PDA

View Full Version : trailer hitch

Daly
07/14/2010, 12:11 PM
Anyone set up a trailer hitch to use for bicycle rack.
I don't have roof rack and I think the easiest way to transport bikes on the VX would be a bike rack into the trailer hitch.
Anyone know a good place to buy a hitch?

Scott Larson
07/14/2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, right here! I don't believe Curt or Rigid sells 'em for these anymore. Check ebay also...I've got a Curt that I pulled off mine, just not sure if I wanna let it go just yet. If I do, I'll list it here!

JAMAS
07/14/2010, 01:02 PM
Tom4Bren was working on duplicating the Tone hitch. Sounds like he may setup a buy similar to the seat extender buy.

TheGanzman
07/15/2010, 06:44 AM
Here's my setup - the rack is a 1UPUSA setup; not cheap, but it's "the one":

http://images.lilypix.com/albums/userpics/10077/Receiver_005.JPG

Hitch is a copy of Tone's original offering...

Bob Barker
07/15/2010, 06:56 AM
What kind of bike is that? And the wheels too?

TheGanzman
07/17/2010, 09:56 PM
What kind of bike is that? And the wheels too?

It's my own buildup - a Calfee Luna disc brake frame, Wound up carbon front fork, custom carbon one-piece flatbar/stem by Calfee, Easton carbon crank, with Aerospoke carbon composite wheels, hydraulic disc brakes, Schimano XTR shifters. I ride it on the Santa Ana river trail (60 mile RT) 3 times a week; had it about five years and put ~20K miles on it...

No logos ANYWHERE - "Murdered out", as the kids call it. Just "nude" carbon. I figure that since none of the manufacturers are sending me any "endorsement $" every month, why should I give them free advertising? Gets a lot of looks and comments - my "stealth bike"...

rowhard
07/17/2010, 10:07 PM
not cheap, but it's "the one":

http://images.lilypix.com/albums/userpics/10077/Receiver_005.JPG

wonder which cost more. The VX or the Bike,..... both very nice mate

TheGanzman
07/18/2010, 07:09 AM
wonder which cost more. The VX or the Bike,..... both very nice mate

Thanks! Wonder no more; with various changes to componentry over the 5 years I've owned it, I've got more $ in my bicycle than in my VX! Put more miles on it too - over 20K miles on the bike, and about 8K on the VX (in 15 months)...