PDA

View Full Version : Sports Riots - Seriously?

ZEUS
06/18/2010, 03:26 PM
What in the wide world of sports is wrong with people? So the Lakers won a title, who freakin cares!? :mado: Where is the logic in throwing bottles, vandalizing cars, beating up people, and whatever other RETARDED sheyet you can do after a sports team you have NOTHING to do with wins...? These idiots would have most likely rioted further had 'their team' lost!

"YAY, we won! Let's go break stuff, assault people, get arrested, and make things harder for ourselves! We deserve it because we screamed so loud from our seats while someone else got paid millions to dribble a ball! YAY!" :rollo:

The next time I make poopy, I'm going to riot because, damn it, I deserve it! :bgwo:

circmand
06/18/2010, 04:25 PM
You really cant be that surprised are you? They have to be the most messed up state there is. Think about it Florida has no income tax and can make due with sales tax and tourism dollars. California has way more stuff to attract people and yet the California government needs higher sales and income taxes and still is the most bankrupt state in the nation. They are the true nanny state. If something is wrong the government should fix it. If the government fix messes it up further add more government. I used to live there. They had 10 different coastal developement government boards. You wanted to do anything within 10 miles of the ocean or water heading to the ocean you needed all 10 approvals. But they had no rules you start at 1 and do whatthey tell you go to 2 etc by the time you got to 10 you spent way more than it should cost and by this time what the later ones had you do violated what the 1st one controlled and they took back approval and you had to start all over on your own dime of course.

vt_maverick
06/18/2010, 05:49 PM
Not just Cali... University of Maryland students nearly burned College Park down when they won their basketball national title, and they often riot after the Duke game whether they win or lose. And perhaps more famously, West Virginia University students set fire to couches on their front porches after a big win or loss. When they beat VT back in 2003, the police responded to something like 96 individual fires.

RickOKC
06/18/2010, 08:29 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with any particular state or the gubmnet or the outcome of the game or even sports in general. These are people that are simply nothing more than SCUM at heart looking for any weak excuse to act like animals. I hope they all get full-body hemorrhoids.

VX KAT
06/18/2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's not just sports, it's just people with a weird herd/"group think" mentality.
Lived in Long Beach during the LA riots of 1991 (?) when the cops that arrested Rodney King were acquited..folks burned down their OWN neighborhood :_wtf:...there was no diapers or formula available for MILES and they were asking for help :_wtf:...let alone beat the tar out of and nearly killed that innocent truck driver.....Bizarre, I'll never understand it.... 'nuff said....

Mile High VX
06/18/2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's not just sports, it's just people with a weird herd/"group think" mentality.

Is it time for MOAB again...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

VX KAT
06/18/2010, 10:04 PM
Is it time for MOAB again...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

oops, too funny Mile High...guess I shudda qualified that...and the "herd" does bad things to others.....we just do bad things to our VXs ...so we're a good herd mentality :laugho:

Ldub
06/19/2010, 01:48 AM
oops, too funny Mile High...guess I shudda qualified that...and the "herd" does bad things to others.....we just do bad things to our VXs ...so we're a good herd mentality :laugho:

I think we VX'rs/ eBay'rs have more of a "hive" mentality, & Sue is our Queen...:smilewink

VX KAT
06/19/2010, 08:07 AM
Sue is our Queen...:smilewink
:laugho::laugho:
:mbrasd::mbrasd::mbrasd:

Scott Harness
06/19/2010, 09:36 AM
These are people that are simply nothing more than SCUM at heart looking for any weak excuse to act like animals.
I wish "people" would act more like animals!!! The world would be a better place.:yesb:

mdwyer
06/21/2010, 08:17 AM
Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"

ZEUS
06/21/2010, 10:24 AM
Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"LOL That's awesome! VERY VERY valid point! :)

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 11:00 AM
When the Bulls won several years back, there was 'celebration' in the streets of Chicago.

I don't understand it either. Your team wins/looses and its and excuse to be unruley and act like an animal? This just makes me hate sports more than I already do.

Sorry sports fans. I just think watching sports is a brainless social habit that people feel like they 'have to do' to be a normal member of society. I say, who cares?

No thanks. Be yourself.

Bart

circmand
06/21/2010, 11:05 AM
Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity. We alll participate in activities that others may not understand or appreciate. What makes us civilized is accepting other peoples pursuits as their right instead of casting aspersions. Just because you may not understand does not mean it is brainless. Of course the wholesale rioting and looting is insane. Although I will admit the posts here have caused me to see my error in blaming Californians. As shown here it can be any large liberal metro area.

Bazinga

vt_maverick
06/21/2010, 11:13 AM
Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity.

