PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.

tom4bren
07/01/2010, 04:45 AM
I can not locate my copy of the installation instructions for Tone's hidden receiver hitch.

Can anyone provide me either an electronic copy or a paper copy?

Much appreciated.

Ldub
07/01/2010, 04:47 AM
I can not locate my copy of the installation instructions for Tone's hidden receiver hitch.

Can anyone provide me either an electronic copy or a paper copy?

Much appreciated.

I think the Boss has all content from Tone's site archived on his end, try pm'n him.

MSHardeman
07/01/2010, 07:30 AM
Tom, I THINK Tone put those instructions on the CD's that he sent out with all of his products. If you don't here from the boss man let me know and I'll look on the CD to see what I can find.

tom4bren
07/01/2010, 08:08 AM
I'll PM Da Boss. I had a paper copy & the CD but can find neither.

If anyone finds it before I do though, please post in the How2 section.

deermagnet
07/01/2010, 08:24 AM
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx2/hitchinstall.pdf (http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx2/hitchinstall.pdf)

Mark

mdwyer
07/01/2010, 08:38 AM
Did you try to search the forms for "hitch install instructions"? Because you would have found what you were looking for (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=183148#post183148).

Please, consider this next time you're about to rag on a newbie about not using the site search...

JAMAS
07/01/2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting that....the install instructions I mean.

tom4bren
07/01/2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks Mark. Mucho Appreciado.

mdwyer - yer right. I searched manually but I didn't use the search function. My bad:embarasse

Rekin that makes me a NOOB ... with experience???

Ldub
07/02/2010, 05:22 AM
Please, consider this next time you're about to rag on a newbie about not using the site search...

How else they gonna learn?..:_thinking

Like anyone is just sitting there & BAMMO...hey, I think I should use the search function...:eekgray:

That's how I learned...:yesgray: Never really dawned on me, till someone made mention of it...:thanx:

It didn't cause me any undue mental anguish, & somehow I was able to stay out of therapy.:disturbed

AFAIK, it's a normal part of learning the ins & outs of any endeavor. If someone tells you a better/easier way to do something, don't get all butt chapped about it, take the lesson & be glad someone was thoughty enough to help you find a better way.

mdwyer
07/02/2010, 09:07 AM
AFAIK, it's a normal part of learning the ins & outs of any endeavor. If someone tells you a better/easier way to do something, don't get all butt chapped about it, take the lesson & be glad someone was thoughty enough to help you find a better way.

Personally, I think it is a ... well, I'm not allowed to use any of the words I'd like to use, here... I think "Did you try search?" is rude. The site search is often terrible (through no fault of anyone, by the way) and isn't often helpful in finding what you want. It is pretty useful if you already know what you're looking for, but newbies don't yet know what they don't know.

But I think that's okay. If the site was supposed to store facts, it would be a wiki. It isn't. It is a forum. People talk in forums. People do, occasionally, get stabbed by their friends in forums, I admit, but that was a long time ago. :)

So, if I could make a suggestion, next time a newbie asks a question that we ALL know the answer to, even if it has been answered dozens of times before, how about we just answer it? Answer it with a link to the relavent message thread, sure. But at least start a conversation in a way that doesn't make us all look like ... ah, what's a word I can use?

RamAirZ
07/02/2010, 10:43 AM
^ A++ to that, I try to do that when someone asks a question, I'll mention the search function but will go ahead and answer it. It always ticked me off when I would search through hundreds of threads looking for something because the word I searched for popped up one time in it, and then I post a question and I get a bunch of "geez, use the search function" (not this forum in particular, but it happens on ALOT of forums, and sometimes the way it's worded seems very rude, gotta love the internet lol), some people have tried that and get tired of filtering through the useless stuff and decide just to ask hoping someone knows the answer and will share it. That and it HELPS future searchers, because now a thread with the answer will be on page 1 instead of page 50

Ldub
07/02/2010, 11:46 AM
Personally, I think it is a ... well, I'm not allowed to use any of the words I'd like to use, here... I think "Did you try search?" is rude. The site search is often terrible (through no fault of anyone, by the way) and isn't often helpful in finding what you want. It is pretty useful if you already know what you're looking for, but newbies don't yet know what they don't know.

But I think that's okay. If the site was supposed to store facts, it would be a wiki. It isn't. It is a forum. People talk in forums. People do, occasionally, get stabbed by their friends in forums, I admit, but that was a long time ago. :)

So, if I could make a suggestion, next time a newbie asks a question that we ALL know the answer to, even if it has been answered dozens of times before, how about we just answer it? Answer it with a link to the relavent message thread, sure. But at least start a conversation in a way that doesn't make us all look like ... ah, what's a word I can use?

^ A++ to that, I try to do that when someone asks a question, I'll mention the search function but will go ahead and answer it. It always ticked me off when I would search through hundreds of threads looking for something because the word I searched for popped up one time in it, and then I post a question and I get a bunch of "geez, use the search function" (not this forum in particular, but it happens on ALOT of forums, and sometimes the way it's worded seems very rude, gotta love the internet lol), some people have tried that and get tired of filtering through the useless stuff and decide just to ask hoping someone knows the answer and will share it. That and it HELPS future searchers, because now a thread with the answer will be on page 1 instead of page 50

I'll say that I can see your side of the coin, on the other hand...:rolleyesg

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=41715 ...:laughing:

There ARE those who would rather YOU do it.

RamAirZ
07/02/2010, 12:50 PM
lol sometimes questions are really stupid, like hey where can I find oil for my car? That's one of those "duuhhhhh" moments but sometimes questions are a little more deserving of an answer, but you see Gizmo made it simple :)