PDA

View Full Version : It's not too early - Moab ZuZu 2011

tomdietrying
06/08/2010, 07:45 PM
A wise man suggested I bring this topic back to the surface.

O.K. Here it goes.

Here's a thought and a question. We have always been dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it, they told us when it was. It was always the next week after Mother's Day. That ment the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

I don't know about you, but in order for me to make it to the VX Run, that ment I had to leave a day before Mother's Day. I've been doing that for the last 6 years. Needless to say, I haven't celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom or my wife for six years.

Since we are no longer dictated by Izusu, why not move it back a week after Mother's Day? This will solve two major problems. First, it will get my wife off my back. Second, I will no longer be on my Mom's hit list. Seriously, I can't be the only person who has this problem.

Mother's Day will be on May 8th in 2011. Normally, ZuZu would be on the week following Mother's Day. That would be on May 10 - 14th. I'm proposing we do ZuZu on May 17 - 21st in 2011.

Anyone else want to change the date to the following week? That means the VX Run would be on May 17th 2011. What do ya say? Can we do this?

Peace.
Tom

Mile High VX
06/08/2010, 07:59 PM
I'm in...makes sense to me and I know that my wife would not be happy with me being gone.

Triathlete
06/08/2010, 08:00 PM
Just so you know Tom, "Isuzu" has never had anything to do with ZuZoo. It was just a group of Zu enthusiests from the 4xWire that got together and organized it.

Again unless you are proposing this being a VX thing, there are people on at least two other forums that would need to chime in. I know a few of them have to schedule their vacation way in advance so you would want to work this out quickly.

Riff Raff
06/08/2010, 08:39 PM
Hmmm, here's a better idea for 'ya-- since the VX is capable of holding four(4) persons, you could drive the VX (passenger #1) and transport your wife (passenger #2), your own mother (passenger #3), and your mother-in-law (passenger #4) all to MOAB 2011 in the VX on the regular scheduled dates. Take them all up "Hells Revenge" for a picnic at the summit.:yeso:

In this way; the pre-scheduled dates for MOAB 2011 won't be changed to conflict with other competing groups, and you can have a 3-way Mother's Day celebration all at the same time. Brilliant!!!:bgwb:

RamAirZ
06/08/2010, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, here's a better idea for 'ya-- since the VX is capable of holding four(4) persons, you could drive the VX (passenger #1) and transport your wife (passenger #2), your own mother (passenger #3), and your mother-in-law (passenger #4) all to MOAB 2011 in the VX on the regular scheduled dates. Take them all up "Hells Revenge" for a picnic at the summit.:yeso:

In this way; the pre-scheduled dates for MOAB 2011 won't be changed to conflict with other competing groups, and you can have a 3-way Mother's Day celebration all at the same time. Brilliant!!!:bgwb:

LOL now if only that would work in the real world, hahahaha. My wife actualy said I could drive out there for this by myself and she'd stay home with the kids haha. Probably wouldn't be too happy to know I'd be gone for Mother's Day though lol.

BigSwede
06/09/2010, 07:08 AM
I'm proposing we do ZuZu on May 17 - 21st in 2011.
'ZuZoo has always been the 3rd weekend in May (and week leading up to it)...so this wouldn't change anything.

phines
06/09/2010, 08:22 AM
Let's just all quit our jobs and move to Moab.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZER (http://weedvaporizer.info/)

Ldub
06/09/2010, 08:48 AM

BRILLIANT !!!!
:dance:...:dan_ban:...:_beer:...:yes:...:_beer:... :dan_ban:...:dance:

Triathlete
06/09/2010, 09:29 AM
What? You guys have jobs?:rotate:

don moore
06/09/2010, 09:31 AM
What? You guys have jobs?:rotate:

ouch..that hurts.

Kenny
06/09/2010, 10:29 AM
Mother's Day is early this year!
So your Dates work for you and for the old Zuzoo crowd.
Problem solved!
Awesome, the universe likes you Tom.

nocturnalVX
06/09/2010, 11:39 PM
OK... Cece & I missed out this year because of her school schedule. :cryb:
I would suggest making the get-together from May 21st to the 28th next year to make sure people that still go to school (or teach) will be done and have time to make it out to Moab. I know that some of the ISUZU crowd still shows up in Moab, but usually around the time we are heading out. Pushing the dates back a bit might work best for a lot of folks! :yesy: We missed everyone, and don't want to make it a habit!

nocturnalVX
06/09/2010, 11:42 PM

Don't think we haven't thought about it!!! :_beer:

tom4bren
06/10/2010, 07:01 AM
I would suggest making the get-together from May 21st to the 28th next year to make sure people that still go to school (or teach) will be done and have time to make it out to Moab.

... BUT ...

Wifey works at a finance company & end of month sux for them. Unless it's sometime during the 2-3 week, I'll have trouble with my 'once in a lifetime' trip.

I don't wanna drive the schedule though, I'll work something out.

BigSwede
06/10/2010, 07:22 AM
OK... Cece & I missed out this year because of her school schedule. :cryb:
I would suggest making the get-together from May 21st to the 28th next year to make sure people that still go to school (or teach) will be done and have time to make it out to Moab.
I could probably do that with enough notice, but I know it would be tough for a lot of folks to miss out on family Memorial Day weekend stuff (Memorial Day is the 30th in 2011).

