PDA

View Full Version : RCA Pre-Outs

DeafVX
08/26/2003, 05:56 PM
Also the dealership told me that the factory stereo has an RCA pre-out to hook up an amp. Is this true or do I have to either rig it or buy a new head unit to hook up my sub?
Thanks for the help.

Greg

Hotsauce
08/26/2003, 06:17 PM
There are no preouts on the factory radio. Some amps do have line level inputs, or you may need a line driver to convert line level signal to RCA.

Best thing would be to replace the POS stock HU.

John C.

Tone
08/26/2003, 07:19 PM
Shak and other electronics make a speaker to line out converter for around $20 - not as good as true line out but works well for subwoofer use.

DeafVX
08/26/2003, 07:52 PM
The sony amp says it accepts either RCA or speaker inputs...do I splice into the rears or what speaker outputs from the factory radio do I wire to the amp speaker inputs?
Thanks

Hotsauce
08/26/2003, 08:47 PM
Yes, wire the rear speaker wires to the line inputs. You will need to wire the remote turn on lead to some sort of ignition switched power source.

John C.

Spike
08/26/2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tone
Shak and other electronics make a speaker to line out converter for around $20 - not as good as true line out but works well for subwoofer use.

Couldnt find one on Radio Shack site.
Found this link on an SUV site though:

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

AnalogVX
08/26/2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Tone

WOW! Shak Electronics. They're still around? That the same Shak that sold DLK PowerDome 6X9 speakers? Old school at it's best!