PDA

View Full Version : Help to find a VX in the UK

clark607
07/19/2010, 06:04 AM
I am looking to buy a VX here in the UK, has anyone seen one available and would recommend.

clark607
07/19/2010, 06:09 AM
i found a few http://cars.oodle.co.uk/isuzu-vehicross/ what do you think?

clark607
07/19/2010, 11:44 AM
The "Vehiross" (the first one) is now not listed..... so i am down to 2.....1997 or 1999???

clark607
07/19/2010, 11:54 AM
What year should i really be going for? as i am worried on getting parts here in the UK?
Any suggestions?

vt_maverick
07/19/2010, 12:04 PM
The first thing you need to do is relax. Maybe you don't mean it that way, but it sounds like you think the three (now two) VX's you mentioned are the only ones that will ever be available in the UK. Be patient, take some time to do a little perusing here, learn to love the search engine, and wait for some of your fellow countrymen to weigh in.

clark607
07/19/2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for your reply, i know that it looks like i am rushing this, but my current car has recently broken down and will cost to much to get fixed. So i need to get a new car ASAP for work and for my family. I suppose i can wait until have finished my 6 month tour. But it is just so frustrating not having a car available.
But i think i will have to just keep looking around until i go... then i will have to buy one when i get back unless something jumps out at me.

Thanks again

vt_maverick
07/19/2010, 05:44 PM
It's tough I know, but rarely does a good car buying experience happen when you feel under the gun. When do you leave for your tour? Or are you on it now?

clark607
07/19/2010, 05:52 PM
I leave in 2 weeks for 6 months, so i am wondering if i should sort everything out before i go or just hold of until i get back, either way i will need to get a new car sorted for when i get back.......as i hate trains and public transport lol.
But the way things are looking it would probably be easier to wait until i get back. so i am taking my time now to price up parts and to see what are the common problems people have been having.... so i can get a good idea on what it would cost me to get fixed.... also i have been trying to find out where people have been taking there cars for servicing etc.

RickOKC
07/19/2010, 08:42 PM
Click here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/memberlist.php?&field10=uk&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30) for a list of UK members sorted by the last time they visited. Maybe you could contact someone close to one of VXs you found to see if they could check it out and give a review.

I just got my VX and it took me about 5 months of shopping before I found one I felt comfortable with - it was the 5th one I saw. Three were simply awful and one was so showroom perfect that it was out of my budget. I also didn't bother looking a several more due to bad reviews from other members here.

BEST OF LUCK to you!

alterastro
07/20/2010, 12:07 AM
Hey I'm number one! :yeso:

Sounds to me Clark that you'd be better off waiting for your return. In the meantime you can see what comes available and see what sort of prices they fetch. I paid £2500 for min but I was lucky. Most seem to go for nearer £5k but you'll occasionally get a bargain like I did.

Waiting will also give you time to trawl through here as see all there good and bad points.

Where are you? If local, I'm happy to go shopping with you on our return :)

Cheers

Nick

clark607
07/20/2010, 04:13 AM
Thanks for your replies.....

I think i will do that Nick, i will wait until i get back to see what is available. i have noticed that they are going around the 5k mark..... so i will keep my eyes open for a bargain.

I am from Northampton, but i am based in Salisbury so i am up and down the country most weekends.

Thanks

Sean

kirk hilton
07/20/2010, 05:46 AM
Hi Clark607, I'm also a UK owner and for the past couple of years I've been keeping am eye on the UK market. There are about 35 VXs in the UK, most good (owned by fans) but a few not so good (not owned by fans). What you really have to do is look at a few so you can get a feel for the good and bad. Get to know the features and problems of the VX so you a spot them. If you buy a bad one for 5000 rather then a good one for 3000 (and that can happen because it such a rarity and the market is all over the place because buyers and sellers really don't have a fixed idea) then rather then becoming a life long fan you will feel its an expensive millstone. Buy in haste regret in leisure.

PS the ones you have seen selling for 5000 are the ones that haven't sold for 5000 (for example the one with all the white stickers is generally consider not great having changed hands every few months). VXs do periodically appear on Ebay and occasionally on AutoTrader but you really have to bide you time and talk to the owners.

alanbradley
07/20/2010, 06:18 AM
I can't do anything but agree with Kirk and Alterastro.

I'm the closest to Northampton (I live in Corby) and I'd be glad to meet you somewhere so you can at least have a try of one and see if you like it or not. I'm away this weekend but I'm working from home on Thursday if that suits.

Send me a PM on here and we'll see if we can sort something out.

Kirk probably remembers the pages and pages of e-mail that passed between us when he was wringing his hands over buying one!

Let me know,

Alan

clark607
07/20/2010, 06:23 AM
Thanks Kirk....

I have been looking around and made some calls. I have found 3 vx's 1 is a 99 plate (P966XWS) but when i called he said it was a 97 plate confused. But he said that it had a new cambelt in September, and has been serviced and new tyres.

The other 2 are a 97 plate (£4995) and 98 (£5495 ebay) plate both have not yet been registered.

The 97 plate will require new tyres and he was not sure if any work has been carried out but i was told any work would be carried out once registered and any faults/problems would be carried out if picked up on MOT. but will come with full MOT and 6 months TAX.

The 98 plate has a large central radio installed (Standard), the bloke said he does not now if it was a Satnav or reverse camera. But he said he thinks it is just a radio? But will have Full MOT and 6 months Tax after it has been registered.

I have been wondering if it be worth me buying one that has not yet been registered here in the UK, but the problem is, if i do then i will not know any history of the vehicle and just have to make sure that there is warranty and cambelt and full service before i consider it.

So the search continues.......lol

alanbradley
07/20/2010, 06:40 AM
Ahhh - you've found the rub... People selling often haven't a clue what it is they're actually selling they just know that its "a bit odd".

The standard radio (Clarion) is a reversing camera, Minidisc player, CD-changer and radio, but I don't believe its a satnav. Once you've tried to manoeuvre in a tight space without the reversing camera you'll understand how important it is. The stanard radio will only be able to pick up Radio 2 unless it has a band expander fitted.

I believe the cambelt's not that big a deal and I've had mine checked and it was done not so long before I bought it.

I hope that's a bit more help,

Alan

(work's boring this afternoon...)

clark607
07/20/2010, 07:04 AM
Ahhh - you've found the rub... People selling often haven't a clue what it is they're actually selling they just know that its "a bit odd".

The standard radio (Clarion) is a reversing camera, Minidisc player, CD-changer and radio, but I don't believe its a satnav. Once you've tried to manoeuvre in a tight space without the reversing camera you'll understand how important it is. The stanard radio will only be able to pick up Radio 2 unless it has a band expander fitted.

I believe the cambelt's not that big a deal and I've had mine checked and it was done not so long before I bought it.

I hope that's a bit more help,

Alan

(work's boring this afternoon...)

So i take it that the Double Din is with the reverse camera, as the the guys seem to think it is just a radio?
http://pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=1361882&noPics=9&make=ISUZU&model=VEHICROSS&imgsrv=1&current=8

crotchrocket
07/20/2010, 07:29 AM
Hi Clark, Im another regular UK member.

The standard was the clarion which is a double DIN and screen. The screen should show the picture from the reversing camera when put into reverse. Mine did come with an OEM sat nav but as it was all in japanese i couldnt iunderstand it and it kept telling me i was 7000k from my destination all the time :D Anyway i ripped it all out and put in my flip up ripspead screen and it all works perfectly, i put it in reverse and it comes up on the screen as it did with the standard one. Only thing you have to do is run an rca video cable to an already existing output in the boot and hook up the switch wire from your headunit to the reverse light.....................but i think im getting ahead of myself as you dont have one yet!!

