PDA

View Full Version : Stock U-Joints or Indy4x ones?

LittleBeast
07/22/2010, 03:33 PM
So Merlin said he could get the stock U-joints for me for:

$87 front (trans case)
$97 rear (diff side)

and then Independent 4x says they can get "Super High Quality Japanese replacement u-joints for Isuzu driveshafts", supposedly these are an up-grade in quality for:

$40 each https://www.independent4x.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=459%7B13%7D64

Independent is calling me back tomorrow with the details, but what should I do? Indy4x didn't even mention there is a difference between the front and rear (maybe they will tomorrow), but should I just order the Indy4x ones for half the price? Thanks for any input.

Oh and the guy at the Driveline shop where I dropped it off at said both u-joints were in terrible condition, but the Slip Yoke was fine and doesn't need any attention. Interesting huh?

Bob Barker
07/22/2010, 04:53 PM
If the U-joints were worn out with my truck I would be the test dummy but that's not the case. Maybe in a few months when I haven't anything else to do I will buy a set and swap them and see how it works out...

RamAirZ
07/22/2010, 10:52 PM
They shouldn't be any worse than stock I wouldn't think. Indy sells some nice parts, even if some of them are overpriced at times for certain things but at least they are helping us Isuzu guys. I would get the Indy4x ones if it were me. At worse I think you'll just be saving money lol at best they will be better

LittleBeast
07/23/2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah I was going to just get the Indy ones because I always order through them when I can, but the fact that they did not know that there were in fact two different sizes of U-joint on the driveshaft scared me off from ordering from them. Normally they are the source for this kind of info, but Merlin told me about the 2 different sizes, I called the driveshaft place that has my driveshaft at the moment and they confirmed 2 different size u-joints so I just played it safe and ordered the OEM ones since I would just be hoping that the 2 sizes Indy sent me were the right sized ones since they didn't know it in fact has 2 different sizes for the diff side and transfer case side.

RamAirZ
07/23/2010, 09:14 PM
Ya I would have played it safe then too. Indy has given me some wrong info before (or more so told me I was wrong when I knew I was right lol) but for the most part they are pretty good. Bet your looking forward to getting them in huh