PDA

View Full Version : Cladding bolt caps?

Panther_Black_VX
08/26/2003, 07:42 AM
Ok, I am changing the color scheme of my VX. I am going away from the red accents and thinking of moving towards something else.

But I painted my cladding bolts RED... I don't want to change them back to black (might come back to this scheme) but I have seen people cover those bolts with some sort of black cap. I am pretty sure George (NYC #1 Ironman) has 'em. Right George?

Anybody know where can I get those caps? And about how much should expect to spend?

Dalu!!

nyc #1 ironman
08/26/2003, 09:57 AM
Yes, I have them in steel, which I painted black, originally painted them white to match the truck but I didn't receive many compliments as far as looks went so I went ahead and painted them black and they look great covering up those screws on the cladding. I did originally get the idea from clubvmag (the motherland) ha-ha,,, I believe they are called 5mm stainless steel like valve covers or something but do a search to make sure. My boy Ray with the yellow VX who I brought to the meet got some plastic ones in national wholesale liquidators , he got like 8 in a pack for like $1.59 which is good cause I paid around a buck fifty each... good luck,, I have a few extras around if you want to take it to show some speedshops what you need,,,

Panther_Black_VX
08/26/2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks George! Where did you buy yours?

nyc #1 ironman
08/26/2003, 12:16 PM
I had to search a few places because they didn't have enough at each place I went to, like 5 here 10 there,, but the plastic ones which are just as good can be purchased at national wholesale liquidators if you have one near you, but the ones I have (steel) you can go to any local speedshop and ask around, like pep boys autozone etc...they are called expansion caps I believe chet..