What are you looking for, an off roader? or 100% on road ??

clark607
07/20/2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the info, as at this stage that is what i really need, so i know what things to look for.

crotchrocket
07/20/2010, 07:45 AM
There is no need to worry about getting mechanical parts for it, it shares its chassis / engine / drivetrain with the 3.2 + 3.5 SWB Trooper and the Vaxhaul Frontera B. The problem is body work which would be a struggle to find. Mine had a cracked windscreen and the dealer replaced it before i bought it.........cost him nearly a grand!!! (so get windscreen cover ;) )

clark607
07/20/2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks again for the advice, that was what i needed to hear. i was worried about parts and prices. As at the moment my current car i was quoted £2800 for a new fuel pump to be fitted!!

So i have now decided to buy 2 cars, 1 for me, to get to and from work and for the wife to learn to drive. Then i will buy a VX for myself.......as you do.

alanbradley
07/20/2010, 08:11 AM
^That's a good plan. Put it like this, I have a Mazda RX8 as my sensible, everyday, economy car. Compared to the Vehicross it is!

The offer to meet up and let you have a shotty of mine still stands.

A

crotchrocket
07/20/2010, 08:27 AM
Dont be offended or put off VX's for life when you see Alans by the way :D

Oh, and i've always said if someone offered me the right price i'd sell mine ;) ................. just putting it out there! ................... dont tell anyone on here though!

clark607
07/20/2010, 08:34 AM
Dont be offended or put off VX's for life when you see Alans by the way :D

Oh, and i've always said if someone offered me the right price i'd sell mine ;) ................. just putting it out there! ................... dont tell anyone on here though!

lol........interested:winky:

clark607
07/20/2010, 08:40 AM
^That's a good plan. Put it like this, I have a Mazda RX8 as my sensible, everyday, economy car. Compared to the Vehicross it is!

The offer to meet up and let you have a shotty of mine still stands.

A

Thanks for the offer, but i currently have no transport at the moment. But will be good to see your's and get some advice i.e where to get parts/serviced etc

kirk hilton
07/20/2010, 12:48 PM
As Alan B correctly reminded me he was very helpful when I was looking for my VX. Not only was he able to answer specific technical questions but he also gave me the necessary push to buy one (a decision I do not regret) even though filling the beast up can cause initial concern.

But overall it's the only car I've really been really fond of. I was also very lucky to find the (I believe) the only 175 limited edition VX in the UK (but I wouldn't be surprised if there are others - but not to my knowledge)

I'm in Manchester I visited it in Sussex to look at it after it had recently been privately imported. I subsequently flew down to pick it up (then drove it back) but other UK owners have purchased from Spain and then drove back over 2000 miles.

History is a problem with any private import so it's best to take your time, know the problems, talk to the owners on the forum and take a few for test rides before purchasing.

The one you've mentioned p966, I believe, has been on the market for a long time so perhaps the trader would drop the price by quite a bit.

As you've mention the original double din hifi unit is interesting. On mine it is used as the reserving camera display (I recently had the camera refurbished at Clarion UK), as a radio (but it's limited unless you fit a band expander), and as a cassette player (though with an adapter tape I've connected a ipod). I don't know why people mention that it had a CD player (except the American version it quite different to the JDM VX with only a single DIN unit and no reversing camera). So if the reversing camera fails I can understand owners replacing the original Clarion (ADDZEST) with a European market unit. And a few UK VXs have done just that.

clark607
07/20/2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for you reply....

The P966 is up for sale for £4995.00 and when i talk to him he said he loved it and has been driving it and added approx. 1000 miles on the clock.

still looking and very please for all the people here giving me advice.

Thanks everyone!

clark607
07/22/2010, 04:40 AM
98 plate on ebay has now dropped in price to £4995.00, but i am still looking around. I will wait until i get back to buy a VX. I am still reading up on them, and what parts costs etc so i know what to look for when i go on a car hunt when i get back.

I also had some luck today.....

