PDA

View Full Version : Rage Roof Rack fits

djvx
07/05/2010, 08:12 PM
The Rage brand Black Widow Roof Rack fits perfectly to the Yakima factory bars. I installed it in about 1 hour.
Cost $99.00
extension-(not shown-nor will it fit without customizing) $39.00
Fairing-$29.00

Unit comes with the brackets included, which line the rack up perfectly and solidly anchor it.

http://www.discount-trailers.com/roof_racks.htm

RamAirZ
07/05/2010, 08:20 PM
looks good! I've been eyeing that rack for awhile, actually I really liked one of the other Rage racks but it's out of stock. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna mount it lol, I don't have the yakima bars. It looks like I might be able to make a universal "gutter" mount crossbar setup work. Could you measure how tall your rack mounts are?

VCrossfan
07/05/2010, 08:23 PM
Looks Nice :_beer::drool2::_beer:

djvx
07/05/2010, 08:53 PM
looks good! I've been eyeing that rack for awhile, actually I really liked one of the other Rage racks but it's out of stock. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna mount it lol, I don't have the yakima bars. It looks like I might be able to make a universal "gutter" mount crossbar setup work. Could you measure how tall your rack mounts are?

If you mean how high the factory Yak bars are from the roof they are like up 2 3/4'' to the underside of the factory bars and like 3 3/4'' to the top of the bars. The rack sits on a rubbery padded shoe that raises the rack itself a little more.

djvx
07/05/2010, 08:56 PM
:thumbup:

Thanks Vfan! :_beer:

Ldub
07/05/2010, 10:59 PM

X 2...:thumbup:.:thumbup:

You don't need no steenkin' crossbars...especially if height is a concern...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&op=newarticle&id=23

That Zeus boy is one fart smeller...errrr, smart feller...:yesgray:

RamAirZ
07/06/2010, 05:19 AM
Ya I had seen his write up, I was thinking of a different way in my head as well :) I wanted to test the rain gutter idea more so for other people that might want the crossbars in the future

Marlin
07/06/2010, 06:49 AM
I have the rage roof cargo basket. Its two over form the black widow on the site. It fits nice, and follows the shape of the VX, and to top it off, the cross bar cover has a big "X" on it. That is the part that I cut off of mine to hold a bigger tire:)

MSHardeman
07/06/2010, 07:44 AM
I know that others have used some Yakima mounts on the VX, but the one that comes to mind is VXorado: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16156/ppuser/3803/sl/v
I think those are just standard Yakima gutter mounts, but I don't know which model. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

RamAirZ
07/06/2010, 09:14 AM
Ya that's what I was looking at, something like those! I found a few that I think would "fit" but they are kinda tall (about 6" high)

djvx
07/06/2010, 07:50 PM
I have the rage roof cargo basket. Its two over form the black widow on the site. It fits nice, and follows the shape of the VX, and to top it off, the cross bar cover has a big "X" on it. That is the part that I cut off of mine to hold a bigger tire:)

I was wondering about the tire fitting- I liked the shape of yours better but I went with the slightly larger one.

etlsport
07/14/2010, 06:47 AM
Those mounts look a lot like the Yakima low riders but a bit taller.. They do work but they do touch the roof in the front. I haven't noticed any dents or anything from it but still makes me a bit nervous