PDA

View Full Version : Middle East VXers?

Heraclid
08/24/2003, 05:17 PM
I was on a 4x4 site and saw two Vehicross pics in the photo library, or the links anyway, since the pics didn't come up. Sounds like these folks do some serious desert stuff and ran across a Vehicross or two. One was in Liwa (Oman), and another at Wadi Rum (Jordan). Has anyone got or seen these pics by any chance? Just curious. I also thought someone said at one time that of all people, Saddam or one of his sons actually had a VX. Anyone else heard anything like that?

WyrreJ
08/24/2003, 08:19 PM
Hey, Bush himself said that Saddam had stockpiles of VX, that's why we had to go in there and kick his ass, he had cornered the market since Isuzu wasn't making any more and that just wasn't fair!

Triathlete
08/24/2003, 08:59 PM
;eekg; :rollb: :laughb: :laughg: :laugho: :laughp: :laughr: :laughy: Oh, you are so funny! :naughty: :laughb: :laughg: :laugho: :laughp: :laughr: :laughy:

kpaske
08/24/2003, 09:56 PM
;Db; ;Db; LOL!!! ;Db; ;Db;

paultvx
08/25/2003, 12:15 AM
Wouldn't suprise me if someone finds a crack pipe in the oval office.

SPAZZ
08/25/2003, 01:16 AM
you mean "SoDamn Insane"?????;Dp;

Spike
08/25/2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by paultvx
Wouldn't suprise me if someone finds a crack pipe in the oval office.

Yes... but no one ever inhales!

paultvx
08/25/2003, 03:05 PM
No... since everyone thinks they're so different from Clinton, I'm sure every one of them will admit to inhaling. Right.

Heraclid
08/25/2003, 03:22 PM
Ahhh, liberals... I just wanna ring their little necks, but they're just so damn entertaining! :-)

paultvx
08/25/2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Ahhh, liberals... I just wanna ring their little necks, but they're just so damn entertaining! :-)

Narrow minds and idle threats. Cute.

Heraclid
08/26/2003, 04:51 PM
Not a threat and all in fun. I take politics quite seriously, but won't go into it here. It's better for everyone that way.

Buuuut... I will say this much - the liberals are the radicals and the narrow-minded ones who by the way say you shouldn't be allowed to have your SUV and who burned down a Hummer dealership in CA last week.

Check this out:
www.earthliberationfront.com

Dallas4u
08/26/2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Not a threat and all in fun. I take politics quite seriously, but won't go into it here. It's better for everyone that way.

Buuuut... I will say this much - the liberals are the radicals and the narrow-minded ones who by the way say you shouldn't be allowed to have your SUV and who burned down a Hummer dealership in CA last week.

Check this out:
www.earthliberationfront.com

:rolleyes: Voting down the party lines is actually for narrow minded folk, is that not correct? Shouldn't you just make up your own mind rather than go with what a group says is right?

Heraclid
08/26/2003, 05:17 PM
It is about individual (ooh libs just hate that word) candidates and individual choices, not group affiliations. Seems to me the ones focused so intently on group identities and blanket associations are the libs. It just so happens that I generally find one party's stance much preferable to the other based on solid facts.

There often isn't any convincing someone who's made their mind up anyway on this stuff. They have to think they figured it out for themselves rather than be told they're wrong and why. So... moving along...

E-mailed the webmaster and got the two VX pics fixed on that 4x4 site about off-roading in the Middle East... nothing too special about them I guess (except where they are), but they can be found here:

http://www.me4x4.info/features/photos.asp

Use the drop-down menu and you'll find 'em close to the bottom.

Joe_Black
08/26/2003, 05:24 PM
Okay now, y'all just STOP! We don't need the political or religious soap-boxes making their appearance! Save it for the late-night campfire conversation during the meets. Seems to work out much more amicably in that setting for some reason.

AlaskaVX
08/26/2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
:rolleyes: Voting down the party lines is actually for narrow minded folk, is that not correct? Shouldn't you just make up your own mind rather than go with what a group says is right?
Ya no sh1t, everyone gave me crap when I told them I was voting Republican except a Democratic (but pro ANWR) Govenor (for Alaska), but I vote for who will give us the best voice, who the hell listens to Frank Murkowski. Never heard of him? Don't blame yourself, blame the people who vote for the "party"! He has to be one of the most monotone, never answers a single question, just beats around the bush politition ever (but he was the Republican canidate)! I can't listen to him for more than a minute and people expect that he can convince other polititions to open ANWR, I bet they all fall asleep! At least thats why I think it hasn't passed yet! That and all the lower 48 tree-huggers that think it's going to destroy our wildlife, :rolleyes: whatever, we have more than enough wildlife... I could go for some 1.00/gallon gasoline, instead of the 2.09/gallon we have now! Oh ya and if anyone knows a billionaire, we could really use a refinery too! :) ALASKA INDEPENDANCE!!!!!!