My Zafira (Fuel Pump Problem) started first time?? So the Fuel pump is definitely ok. My guess is the EGR Valve. But the garage obviously went for the most expensive fault for repair without checking for other possibilities.....

£200 for EGR Valve
£2800 for Fuel Pump

A bit of a difference lol

crotchrocket
07/22/2010, 04:54 AM
Could be a small as just needing a new fuel filter to be honest? Can you hear the fuel pump 'prime' when you turn the ignition on? if so then its definately working. Are you in a position to do a pressure test on the fuel pump? I presume the garage did? maybe worth asking them how they came to the assumption that the pump was dead.

Can a faulty EGR valve stop the car working entirely? i know it can make it run badly but not sure if it can stop it from starting, all it does it put a percentage of exhaust gas into the air intake, i would of thought even if it was stuck open there would be enough air/fuel mix to start with.

Not sure what else to suggest, accept the usual things of checking all connctions to the coil packs etc, which again i presume the garage did?

98 plate on ebay has now dropped in price to £4995.00, but i am still looking around. I will wait until i get back to buy a VX. I am still reading up on them, and what parts costs etc so i know what to look for when i go on a car hunt when i get back.

My Zafira (Fuel Pump Problem) started first time?? So the Fuel pump is definitely ok. My guess is the EGR Valve. But the garage obviously went for the most expensive fault for repair without checking for other possibilities.....

£200 for EGR Valve
£2800 for Fuel Pump

vt_maverick
07/22/2010, 05:33 AM
I would suggest getting a second opinion.

alanbradley
07/22/2010, 07:41 AM

£200 for EGR Valve
£2800 for Fuel Pump

Yeah, just a bit... I have a mate that's a mobile mechanic based in Kettering if you'd like me to give you his number. he's an MOT tester by day and, amazingly, has no agenda. I use him for all my VX stuff and he finds working on it a bit different from hammering at his collection of moudly old Range Rovers. Anyway, he's one of these people that is a natural mechanic so the offer's there.

A

kirk hilton
07/25/2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Clarke607, just a heads up to say there is a very nice VX just put onto ebay UK. It doesn't have the original seats but have very nice red recaros. That probably means that the owner has looked after it. The bad new is it located in Bodmin Cornwall so a bit of travelling if you want to see it. I have encountered this VX virtually before and the current owner, I believe, tried to sell it more than a year ago but I don't think it made the reserve so he kept it. It is an unusual blue (mid night blue) so it could possible be a limited edition (although that isn't stated in the listing) however I can't see the red door panels of a limited so then again it may not be. But all the same I feel its a good one and certainly worth a looking at. It also has some features that are unusual for a VX eg the minidisc, chrome wing mirrors, and the fog-light bar, saying that it seems to be missing it grill 'fangs'

froggg
07/25/2010, 01:11 PM
Hi,thats my vehicross-and I'm certain those ARE original seats-the rear seats are the same colour;as I said I believe this one had all the optional extras available-(special order?)
Door panels are carbon fibre/grey
I have NOT tried to sell it before...I have mentioned to colleagues (I'm in the garage trade-mostly gas welding) it could be for sale, but thats all.
It's not missing its fangs either,they're plain black(no sign of faded silver at all)
It also has a full set of vehicross mats
It came in the country in 2007,had a new belt then...3 mot's with nothing needed...
Had the usual problem with the heater(lack of use) fixed that
Window clamps are both good
Minidisc is a 6 disc multichanger!
FYI it has IMHO a reasonable reserve...saying that ,Im not trying to sell it here, just supplying correct info:)
ps I have the wing passenger mirror also

clark607
07/25/2010, 02:02 PM
Thank you Kirk/Frogg

I appriciate the help, but i will have to wait now until i get back from my tour to buy one (Jan) asi leave very soon.
But on a good note i have now sold my car, and will definatley be going car shopping when i get back. I am looking forward to being able to get around alot easyier, i hate walking lol.

