PDA

View Full Version : Brammo Empulse

Triathlete
07/19/2010, 08:47 AM
For all you motorbikers...have you seen this yet (http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=1782046&_blg=1,1782046)?
Looks like a pretty solid first outing.:yesy:

Luna X
07/19/2010, 09:57 AM
:thumbup: Yes, I saw that a few days ago and it made me think of better (i.e... less stupid people texting while driving) days.

I had a blast back when I had the original Ninja 900, and have always wanted to get back into riding. But even I won't do it as long as we're living in the Phx area..... it's jusy WAY too crazy/congested arouns here.

Somebody needs to help me inform my wife there is life ouside the Valley of the Sun and she would have no problem finding another job, (she is a nurse afterall, with about 15 yrs experience)

But I digress....... that bike would definately be right on the top of my short list!! :yesgray:

MSHardeman
07/19/2010, 10:38 AM
It's a super cool bike (looks like a Ducati Monster), but I still have a problem with the limited range that all electric cars have. Unfortunately this country is spread way the heck out and has been designed for and by the automobile. I have a motorcycle, and I can only get about 130 miles on a tank of gas, but I can pull into a gas station, fill up, and be on my way again for another 130 miles in about ten minutes. If you where to do that with any electric vehicle, you'd be stuck where ever you where when it ran out of juice for, probably, a few hours while it recharged.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for saving the planet, and we DO need to investigate alternative energy sources, but for now full on electric vehicles are limited to just local commuting so you can re-charge at home every night. And speaking of which, plugging your electric vehicle into an outlet that get's it's electricity from a coal fired electrical plant really doesn't help out much. On top of all that the inherent energy it takes to produce the vehicle in the first place is massive as well as the fact that the battery is toxic once it's reached the end of it's useful life span.

Sorry, sorry...I'll get off my soap box now.....:eek: With all of that said I STILL wouldn't give up my 16-18 mpg VX right now.

It IS a cool bike and a great step in the right direction.

circmand
07/19/2010, 10:52 AM
get a Harley Rider to ride an electronic bike. It does make enough noise and compensate for their small pen$#

Ldub
07/19/2010, 11:57 AM
get a Harley Rider to ride an electronic bike. It does make enough noise and compensate for their small pen$#

Hey Mark...

Which do you wanna show circ a pic of first???...:confused:

Your bike? or your Pen$et?

I vote bike...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/Rayne_10-17-09_11.JPG

MSHardeman
07/19/2010, 12:54 PM
Dub, I was trying to decide which one to show first, but this being a family site, and all, I'll just say that I had the bike built because I love to ride, and I can promise you that there is no need for "compensation".:biggringr

Just glad that you had a picture of the bike and not.......

Ldub
07/19/2010, 01:08 PM
Just glad that you had a picture of the bike and not.......

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg0/ORIENT-EXPRESS--quot-LUCERNE-quot--ROLLER-BALL---BALLPOINT-PEN-SET16406.jpg

MSHardeman
07/19/2010, 04:17 PM
:_thinking OK, I've tried to get into a "dub state of mind" (I got scared and had to stop), but I can't for the life of me get the picture reference......

OH WAIT....as I was typing the above statement it hit me.....PENSET.....hey, no one ever accused me of being the sharpest tool in the shed....:_iamwiths

Sorry for the TJ Billy, maybe we should take this confab over to Ldub's Midnight Topics.

Triathlete
07/19/2010, 05:23 PM
No appologies needed...its just a chit chat thead! Not like I've never jacked a thread!:angel: