PDA

View Full Version : Nothing short of Amazing.

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 04:02 PM
So I've been driving the Trooper around daily for the past 6 months or so. Last week I parked the Trooper for some work that needs to be done.

Which means, I've been driving the VX to work for the past few days.

First of all, it doesn't take long to forget just home awesome the VehiCROSS is to drive. But more than that, it immediately starts happening again and so much so, that you notice it all the time. You all know what I am talking about:

The stares. The comments. The pointing fingers. Everywhere. Incredible.

:D Bart

Marlin
06/21/2010, 04:15 PM
Me too, but I always thought it was cause I was naked.:D

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 04:30 PM

That's disturbing. :laughing:

Bart

VX KAT
06/21/2010, 05:02 PM
While in Seligman, AZ yesterday, after meeting circmand, driving thru the little town slowly, some guy jumped off a curb waving at us and snapped a few pictures....:thumbup:
This never happens to me since I live in such a small town, it was cool! You all talk about it so much, but I rarely get to experience it! :thumbup:

ZEUS
06/21/2010, 05:12 PM
So I've been driving the Trooper around daily for the past 6 months or so. Last week I parked the Trooper for some work that needs to be done.

Which means, I've been driving the VX to work for the past few days.

First of all, it doesn't take long to forget just home awesome the VehiCROSS is to drive. But more than that, it immediately starts happening again and so much so, that you notice it all the time. You all know what I am talking about:

The stares. The comments. The pointing fingers. Everywhere. Incredible.

:D BartI gotta say, I don't miss it one little bit... the stares, and finger pointing, and comments I mean. I miss the VX but I was pretty tired of people preventing me from changing lanes cuz they were so curious I'd have to slam on the brakes to get behind them. (You must know what I mean.) I don't miss the signals that say "Hey, roll down your window." either. I miss the Recaro leather more than anything but when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. :bgwo: I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week! :p

Marlin
06/21/2010, 06:42 PM
That's disturbing. :laughing:

Bart

Weird, thats what she said?:confused:

Marlin
06/21/2010, 06:44 PM
r I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. :bgwo: I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week! :p

Dude, I dig the Blazer, you should take the Jeep and do this...(here is some cucumber for your salad:) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbAPwafmAE

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 07:46 PM
I gotta say, I don't miss it one little bit... the stares, and finger pointing, and comments I mean. I miss the VX but I was pretty tired of people preventing me from changing lanes cuz they were so curious I'd have to slam on the brakes to get behind them. (You must know what I mean.) I don't miss the signals that say "Hey, roll down your window." either. I miss the Recaro leather more than anything but when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. :bgwo: I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week! :p

Just keep tellin' yerself whatever it is you hafta tell yerself to make the sale of your VX ok in your mind. :laughing:

Bart

Triathlete
06/21/2010, 08:28 PM
when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box.:p

You are confusing that look for the look of "what kind of loser would drive that piece of..." J/K!!!!!!:bwgy::laughy::laughy::laughy::laughy:

VX KAT
06/21/2010, 11:44 PM

Dude, you seriously need to get one of these...to warn people...:bgwb: ....:laugho:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-rodeo-amigo-vehiCROSS-impulse-DECAL-truck-diesel-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b195b1dcQQitemZ14041 8331100QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_770wt_956

Ldub
06/22/2010, 12:25 AM
Dude, you seriously need to get one of these...to warn people...:bgwb: ....:laugho:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-rodeo-amigo-vehiCROSS-impulse-DECAL-truck-diesel-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b195b1dcQQitemZ14041 8331100QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_770wt_956

Sue got one of those for me...:yesgray:

It works really well too, now when people see me coming they gouge their own eyes out with pointed sticks.

Y33TREKker
06/22/2010, 07:16 AM
Happened to me again this weekend. I was paying for my gas when I noticed a vehicle literally circling the VX out at the pump. On the second go-around, the vehicle stopped and the passenger got out and started walking towards the building. He simply stepped inside, stopped, and in a loud voice said, "OK, who is the owner of the Vehicross?" (I was impressed that he knew what it was since the debadging is now complete except for the 4 Wheel Drive emblem on the back hatch).

Anyway, I said "that would be me", and he replied, "well, my girlfriend is out there drooling over it and wants to talk with you about it if you have a minute."

I even caught up with a member of the LPGA and her husband/caddy in Springfield again weekend before last, and they remembered seeing it and commenting about it last year. Still standing the test of time. ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15858&highlight=lpga

RamAirZ
06/22/2010, 07:41 AM
lol ya that has happened to me alot lately too. Had a guy in a Cherokee roll up and ask about it at the gas station, had some ladies ask what year it was at a traffic light, and of course the people speeding up and running next to you staring at it up and down trying to figure it out lol. I love it!

ZEUS
06/22/2010, 09:12 AM
Dude, I dig the Blazer, you should take the Jeep and do this...(here is some cucumber for your salad:) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbAPwafmAE That's too funny! Never seen a Metro on Potato Salad before. But I have already taken the Jeep thru that and didn't lose anything!

Just keep tellin' yerself whatever it is you hafta tell yerself to make the sale of your VX ok in your mind. :laughing:

BartDude I was thinking the same thing as I was typing all that LOL!

You are confusing that look for the look of "what kind of loser would drive that piece of..." J/K!!!!!!:bwgy::laughy::laughy::laughy::laughy:OFF TOPIC!

Actually you may be more right than you think - I am driving that thing into the ground to force me to swap things out. So far I have found the central fuel injector to be leaking and ruining the fuel pressure regulator inside the intake manifold. The in-tank fuel pump probly needs to be replaced (or UPgraded). The puff of blue smoke on start up seems to have plugged the cat finally, there is an exhaust leak, vacuum leak, and it smells like fireworks sometimes, plus it sounds like crap and shutters at idle. So yeah, you could very well be right! :)

ON TOPIC!