Good look with your sale Frogg.

kirk hilton
07/25/2010, 03:52 PM
I stand corrected Frogg, you are of course correct I first saw this VX on this very web site about a year ago and just assumed it had been advertised - sorry. It really looks a good one and I hope you get what's it worth and to someone who will really appreciate it. It is a bit of an oddity I can understand that you have all the extra but I didn't appreciate that non limited edition VXs could have special factory paint jobs, certainly explains a brown VX we saw earlier this year. As to the seats the fact that you've got a matching rear bench seat does suggest that the red recaros are factory fitted (which are very nice by the way) but I have not seen their like before on any VX.

crotchrocket
07/26/2010, 01:26 AM
Nice VX Froggg !!

clark607
08/16/2010, 07:29 AM
i am still here and still looking...lol although i am miles and miles away.

crotchrocket
08/16/2010, 09:01 AM
Hope your playing safe out there man!!

Woodsman
08/16/2010, 09:59 AM
Come back craig (or was it clive?) in hove. All may be forgiven! Seriously there was a silver vx being tended for at a local workshop recently and for sale, don't know where it ended up. Maybe dorset which is close.

Mike

clark607
08/29/2010, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone!

I am still here, playing it safe. I have still been seaching, looking forward to going car shopping when i get back. :bgwb:

stangri
08/29/2010, 12:45 PM
I've seen a few JDM 97 VXs on Japanese auction sites and they sold very cheap, like $3k each if that. It costs approx $1k more to cover all Japanese fees and freight to UK. How hard is it to import a car from Japan to UK? I remember seeing a lot of the imports when living in Ireland.

FuddyMucker
09/01/2010, 03:06 AM
Gutted as I am, it seems I have to sell my VX :(

I will be putting it on Ebay later today but would be happier selling it to an enthusiast if possible.

It has just flown through its MOT

The top end of the engine was rebuilt 3000 miles ago (after one of the valves failed) the cambelt and tentioner were also replaced at that time.

It has a full lpg conversion which has been serviced and it now runs better on lpg than petrol and gives me back a fantastic 34mpg.

I am in somerset and welcome any test drive

kirk hilton
09/01/2010, 04:13 AM
Sorry you're going to sell the VX after all the time and initial trouble you had but you have returned a sick car to full health which is always good to know. I hope you find a loving new owner and not a dealer (but needs must). Currently there are no VXs on Ebay or ATrader so a good time to sell with autumn in the air.

clark607
09/01/2010, 12:09 PM
very nice VX PM sent

FuddyMucker
09/01/2010, 02:39 PM
I have finally listed it on Ebay including a little video

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200514942969

Will be sad to see her go :(

vt_maverick
09/01/2010, 08:11 PM
How do you pull up the video?

FuddyMucker
09/02/2010, 12:03 AM
:mad: GUTTED :mad:

Ebay have removed my listing because I listed it as

"ISUZU VehiCROSS SPORTS 4x4 not bmw x3 or x5"

I have relisted it now but it won't start until 21:45 tonight and it is only a 3 day auction so will be finishing on Sunday night

The YouTube sale vid can still be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQbqp_PSStM

crotchrocket
09/02/2010, 01:47 AM
Nice vid!! Good luck with the sale!

VX-157
09/02/2010, 04:09 PM
Nice vid!! Good luck with the sale!

I concur!

FuddyMucker
09/03/2010, 02:42 AM
Thanks Guys for your good luck wishes.