Marlin
06/10/2010, 08:29 AM
The wife wants to go, but we have to choose going to Moab, or going to the Bahamas. I had a blast at Moab, but 6 full days of driving with a trailer is not fun. The gas alone will cost more than the entire Bahamas trip. It will be out 10th anniversary kind of thing. Decisions decisions.

Scott Harness
06/10/2010, 08:39 AM

x2 plus what LDUB said

Riff Raff
06/10/2010, 05:51 PM
The wife wants to go, but we have to choose going to Moab, or going to the Bahamas. I had a blast at Moab, but 6 full days of driving with a trailer is not fun. The gas alone will cost more than the entire Bahamas trip. It will be out 10th anniversary kind of thing. Decisions decisions.

MARLIN--- Bahamas, huh??? Not to burst your bubble, but unless you plan on vacationing in the Bahamas/Carribean effective immediately, then you may want to re-think your Bahama plans. The recent BP Oil Spill has now entered the famous "LOOP CURRENT" which flows water current from the Gulf of Mexico to around the tip of Florida and the adjacent islands (aka Bahamas & Carribean). This time next year the Bahamas/Carribean island beaches will be full of Black Gold/Texas Tea. Time is running out quickly, and we are about to loose one of the earth's most prestine vacation spots.

So if you're contemplating the Bahamas/Carribean islands as a vacation spot; then you need to take your vacation immediately, because it will soon be totally destroyed by the BP Oil Spill. If you don't believe me, just Google "BP Oil Spill Loop Current" (happy reading).:freek:

tomdietrying
06/10/2010, 09:17 PM
Riff,
You coming to Moab this year to show off your Kirby?
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
06/10/2010, 09:25 PM
Riff,
You coming to Moab this year to show off your Kirby?
Peace.
Tom
Riff...you get a new vacume cleaner?:bwgy:

RamAirZ
06/10/2010, 09:25 PM
^ hahahahahaha. Gotta have something to get all that dust/dirt out afterwards right guys

Marlin
06/11/2010, 08:48 AM
Well, when you go to Uwharrie, a popular pass time is panning for gold, in the bahamas I suppose I can just prospect for oil.
It just means the tickets will be even cheaper(I am a silver lining kind of guy)

ZEUS
06/24/2010, 12:30 PM
So what's the verdict on this Tom? I need to do some schedulizing...

tomdietrying
06/24/2010, 02:40 PM
Mother's Day is early this year!
So your Dates work for you and for the old Zuzoo crowd.
Problem solved!
Awesome, the universe likes you Tom.

ZuZu will be on May 17 - 21st in 2011.

Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
06/24/2010, 03:41 PM
Oh whoops, musta missed dat! Thanks... see ya then!

Marlin
07/25/2010, 01:43 PM
Can we start a thread in the "meets" section. I am itching to RSVP yes with like 12 guests. Mostly Jeep guys, but they are hardcore, the Miller family out of Kansas City, old school rock crawlers. They offered to tow the VX on their trailer that holds three trucks. One of the group has a CXT, not sure if he is coming though. That means I can do the VX run, and then Golden Spike and whatnot with some of the guys who want to run the harder trails and my "guests".
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/International_Truck-CXT.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/InternationalCXT.htm&usg=__nT8gay-5uIu4WReT_yptuCHlO-c=&h=430&w=700&sz=44&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=o3RJa890TkVqLM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinternational%2Btruck%26hl%3Den%26biw %3D1024%26bih%3D651%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1

Triathlete
07/25/2010, 01:48 PM
One of the group has a CXT, not sure if he is coming though.

If he comes is he going to wheel it?:bwgy:

ZEUS
07/25/2010, 02:06 PM
You actually found a group of Jeepers that will put up with you? :p
Can we start a thread in the "meets" section. I am itching to RSVP yes with like 12 guests. Mostly Jeep guys, but they are hardcore, the Miller family out of Kansas City, old school rock crawlers. They offered to tow the VX on their trailer that holds three trucks. One of the group has a CXT, not sure if he is coming though. That means I can do the VX run, and then Golden Spike and whatnot with some of the guys who want to run the harder trails and my "guests".
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/International_Truck-CXT.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/InternationalCXT.htm&usg=__nT8gay-5uIu4WReT_yptuCHlO-c=&h=430&w=700&sz=44&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=o3RJa890TkVqLM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinternational%2Btruck%26hl%3Den%26biw %3D1024%26bih%3D651%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1

Marlin
07/25/2010, 02:16 PM
If he comes is he going to wheel it?:bwgy:

I seriously doubt that...how would we tow our little trucks back home?

Justin, Jeeps are not all bad, just their owners:) These guys all race motorcross, and quads, they do the Monster Truck halftime shows and whatnot. My wife wen to school with one of the guys. We are meeting in KC, MO in Oct to go wheel in Kansas Rocks, and Turtle Creek ORV. Should be fun, he was telling me how "hard" it is(wait, that came out wrong, damn, did it again). We shall see.