LiquidVX
06/22/2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah I forgot about how much attention it receives. It's a lot.

VX KAT
06/22/2010, 10:27 AM
Sue got one of those for me...:yesgray:

It works really well too, now when people see me coming they gouge their own eyes out with pointed sticks.
Oh good, sounds like that saves you the hassle of having to do it....Glad I could help!

Triathlete
06/22/2010, 01:15 PM
Anyway, I said "that would be me", and he replied, "well, my girlfriend is out there drooling over it and wants to talk with you about it if you have a minute."

Was she HOT?:flame::naughty:

Y33TREKker
06/22/2010, 04:39 PM
Was she HOT?:flame::naughty:

We were all hot. It was like 100 in Springfield that weekend. :p

tjh
06/22/2010, 05:21 PM
Friday some guy in a semi signaled for me to roll down the window . After I told him what it was he called it a Mean Little Wagon . This still amuses me.

djvx
06/22/2010, 08:50 PM
I had an extremely bad day at work today, 11 hours of hell and I was fuming! Five minutes into my drive home I realized I was smiling...A second later I realized I was smiling because I was driving my VX!

Triathlete
06/22/2010, 09:00 PM
We were all hot. It was like 100 in Springfield that weekend. :p

Thats cool day around here!:bwgy:

etlsport
06/23/2010, 01:08 PM
i love hearing VX stories. every day I drive I get more and more and cant imagine driving anything else! just drove my boss to a meeting today, whipped the VX around an on ramp at 65, she said "damn, i can barely take this turn turn at 55" and shes got a "sports car" (saturn SC2)

I found out the other day that the managers across our district refer to me as "the kid with the crazy truck"

Y33TREKker
06/23/2010, 01:34 PM
Thats cool day around here!:bwgy:

Yeah, but that's a dry heat. :p

nfpgasmask
06/23/2010, 01:50 PM
I can't wait until I get my paint fixed up, install the new hood insert and the new headlights and get her all spiffy again. It will be the new 2012 VX!

:) Bart

PS - And speaking of 2012, it is my goal to go back to Moab in 2012. And I think we all need to make the 2012 Moab meet the

BIGGEST VX
GATHERING IN
THE HISTORY OF
VX GATHERINGS!

After all, the end of the world will be in December of 2012 so we NEED to make it happen. 100 VXes in Moab or bust! That said, I'm starting a new meet up thread RIGHT NOW.

Ldub
06/23/2010, 02:07 PM
BIGGEST VX
GATHERING IN
THE HISTORY OF
VX GATHERINGS!

Oh HELL yeah!...:thumbup:.:dance:.:dan_ban:.:_beer:.:heart :. :_beer:.:dan_ban:.:dance:.:thumbup:

Triathlete
06/23/2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah, but that's a dry heat. :p

Its still freak'n hot!:bwgy:

VX KAT
06/23/2010, 04:53 PM
PS - And speaking of 2012, it is my goal to go back to Moab in 2012. And I think we all need to make the 2012 Moab meet the

BIGGEST VX
GATHERING IN
THE HISTORY OF
VX GATHERINGS!

After all, the end of the world will be in December of 2012 so we NEED to make it happen. 100 VXes in Moab or bust! That said, I'm starting a new meet up thread RIGHT NOW.

Oh HELL yeah!...:_beer:.:dan_ban:..:thumbup:

Oh Yeah! I'm ALL IN!! 2012 Let's DO IT!!!

Little of this.....:bla:

Lots of this.... :_group2:

Little of this... :_steering

Little of this, er um, a lot of this...:_beer:

Hopefully not too much of this...:_wrench: :smack: or this....;puke2;

Little more of this..:_steering

Maybe some of this...:driver:

Some more of this...:_beer: :yeso:

None of this.....:argue:

Some of this....:slap:

Oh my, maybe even this....:dan_ban: :naughty:

And lots and lots of this......:laugho:

And hopefully, some of this....:snooz:

Scott Harness
06/23/2010, 06:05 PM
I'm ready!!

djvx
06/23/2010, 10:48 PM
Oh Yeah! I'm ALL IN!! 2012 Let's DO IT!!!

Little of this.....:bla:

Lots of this.... :_group2:

Little of this... :_steering

Little of this, er um, a lot of this...:_beer:

Hopefully not too much of this...:_wrench: :smack: or this....;puke2;

Little more of this..:_steering

Maybe some of this...:driver:

Some more of this...:_beer: :yeso:

None of this.....:argue:

Some of this....:slap:

Oh my, maybe even this....:dan_ban: :naughty:

And lots and lots of this......:laugho:

And hopefully, some of this....:snooz:

Best posting I ever read Kat:happyface

VX KAT
06/23/2010, 11:12 PM
:thanx: I had fun with it!

vt_maverick
06/24/2010, 10:14 AM
If December 2012 really is the end, maybe we should consider going to Moab then instead of April - something tells me being out in the desert would be safe. :)

Ldub
06/24/2010, 10:32 AM
something tells me being out in the desert would be safe. :)

Or at least FUN!...:smilewink

deermagnet
06/24/2010, 10:34 AM
More people would show up if ya had some of this... http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mags/mags2/adult.gif

Mark

VX KAT
06/24/2010, 10:38 AM
More people would show up if ya had some of this... http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mags/mags2/adult.gif

Mark
Other than Gill & CeCe, I guess we'd have to call that "friends with benefits", eh? :laugho:

Scott Harness
06/24/2010, 11:46 AM
Other than Gill & CeCe, I guess we'd have to call that "friends with benefits", eh? :laugho:

LOL need more women.

zukicon
06/24/2010, 11:54 AM
Now i have to go after that post kat !