I say why not both? :D :p

circmand
06/21/2010, 11:24 AM
Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"

Thousands of people watching sports = violence
thousands of people watching video games = no violence

It is not the amount of people so what is the difference? Women! You have women going to B-ball games but not to nerd conventions. Now since there is violence and women attended events and not at all somewhat male events the reason for the violence must be women!!!!!!!!!!

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 01:15 PM
Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity.

While we do get into some pretty pointless conversations on here (case in point, :laughing: ), I personally think car websites are a little more 'constructive', if you will, than painting half your body one color, and half your body another color, and sitting for hours in a stadium in the middle of winter with your shirt off and a silly hat on, while at the same time screaming, acting a fool, and pounding plastic cup after plastic cup of cheap American beer into your gut...but I digress.... :)

For me personally, my hatred of sports goes back to when I was a kid. I was forced (more or less) to play 3 years of little league baseball and 2 years of football. I hated every minute of it. I hated practice, I hated the coaches, I hated the games, I hated the uniforms, and most of all I hated my team mates. To me, it was school. Something I really didn't want to do but had to.

And what still gets me, is that I am perceived as 'strange' and sometimes accused of being 'gay' because I don't watch or care about sports. :rolleyes:

:_beer:

Bart

circmand
06/21/2010, 01:21 PM
While we do get into some pretty pointless conversations on here (case in point, :laighing: ), I personally think car websites are a little more 'constructive', if you will, than painting half your body one color, and half your body another color, and sitting for hours in a stadium in the middle of winter with your shirt off and a silly hat on, while at the same time screaming, acting a fool, and pounding plastic cup after plastic cup of cheap American beer into your gut...but I digress.... :)Bart

No activity that includes drinking beer is ever totally pointless. Try painting a hot chicks body instead and you may start to see the point.

Bart[/QUOTE]

For me personally, my hatred of sports goes back to when I was a kid. I was forced (more or less) to play 3 years of little league baseball and 2 years of football. I hated every minute of it. I hated practice, I hated the coaches, I hated the games, I hated the uniforms, and most of all I hated my team mates. To me, it was school. Something I really didn't want to do but had to. Bart[/QUOTE]

Maybe this was for your mother to have a few hours of peace and quite when you were home 24/7 in the summer driving her bats.

Bart[/QUOTE]

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 01:57 PM
No activity that includes drinking beer is ever totally pointless.
I agree to a point. I have graduated to beer snobbery, so unless they have some tasty microbrews or decent imports on tap, I would consider it pointless. Bud, Miller, Coors, and their ilk are all crap and not worth the brain or fat cells. I'm not in high school any more!! :laughing:

Try painting a hot chicks body instead and you may start to see the point.

While that does sound appealing, I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue. :p :evil:

Maybe this was for your mother to have a few hours of peace and quite when you were home 24/7 in the summer driving her bats.

Perhaps, but I think it was moreso some old-fasioned pipe dream my father had about having a 'star' athelete for a son. Sorry, pops.

Bart

ZEUS
06/21/2010, 04:42 PM
I agree to a point. I have graduated to beer snobbery, so unless they have some tasty microbrews or decent imports on tap, I would consider it pointless. Bud, Miller, Coors, and their ilk are all crap and not worth the brain or fat cells. I'm not in high school any more!! :laughing: BartBe thankful you are not in Utah (oh yeah, you already are). The beer available here should send us boozin buffoons into riot! I have started drinkin Miller High Life in a 32 oz can because it is cheap and easy to get... oh and it is cold. To get a microbrew here (of full-strength) you have to either get it warm in the State Liquor Store or spend the same full price to get the cold 3.2% version at the grocery store. LAME - then again, we don't have riots here. ;)

While that does sound appealing, I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue. :p :evil:BUWAHAHAHA! ...And The Lord of the Tongue Rings was born! :laughing:

nfpgasmask
06/21/2010, 04:53 PM
BUWAHAHAHA! ...And The Lord of the Tongue Rings was born! :laughing:

She always asks, "why do you like to do that so much?" :_shrug:

:drool2: Bart

ZEUS
06/21/2010, 05:15 PM
Do what? <teehee>

vt_maverick
06/21/2010, 06:03 PM
WOW. :eek:

Ldub
06/21/2010, 10:53 PM
And what still gets me, is that I am perceived as 'strange' and sometimes accused of being 'gay' because I don't watch or care about sports. :rolleyes:

:_beer:

Bart

I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue. :p :evil:

Bart

She always asks, "why do you like to do that so much?" :_shrug:

:drool2: Bart

I think it's fairly obvious, at least to me, that you ARE gay...:yesgray:

("not that there's anything wrong with that")

I have the same problem...I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body...:laughing:

You & I are on the same page 1OO% regarding team sports, & pretty much sports in general.

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/F8/B14A8065499670F2145BC4163F114.jpg

nfpgasmask
06/22/2010, 08:42 AM
I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body...:laughing:

:D That's a good one...I'm gonna use that. :laughing:

Bart