Anyway enough with my rambling I thouht this pic was pretty sweet!
http://www.me4x4.info/data/submittedphotos/2003/i-4_b.jpeg

Heraclid
08/26/2003, 05:32 PM
Agreed, Joe. I wasn't planning on saying anything further anyway. Sorry I had to get in my little comment or two, but I'm done. It's a shame that it has to be that way, but you're right - it does.

Dallas4u
08/26/2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
Okay now, y'all just STOP! We don't need the political or religious soap-boxes making their appearance! Save it for the late-night campfire conversation during the meets. Seems to work out much more amicably in that setting for some reason.

You are correct... no little line or two needs to be interjected. Religion and politics needs to be kept OFF the boards. Any other fights regarding automobiles are allowed!

Now, let's get it on!!

SGT.BATGUANO
08/26/2003, 09:49 PM
I seem to remember a few years back , the Alaska pipeline was supposed to end our dependence on foreign oil. Now , I understand that oil is loaded in tankers bound for SE asia where it can be sold for a higher profit. What's up with that? We need regulation of the oil and gas industries. The same applies to our natural gas situation. For the last 2 winters we've been held hostage to higher natural gas prices by companies who predict colder winters, and then do nothing to stockpile reserves in the summer when prices are lower. We are told that we have some of the greatest NG reserves in the world but the gas companies won't bother releasing them until the profits are acceptable to them. I don't expect it would get any better if we start drilling in Alaska now. Especially under the current administration and it's slippery associations and proclivities.

By the way, has anyone seen Osama or any WMD's lately? Just heard on the news today that the timeframe that the military has had to find WMD's is now eclipsing the timeframe that the NATO inspectors had, and still nothing (except more U.S. fatalities and casualities).

ARRRRRRGH!

Spike
08/26/2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u

I agree. I usually try to vote for the best person for the job ... or in many cases these days - the lesser evil.

AlaskaVX
08/27/2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
I seem to remember a few years back , the Alaska pipeline was supposed to end our dependence on foreign oil. Now , I understand that oil is loaded in tankers bound for SE asia where it can be sold for a higher profit. What's up with that?
Well we don't have a refinery up here so we have to export the oil somewhere, in return for cheaper gasoline.

For the last 2 winters we've been held hostage to higher natural gas prices by companies who predict colder winters, and then do nothing to stockpile reserves in the summer when prices are lower. We are told that we have some of the greatest NG reserves in the world but the gas companies won't bother releasing them until the profits are acceptable to them. I don't expect it would get any better if we start drilling in Alaska now.
We actually are constantly burning tons and tons of natural gas every day! The company I work for was going to build a pipeline to the states that would supply liquified natural gas, but like you said, the oil companys don't think they will make "enough money", so they backed out of the deal after spending millions on research. Instead they will just continue burning it! sounds logical huh :rolleyes: And when I say they are burning it, I mean they burn a LOT!

Heraclid
08/27/2003, 04:42 PM
Damn I want a supercharger!

I know, it has nothing to do with the current discussion, but I had to vent. :-) You guys really get another 70 or so horses outta that?

Oh well, too pricey for me. :-(

AlaskaVX
08/27/2003, 05:51 PM
LOL Heraclid!
I just cut all spending to afford mine, Ya ALL spending! Live off noodles for a month and a half, no alchohol, cut you smoking habits (if any) and you might be able to afford one. Thats what I did! It was a BRUTAL month and a half but worth it! Then I still neded to come up with install money! I'm finally back on my feet 2-1/2 months later.

Heraclid
08/27/2003, 07:25 PM
A month and a half? Sounds like you make more than me and have less expenses. :-)

Get a lot of extra heat with one of those in there? My VX already puts out so much heat so quick compared to anything else I've driven.

Maybe I can go hold a tin cup on some corner and pretend I'm blind. Could be fun to take a swipe at the ones who think they can take money out because they think I'm blind. :-)

Hmmm... ramen noodles aren't so bad...

AlaskaVX
08/28/2003, 10:51 AM
Ya I'm living with at my parents house so very little expenses. About the heat, it gets HOT! I am just hoping that maybe N1 will come back healthy and ready to help the forums out some more, someday. I could really go for one of his carbon fiber hood inserts with exit vent. I really don't think I could find something like that around here.

I also got a credit card to use for all my normal expenses gas/noodles/$1 burgers and then pretty much signed my paychecks over to Tone. It was rough, noodles get old pretty quick!