PDA

View Full Version : VX Dash space

Amack76
10/12/2002, 11:46 PM
i just bought the kenwood kvt-911 fold out touchscreen dvdplayer/radio( spent $1800 ) and when the screen folds out it hits the upper brim of the dash. any sugestions????????

i have an idea, i take out the dash, have a fiberglass spacer made, send the dash to www.exoticwooddash.com and have them coat it with carbon fiber to match the door. cost is about 300 for everything, please advise.

fjp

Tone
10/13/2002, 12:34 PM
It doesn’t have a way to limit the tilt? My Pioneer unit has adjustments on the screen that I can set. I did experiment with spacing the nose of the unit out as much as possible without making it look strange so I could tilt the screen back some as needed.

dyanni
10/13/2002, 06:31 PM
I had that radio installed a few months back. Did not require a spacer. In the settings menu, you can 'fine tune' the extension an inch or so in either direction.
http://www.myvx.com/images/ken4.jpg

VX Monster
10/13/2002, 10:10 PM
Love the propeller.

Navigator
10/15/2002, 06:03 AM
The in dash video was one of the first mods I tried when I got my VX. I never could get the screen pointed where I wanted it, so I returned the unit. I settled for keeping a laptop handy to watch DVD's, play video games, store MP3's, update the GPS, etc... much more flexible IMO and easier to keep out of the eyes of thieves.

WormGod
10/15/2002, 07:22 AM
I felt the same way Nav. With car crimes involving theft being very high in this area, I just couldnt go that distance. Also, the more distraction up front will keep my eyes OFF the road on on the distraction. I thought about going with one of the ceiling mounted units so the rear passengers can see it (or when I go camping, I can just recline the rear seats and view away). I think the S/C will come first though. ;)

jagusmc
04/27/2005, 07:52 AM
I'm putting in the Pioneer N2 motorized touch screen, cd, dvd, mp3, ipod, nav system, digital system gauges with built in camera here shortly.