The Truck is now relisted without the mention of bmw x3 or x5

going very cheap at the moment, just 99p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200515060146

stangri
09/03/2010, 06:05 AM
Dude, if your truck really has a range of about 3500 miles it's so worth buying just for that! :)

Which system did you use for multimedia/navigation?

clark607
09/03/2010, 11:32 AM
Good luck with your sale mate, nice VX.

crotchrocket
12/29/2010, 08:36 AM
Hey Sean, so after all the help i gave you (bending over backwards would be a good term) and us making a deal on you buying my Isuzu, me stripping it out ready for sale and obviously leaving all the stuff in our deal in it, buying another vehicle to get around in so i wasnt using it, paying for the tax for you! altering and planning my holiday dates around you picking up the VX, offering you storage for the vehicle until you were able to pick it up (which you were happy to accept), fitting new brake pads for you and getting the steering seen too

1 WEEK BEFORE THE DEAL,

you f+ck off and wont answer emails PM's or even your wife's mobile.... Oh and i see by your activity you were on this site on the 27th. WOW WHAT A F+CKING NICE GUY YOU ARE......................... thanks alot

rant over

Flintstone
09/12/2011, 11:02 AM
Well I thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start another 'Looking for a Vehicross' one of my own. Read it all through with interest and then hit crotchrocket's post :( I don't know who Sean is but I wouldn't have wanted to be in his shoes.

That aside let's see if we can lighten the mood. Who'd like to help me find a Vehicross? :smilewink None on the usual sites at the moment apart from one on Pistonheads which looks overpriced to me http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3194656.htm

I've time on my hands so am happy to trawl the japanese/UK import sites, would anyone like to recommend any?

Thanks in advance,

PS. crotchrocket, are you still selling or is that a sensitive tooth?

Paul_A
09/13/2011, 03:16 AM
Hi! To be honest... I'd steer well clear of anything that mentions having been "off roaded"
If I were looking again I'd seriously look to importing one from Japan. Here's a link.. I guess you're looking at around £4,400 inc shipping plus 10% import duty 20% VAT on that and a few hundred to register and tax it Around 6k all in.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/isuzu/vehicross/6698308/

Good Luck! If you need any help let me know!

Flintstone
09/13/2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Paul.

Yup, I'm not into anything that's been off road a lot not because I don't think they can take it but there is that danger of damage plus I'll probably be paying for upgraded kit that I won't need. Bit of a waste for someone to build something capable of surviving a post-apocalyptic world for me only to park it on an uneven kerb.

Thanks for the link, off for a look. If you were looking to buy that vehicle what questions might you ask the seller apart from the usual about servicing and damage? Are there modrls to avoid or are they all much the same?

If you've anything else to offer I'm all ears...

Paul_A
09/14/2011, 02:30 AM
Hi,

I'd ask if the electric windows work 100%.... they can be a real pain.

The transmission is probably the most Important thing on these.. make sure they can guarantee it's all 100% i.e. The TOD works as it should, shifting is smooth.

Rear view camera and screen are working as they should (those cameras have a nasty tendency to get full of water.. it's not a showstopper if it is u/s cos you can get cheapy ones from ebay...but a pain none the less)

Shocks... ask if any are showing signs of "weeping"

Has the cambelt been replaced?.... it's due at that mileage.

Make sure none of the glass is damaged (chips in the windscreen etc....It took me 6 months to get a replacement windscreen through autoglass!)

If you do import one... some of the parts are easy, Brake pads are the same as the Vauxhall frontera "B" series, the engine is the same as the Frontera v6/Isuzu trooper/Vauxhall Monterey.. so not too bad..air filter pack is the same as Frontera, some of the interior switch gear is the same. Exhaust system is Impossible to get but you can get one made up in stainless for less than the factory replacement..

Where in the u.k. are you buddy?
Lol! just noticed! Hertford Heath?.... not far away at all!

Flintstone
09/14/2011, 04:47 AM
All good stuff, thanks Paul. Unless that exporter wants to drop their price though I may have to just look locally. At current exchange rates they want £4,700 CIF. Add to that the taxes and you're not far off £6200! Then of course the DVLA will want a slice...

PS Not Hertford Heath, Puckeridge. For some reason the 'merkin based software here can't think beyond its own borders :happyface

crotchrocket
09/16/2011, 02:57 AM
They both seam over priced, but you have to remember they have gone up in value since the Japan earthquake / Tsunami.

good luck with the search, maybe look to find one with an LPG conversion as they like their fuel!

