PDA

View Full Version : T4B disappearing for a while

tom4bren
07/01/2010, 11:19 AM
I didn't wanna be like Handito or Coastie & just drop off the face of the earth. My vacation starts ... NOW!!!

Talk to Y'all in a cupla weeks.

Be safe

Be good

Scott Harness
07/01/2010, 11:22 AM
Have FUN!!! breathe and RELAX!!:yesb:

Riff Raff
07/01/2010, 11:33 AM
Have FUN!!! breathe and RELAX!!:yesb:

x2. And above all "BE SAFE"!!!:bgwb:

JAMAS
07/01/2010, 11:35 AM
Have a blast. Thanks again for tying up my lose ends before you left. Much appreciated.

Mile High VX
07/01/2010, 12:28 PM
Have a great time...I'll go when you come back.

vt_maverick
07/01/2010, 12:35 PM
If you make your way over to England, be sure to stop in at a pub on the 4th and remind the locals that we kicked their country's a**. :D

tom4bren
07/20/2010, 07:10 PM
I is baaaaaaack!!!

Had a great time ... didn't wanna come home but had to ... we ran outta money:)

I can tell I was gone too long ... I had to go to page 10 to find my last post.

vt_maverick
07/20/2010, 07:16 PM
I thought I noticed you online earlier... welcome back! Hope you've got some pics to post!

tom4bren
07/20/2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks,

I have over 2000 pix. Don't wanna clog up the site here so I'll get them posted to pbase this week and put a link here.

I'm not at home at the moment. I had to go to Austin till Thursday. I'm not sure how the upload will work with my connection at the hotel.

We visited England, Ireland, Wales & Scotland. The tour was absolutely fantastic.

Ldub
07/20/2010, 08:35 PM
Welcome home Bro...:yesgray:

Ain't been the same around here without you...:dan_ban:

don moore
07/20/2010, 09:31 PM
did you have fun?? tell us

ZEUS
07/21/2010, 10:37 AM
Welcome bcak welcome back welcome baaack....
Dub is right, wasn't the same without you!

deermagnet
07/21/2010, 10:42 AM
We visited England, Ireland, Wales & Scotland.

You mean you were in the area and didn't visit Great Britain? ;)

Did you get the remote key fob I sent you by mail? Any luck getting it working on your VX?

Mark

tom4bren
07/21/2010, 10:05 PM
You mean you were in the area and didn't visit Great Britain? ;)

Did you get the remote key fob I sent you by mail? Any luck getting it working on your VX?

Mark

Mark, I was hoping no one would catch that Great Britan thang. Whilst in GREAT BRITAN I learnt that 'England' is used to refer to England proper (where London is). Great Britan refers to all of the areas I visited (except southern Ireland of course). The United Kingdom refers to the above plus any remote lands, territories or provinces of England. I hope I got all that right. Since it's so confusing, I opted for naming the areas we visited:)

IRT all the other comments ... Thanks, it's great to be back. The trip was incredibly fast paced but we got to see so much that I wouldn't have changed a thing (except for maybe the opportunity to see the White Cliffs of Dover & the Giant's Causway - woulda loved to include those sites as well). I'll post more about the trip when I get the pix posted.

BTW Mark - Yup, I got the FOB. I haven't tried programming it yet. It arrived while we were in GREAT BRITAN & I was only home for 2 days before hoping on a plane again. Hope to try & program it this weekend. Thanks again for sending it.

Tom

etlsport
07/22/2010, 04:08 PM
good to have ya back!

Bob Barker
07/22/2010, 04:54 PM
nakie time???

sorry, I been drinkin'!!!

tom4bren
07/23/2010, 07:57 AM
nakie time???

Sorry, I must be gettin old ... I don't understand:)

vt_maverick
07/23/2010, 08:19 AM

I'm not that old and I don't get it either.

Ldub
07/23/2010, 08:27 AM

I'm not that old and I don't get it either.

:laughing:... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nakie+time ...:laughing:

I'm not sayin' I get it neither, but there it is...:_confused

tom4bren
07/27/2010, 05:09 AM
Posted a bunch of the trip pixes yesterday.

http://www.pbase.com/tom4bren/100703_trip_to_ireland

As you can see, I'm not a photographer ... but I took lots ... so there are some good ones.

Now comes the hard part - start labeling all the pix so I don't forget what's what.

Ldub
07/27/2010, 06:37 AM
Posted a bunch of the trip pixes yesterday.

http://www.pbase.com/tom4bren/100703_trip_to_ireland

As you can see, I'm not a photographer ... but I took lots ... so there are some good ones.

Now comes the hard part - start labeling all the pix so I don't forget what's what.

DANG...:eek:

That's a whole lotta pics Bro...:yesgray:

Looks like y'all had a great time.

Of all the out of focus stuff you took pitchers of, I like the Samurai armor the best...:smilewink

tom4bren
07/27/2010, 07:06 AM
Of all the out of focus stuff you took pitchers of, I like the Samurai armor the best...:smilewink

I know. I hate taking pix of stuff behind glass. I think it's time to trade in the old point-n-shoot for a D90 (just hafta convince wifey).

Ldub
07/27/2010, 07:48 AM
I know. I hate taking pix of stuff behind glass. I think it's time to trade in the old point-n-shoot for a D90 (just hafta convince wifey).

Tell her dub said it's a good idear...:yesgray::yesgray:

I just upgraded to a Sony DSLR (so I could make use of all my old Minolta SLR glass)...what a difference...:thumbup:

tom4bren
07/27/2010, 08:44 AM
Tell her dub said it's a good idear...:yesgray::yesgray:

I just got off the phone with Wifey - here's roughly how the conversation went:

Me: Honey, Ldub said that you should let me buy a D90.
Wifey: Who's Ldub?
Me: He's a buddy of mine in Fargo.
Wifey: You don't know anyone in Fargo.
Me: He's a VehiCross owner.
Wifey: 'CLICK'
Me: Hello .... hello ... hello

It looks like a D90 will only cost me about 3 Grand: $900 for the D90 & at least $2K for some really nice BLING for Wifey:)

Ldub
07/27/2010, 09:05 AM
Hmmmmm...:confused:

Guess I'll never figger out wimmen...:_confused

tom4bren
07/27/2010, 09:44 AM
Hmmmmm...:confused:

Guess I'll never figger out wimmen...:_confused

Nah, but Wifey's purdy so that makes up for a LOT!!!!

crotchrocket
07/27/2010, 01:35 PM
Whoa, thats alot of pictures :) , man you guys managed to fit alot into the trip. Looks like you had a great time! glad the weather was good for you. See its not always raining here :D

tom4bren
07/28/2010, 09:15 AM
We had a fantastic time. The only thing missing was meeting up with a VX owner.:)

We may be making a return trip in 2012 so don't plan on any cave wheeling then.