PDA

View Full Version : Best Offroad Lights Ever?

LittleBeast
06/30/2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.rigidindustries.com/category_s/64.htm

They beat the LED bar with a 2x4 a golf club, drag it behind a car, shoot it with a gun, and stil 66% of the LED's work perfectly. And it is water proof :)

http://www.rigidindustries.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=22

Might be my next lighting upgrade!

Triathlete
06/30/2010, 06:12 PM
Those have been out for a while now. They are nice but are BIG $$$$$$$$. You could buy an armada of HIDs for the price of a pair of those. But they are nice...very nice.
They run those a lot on the King of the Hammers rigs.

Riff Raff
06/30/2010, 06:30 PM
Hmmm, very interesting lights for sure. The major problem I anticipate is their two(2) point mounting system/bracket, as opposed to a traditional single one(1) point bolt-stem mount. The two(2) point mount system will negate being mounted on front brush-guard "light tabs" as found on nearly all aftermarket front brush-guard/bull-bar type bumpers.

The newest auxilary lights I'm most impressed with are the new "wireless" lights by WARN Industries (yes, the same people who manufacture the WARN winch). The "wireless" lights by WARN don't require running any wires through the firewall, and instead use a transmitter placed within the vehicle's interior. Very slick!!!

Triathlete
06/30/2010, 07:25 PM
But they won't put out the light the LED's do or the dependability. I think the warn "wireless" system could be retrofitted to any system.

pbkid
06/30/2010, 09:44 PM
these guys make some amazing lights... and yes, they are worth the money. ive watched the baja 500 and 1000 a few times and most of the top trophy rigs run em...
sol tek light systems- sorry my internet is running slow... but i think they're at www.bajadesigns.com

LiquidVX
06/30/2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah those are nice. If I had the money I would be all over it.

castigan
06/30/2010, 11:04 PM
yeah thats just plain super expensive.

crotchrocket
07/01/2010, 03:11 AM
WOW those are sweeeeeet!

JHarris1385
07/01/2010, 08:31 AM
They are on the rally fighter.

LittleBeast
07/01/2010, 02:06 PM
Hmmm, very interesting lights for sure. The major problem I anticipate is their two(2) point mounting system/bracket, as opposed to a traditional single one(1) point bolt-stem mount. The two(2) point mount system will negate being mounted on front brush-guard "light tabs" as found on nearly all aftermarket front brush-guard/bull-bar type bumpers.

The newest auxilary lights I'm most impressed with are the new "wireless" lights by WARN Industries (yes, the same people who manufacture the WARN winch). The "wireless" lights by WARN don't require running any wires through the firewall, and instead use a transmitter placed within the vehicle's interior. Very slick!!!

They do offer a U-joint attachment which simplifies installation to a single mounting point if you are lazy, but finding a place for and drilling 2 holes is not what I call a major problem by any means. And if you have enough money to buy these I am pretty sure you could figure something out.

These are far better than bulbs, as stated on their website: the #1 reason offroad racers love them is because there is no fatigue to their eyes because of vibration, also these have been proven by offroad racers to decrease their opperating tempertaures by up to 10 degrees, increase fuel economy, and completely eliminates bright and dark spots created by beams (bulbs)

RallyDude
07/04/2010, 09:38 PM
On the right application, the bars would look great, however they need to come out with some different form factors. They are pretty damn boxy, but they perform so well I probably would consider them.

Ldub
07/04/2010, 10:05 PM
They do offer a U-joint attachment which simplifies installation )

Yeh, but don't the wires get wrapped around the driveshaft?...:confused:

Aaaaaa Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...:laughing: