PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ton Trolley Jack- $19 at Walmart

deermagnet
07/09/2010, 12:56 PM
I've been wanting a floor jack for a while. I wasn't looking for one today, but this one caught my eye and I couldn't refuse a price rollback to $19. Only $17.10 with my discount.

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx2/jack.jpg

It's a Torin Black Jack 2 Ton with 5.3" to 13.1" lift range. It beats dragging the stock jack out. If you've been waiting to get one, check out your local Wally. Get a set of ramps, jack stands, and wheel chocks, and you'll be all set for those driveway maintenance projects. :yesy:

Mark

Gizmo42
07/09/2010, 10:21 PM
I gave away my 2 ton floor jack because they dont lift high enough. Especially for a lifted vehicle with larger tires. I bought a 3 ton jack with 21" lift height from walmart a while back. Didnt cost very much either.

Ldub
07/09/2010, 10:29 PM
I gave away my 2 ton floor jack because they dont lift high enough. Especially for a lifted vehicle with larger tires. I bought a 3 ton jack with 21" lift height from walmart a while back. Didnt cost very much either.

Giz...Buddy...you can increase the lifting distance with a 4x4 or 6x6 block...:smilewink

Gizmo42
07/10/2010, 10:25 PM
Do they also increase the lifting capacity by 2000 lbs? LOL I actually just wanted a different jack and the higher lifting capacity was a bonus. It does weigh more though which sucks when carrying it from the apt to the parking lot. Wish mine had a swively handle like that, would be very handy.

Ldub
07/11/2010, 01:02 AM
Do they also increase the lifting capacity by 2000 lbs? LOL I actually just wanted a different jack and the higher lifting capacity was a bonus.

Noy usually...unless you can find blocks made of upsidaisium...:yesgray:

rowhard
07/11/2010, 04:34 PM
upsidaisium...:yesgray:

You crack me up LDub

RickOKC
08/27/2010, 08:58 AM
Last night I was going to remove a wheel and rolled my hydraulic floor jack under the VX. Poor ol' thing just didn't have enough reach to lift it. I was about to break out the VX's jack, but got distracted by a long phone call and ran out of time.

Today I'm at work wondering - will the VX jack have enough reach now that I've put on the 32" tires? Is a 4x4 block something I should be carrying in my VX?

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 09:06 AM
Made outta upsidaisium & comes with a swively handle ... it don't get much better-n that!!!

Rick - check out the RV section @ Walmart. They usually sell some stackable plastic spacers for RV stabalizers. Those would be lighter than packing a 4x4 around.

RickOKC
08/27/2010, 11:03 AM
Thank you, sir. That seems like a better, well engineered solution! :)

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 11:30 AM
I looked online for the set that I bought but couldn't find anything close. I'll have to look at them when I get home to see if the mfr is stamped into the plastic.

RickOKC
08/27/2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks again! I didn't find much online either. I found reference to them, recommendations and a couple reviews, but not much that was actually listed for sale. Saw some that were 1/4" thick and others that were 2" thick which looked more interesting.

I have to pass by a Wal Mart & and a RV dealer on my way home, so I'll definitely see what I can find.

Riff Raff
08/27/2010, 11:49 AM
Saw this thread, and it peeked my curiousity. So I got on the internet and found the exact actual item in 2-seconds flat!!! Go to: www.CampingWorld.com

At the search window, type in: Jack Stabilizer

Enjoy.:bgwb:

RickOKC
08/27/2010, 11:52 AM
Jack Stabilizer?!?! OMG, I went to school with his sister!!!

Thanks, Riff! I'm the KING of never picking the right words when searching.:o

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 11:57 AM
Close but no ceee-gar.

The ones I got were a set of 10, about an inch thick & probably 5" square. The come in a nylon bag to keep them all together.

I usually have to use 2 stacks of 5 under the stabalizer jacks on the front of our RV. The back is easy - just put the stabalizers under the scraper bars (I'm a NOOB so I don't know what they are really called).

tom4bren
09/14/2010, 07:30 AM
I looked online for the set that I bought but couldn't find anything close. I'll have to look at them when I get home to see if the mfr is stamped into the plastic.

I was going to teach a class on procrastination last week but it was cancelled due to lack of motovation.

I finally got the info I promised. The jack stand spacers that I have are made by Lynx Levelers. There website is located here:

www.lynxlevelers.com

They don't sell online but indicate that their products are available through Walmart, JC Whitney & Cabella's (even list the Walmart stock number).

RickOKC
09/14/2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks, T4B! I couldn't find them on Wal-Mart's website, but I did see them in person at a store a while back. I meant to write back and ask if it was the product you mentioned, but I completely forgot. Sheesh, I even took a picture. :o

tom4bren
09/14/2010, 12:44 PM
Lynx's website indicated that they are available in a 4 pack. The only time I've seen it in Walmart was the 10 pack. I'm guessing that the 4 pack would suit your purposes better.

Have you checked the JC Whitney site yet?

RickOKC
09/14/2010, 09:19 PM
Lynx's website indicated that they are available in a 4 pack. The only time I've seen it in Walmart was the 10 pack. I'm guessing that the 4 pack would suit your purposes better.

Have you checked the JC Whitney site yet?
Yeah, my WalMart only had the 10-pack. I'd rather have the 4-pack because I agree - I'm sure that would be plenty (for half the price!) JC Whitney and the other source listed on Lynx only had the 10-packs, too. Googling "Lynx Levelers" (also recommended on Lynx) produced other sources with the 4-pack, but they were all a little over-the-top on shipping. I found all that a little disappointing so I probably won't buy them now. I had snagged a couple pieces of wood a while back and stuffed them under the front seats in case of emergency while I was looking at other solutions. Now I think I'll just stick with that (for freebies.) :)

tom4bren
09/15/2010, 06:10 AM
Rather than under the front seat, you should be able to fit them in the rear door around the spare.

Maybe one of our Austin, TX members can make a trip to Cabellas & see what they have. If I make it out there in October I'll plan on going there & see.