PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Judder / Crawling Speed Turns

crotchrocket
07/08/2010, 05:53 AM
Ever since my service i am getting a binding / juddering of the rear wheels at low speeds. I thought it was the mud tyres wearing down and the lugs on the tarmac but im worried they didnt put any LSD additive in the diff when the oil was changed.

If i brake to a stop, then accelerated off gently there is a judder on the back end, happens every time left or right .

Any ideas?

etlsport
07/08/2010, 06:27 AM
sounds like they did leave out the LSD additive. its pretty easy to come by i would get a quart of gear oil 75w-140 and a tube/bottle of the additive, drain a bit of the fluid in the diff and refill with the additive first then top off with the gear oil

also just check to make sure your lug nuts are tight and the tires are properly inflated

crotchrocket
07/09/2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks dude,

Anyone else think its this problem?

Ldub
07/09/2010, 05:01 AM
sounds like they did leave out the LSD additive. its pretty easy to come by i would get a quart of gear oil 75w-140 and a tube/bottle of the additive, drain a bit of the fluid in the diff and refill with the additive first then top off with the gear oil

also just check to make sure your lug nuts are tight and the tires are properly inflated

x2...:_wrench:

Even if it's not, it won't cost much to eliminate this as the cause, & the coincidental chronology with the service points that direction too.

Greasemonkey
07/11/2010, 10:48 AM
James i carry the LSD additive - genuine stuff too - let me know and i can get one sent down - it doesn't hurt and its a small squeezy bottle so its easy to inject
cheers
Steve
PS won't be home until Friday unless you get in touch tonite

alterastro
07/11/2010, 01:28 PM
whilst you're under there James, check the UJ's and the propshaft