Paul_A
09/17/2011, 02:53 AM
Hey! Dickyg has one for sale!! (Ludlow)!!

Flintstone
09/20/2011, 12:58 PM
Yup, he emailled me.

Flintstone
09/21/2011, 03:03 AM
... plus 10% import duty 20% VAT on that and a few hundred to register and tax it...

Have you (or anyone else here) imported a car? How difficult is it? I've found a more reasonably priced one which would cost about £3500 inc taxes. It seems to have lost the stereo/camera though, how big a deal is that to replace? I assume it would have to be something non-standard. I've fired off a list of questions to the seller but thought someone here may have been through the process before me.

Monstertrucker
02/28/2012, 04:52 PM
Hi, I may be selling my VX very soon if anyone in the UK wants a black JDM with no mods or damage apart from red anodised Enkei Super Violence wheels :p and larger 275 tyres, (Cooper Discoverer H/T), fantastic in the snow we just had for only a week. Wish I had it last year! That's why I bought it but this year it's been unusually mild. :mad:

Engine runs beautifully and shows 78k on the clock but most of that is in Kilometres, as it's only clocked in miles since 2002 import to UK. I think I worked it out to 59 or 60k miles when I got it last August. Certainly in good condition, save for some internal scuffs in the back, as you would expect of a truck.

Original radio and screen with a Panasonic GPS Nav. system and CD, even the remote but not had it running as batteries are flat and presumably only has Japanese maps. Screen works only on very hot days! Seriously, I was told this by the guy who sold me the truck and I thought, "yeah, right!" but it actually did work last summer only on the hottest day! Some sort of thermally influenced screen connection problem.

Rear camera works but screen obviously very temperamental. Mostly mental! :bwgy:

I have the whole Owner's file of manuals and service books etc. but no service stamps unfortunately but I do have some MOT test certificates to prove mileage since import and the MOT history is also online too, of course since digital records began in 2005-6. I fitted a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox and have had a custom stainless Powerflow catback exhaust and angled oval tip fitted, (£350), which sounds really nice and throaty.

So much so, that this evening on the way home from work, I gave it some beans past the local bus stop and a lad jumped out of the darkness and shouted "Yeah!" :p

Emissions are extremely low, I think it was 31ppm HC's, zero, yes, 0.00% CO and perfect lambda of 1.00. Infact better than my MkIV Supra TT VVTi, also for sale, both from 1997 year of manufacture.

Thinking of trading them in for an Audi RS6 Avant but would rather sell them to those that will use them for what they were intended. My VX hasn't seen mud I don't think, let alone been offroad, though I would still love to try it.

The ride is very firm but comfortable and handling is better than my Supra, which feels like a spongy old Ford Granada in comparison. The VX corners stably on the bigger tyres and has plenty of punch off the line and rev's well. I recently changed the oil and installed a K&N race filter and it seems to be getting faster, the more I use it, perhaps because of the Wynn's injector cleaner.

I only drive a mile and a half to work so it's not had many miles put on it since I bought it and also I've used the Supra much more. The guy I bought the VX from didn't do many miles either, as he's a retired Vauxhall engineer, (in Luton), working from home on a very tight budget, eventually forcing him to reluctantly sell the truck.

I bought 6 Bosch Super 4 spark plugs but haven't fitted them yet as it runs fine as it is. I do know however, that it would run even better with them, if a previous MA70 Supra's 7MGE I6 was anything to go by. Great plugs!

I would love to keep it but feel that an RS6 Avant (Estate/Station Wagon) would fulfill my need for speed and practicality in one car. We shall see.

Offers very close to GBP£4000 if interested?

I'll post a for sale thread at the weekend with photos if the RS6 looks like a goer but will need a very quick sale if I decide to buy one, as I'll need the deposit money. Cheers!

Dave, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. England, UK.