive if you don't need it.

Tone
08/29/2003, 08:14 AM
Tranny should also be done at 15K. VX only offers front wheel alignment - there is no rear wheel adjustment.

Raque Thomas
08/29/2003, 08:47 AM
Tone - I must defer to you as being MUCH more knowledgable about the VX - but according to the manual, auto trans fluid should be changed every 20,000 under severe conditions, I can't find anywhere what the "Normal" interval should be. Also, my dealer did a 4 wheel alignment and provided me with the computer readout showing adjustments at all four wheels - was I ripped off???? It was quite a bit more pricey than a two wheel alignment - I may be due a partial refund!

drdavidr4u
11/03/2003, 02:28 PM
Hey Tone,
I'm comming up to my 15,000 miles and wondering how you would have answered Raques question to you?
Thanks,
Dave:)