PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with this Turbo Kit ?

joshi
07/09/2010, 08:38 PM
Anyone have any experience with this kit? Click Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-Vehicross-T3T4-TurboCharger-Turbo-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518dd50080QQitemZ35027 1897728QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries):) Or with this one : Click Here :) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-Vehicross-T3T4-Turbo-Charger-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518a8f260bQQitemZ35021 6988171QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries)

Bob Barker
07/09/2010, 09:26 PM
I've looked at a lot of turbo kits for a lot of different applications, and NEVER seen one for that cheap... Hell it's almost impossible to find just the front mount intercooler and tubing for that price. I would assume since they did not name the manufacturer of the turbo it's probably cheaply built and will break quickly...

But I have problems trusting people. Especially when they are selling something that seems too good to be true.

and the first one must be a joke. An entire turbo kit for $399!!!

Ldub
07/09/2010, 10:45 PM
Dude...not tryin' to rain on your parade but...:_wrench: reality check.

You gots the mad fab skillz? I hope so, cause you're gonna need em'...:yesgray:

We are the parts supplier, not mechanic. We can try our best to help with generic questions, but it is best to consult a professional turbocharger installer with specific questions.
There are no installation instructions included. The install is simple and most customers install it themselves in a weekend. If you cannot figure it out or feel uncomfortable with the installation, please have a professional assist.
Most of these parts are direct bolt-ons. Some are not.
The piping needs to be fitted up. Because of the bends and couplers included, it should be simple. :rolleyesg

These are generic kits, with NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

You will need to figure out for youself pretty much EVERYTHING.

Including, but not limited to, such things as:

Oil supply to the turbo
All tube routing/plumbing
Intercooler placement/plumbing

Also, those are some pretty bold HP claims (read as B-S)

Whatever you decide...:luck:

RamAirZ
07/09/2010, 10:47 PM
It's all chinese knockoff stuff, SOME of those cheap turbo's actually work OK and the cheap intercoolers aren't too bad either (I know a few guys running high dollar turbo's with an ebay intercooler lol) but honestly it's just a bunch of parts that you would have to fab everything together yourself anyways, you'd need to run the piping to the turbo/intercooler/exhaust and if you mount it remotely you'll need an external oil pump. If you want to do it I'd just start piecing everything together yourself, your pretty much gonna have to do that anyways, you'll just have some of the parts (and not all of them, shoot most all of them are junk). If you wanted to be cheap you could find some junkyard turbo's off an 80's turbo thunderbird, run 2 of them with internal wastegates, run the exhaust piping up to them then run 300ZX TT intercoolers in the fender area. You could find all the "parts" cheap and just piece it together and it would work alright.

lfranz166
07/13/2010, 02:02 PM
im goin the junkyard route, over the 4th at a picnic one of my friends that builds drag honda civics(turbo, nitrous etc) disappeared for a while and we found him laying under my vx. All i know is he said hed never seen anything so cool on the road and did i want his spare t3 turbo (freebie) so suffice to say if i get my trooper for my winter beater and parts vehicle over the winter this IS gonna happen

samneil2000
07/14/2010, 07:16 AM
im goin the junkyard route, over the 4th at a picnic one of my friends that builds drag honda civics(turbo, nitrous etc) disappeared for a while and we found him laying under my vx. All i know is he said hed never seen anything so cool on the road and did i want his spare t3 turbo (freebie) so suffice to say if i get my trooper for my winter beater and parts vehicle over the winter this IS gonna happen

Pics along the way please (or it didn't happen) :smilewink