PDA

View Full Version : My friend needs your votes in a contest!

Cobrajet
07/18/2010, 03:03 PM
I was hoping I wouldn't need to plead for help from my VehiCROSS family, but this contest means so much to this young lady, that I am reaching out for your support. Hannah-Noelle (http://www.youtube.com/user/HannahNoelle2158) has been in this FTV singing contest (http://blog.feelingthevibe.com/ftvstar/) for a YEAR, and in the last round there was such a fuss raised over improper voting (votebots), that they have decided to re-run the finals. Hannah-Noelle has always come in second in each round of this contest, yet she always had the most comments (always positive.)

I have known her for a couple years, and she is just the sweetest, kindest, most selfless individual I have ever known. I would do almost anything for her. So, I am! I'm asking for your help. Please take a minute to go to the FTV site (http://blog.feelingthevibe.com/ftvstar/) and vote for Hannah-Noelle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PEoNe6Kbuc). Please vote every day. Please have your friends vote. I would hate to see the disappointment on her face if she loses this one.

Thank you. I promise I won't ask for anything again! :)

Brian Drinks
07/18/2010, 03:14 PM
Hey i just finished vote she now has 51% of the votes hope shes wins good luck.

Cobrajet
07/18/2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Brian!

51% is good, but she was at 82% when I voted this morning! Comments also count as votes (although I really don't know WHEN or HOW they count them), so please leave a comment, too.

JHarris1385
07/18/2010, 04:55 PM
still 51%

VCrossfan
07/18/2010, 05:25 PM
Still 51%

Grif
07/18/2010, 05:39 PM
still 51%

PittVXr
07/18/2010, 06:20 PM
Voted, still at 51%

Ldub
07/18/2010, 08:53 PM
51% as of 11:00 PM Central time/7-18-10

Ldub
07/19/2010, 01:09 AM
Still 51% @ 3:15 AM Central time, 07-19-10.

If you couldn't tell, I vote "Chicago style"...(vote early - vote often...:smilewink)

Cobrajet
07/19/2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks, everyone!! You're the greatest!

As of this morning, 8:11 AM EST, she had edged up to 52%. If they included the comments. I'm sure it would be over 75%. :-)

They didn't post when this round ends, but it's usually on Friday at midnight. I hope this trend continues, but in the last "final" round, this is exactly how it was going until the last day, when Shaye suddenly jumped ahead. That's when the accusations of cheating began; later confirmed by FTV. So, here we are again, going through the same torture. This is why I quit watching football on TV...my heart couldn't stand the strain. :)

Cobrajet
07/19/2010, 05:36 PM
:frowny: We're down to 45%...

Just a friendly reminder to vote and comment every day.

Thanks.

circmand
07/20/2010, 07:48 AM
section is missing is it over?

circmand
07/20/2010, 01:27 PM
it was there and I votedno comment as I refuse to register.

Ldub
07/21/2010, 12:32 AM
7/20/10 – We have decided to remove the poll due to more fraudulent voting. Only the comments will count as votes in the FTV Star finale. Thank you everyone!

Cobrajet
07/21/2010, 05:24 AM
That's disturbing! How could you have fraudulent voting with the validation they implemented. I can see more abuse with the comments - 5 times per IP address. How hard is it to spoof an IP address? Have they never heard of proxy servers?

You don't need to "register" to submit a comment, just enter a valid email address. And you don't even need to say something nice about the girls. "I vote for..." will suffice. I prefer to leave words of encouragement. Everybody needs a compliment now and then. (One round they REQUIRED you to enter the reason you were voting for the contestant. It was tough to come up with something unique to say.)

I don't think they will ever have a valid WINNER in this contest. Declare them BOTH winners and get out of the contest business!

Anyway, thanks to all who have voted fairly. Who knows when/if we will ever see the outcome of this contest. :_confused

Cobrajet
08/12/2010, 01:03 PM
For all you ardent fans who were on the edge of your seats waiting for the results of this contest...

HANNAH-NOELLE WINS!!!!!!

:LineWave: :dance: :dan_ban:

Amid all the controversy, FTV was finally able to determine a winner. But, I still feel sorry for both girls having been dragged through the wringer for a WHOLE YEAR! I hope FTV gives up any thoughts of conducting another contest. They were hopeless.

Congratulations to Hannah, and THANKS to all who participated in that weird voting debacle.