PDA

View Full Version : Intake Bs

Cyrk
10/11/2002, 02:32 PM
Well looks like i finally got my intake...
Tell me that i am nuts i must be missing something? right??
the pipes are to short? no couplings no hardware.

-Dave

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39intake.jpg

Cyrk
10/11/2002, 02:37 PM
Ok talked to Don he says that this is right and he will mail the couplers out to me tonight... sorry for the vent but this thing is becoming to troublsome...

VX Monster
10/11/2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Cyrk
Ok talked to Don he says that this is right and he will mail the couplers out to me tonight... sorry for the vent but this thing is becoming to troublsome...

Allright - so what were the balls for?

ScottinMA
10/12/2002, 04:54 AM
Cyrk,

Also to have been included was a bracket to mount the intake on the quarter panel. It didn't quite fit and I used a platic tie to fasten the intake to it.

Scott

Cyrk
10/15/2002, 07:24 PM
Well got the clamp in thanks Don and installed it just now...

The filter was such a BITCH to get on that in the process I bent the whole filter... Doh
and it is a TIGHT fit, I wish that they had a actually VX there when the fabricated it.
it almost seems as if my hood does not want to close. and got no mounting bracket for the filter.

The intake rests on some wiring that is tall I wonder if this can rerouted to free up a little space (see photo)...

Curious to see if there is a difference over the Injen that i just removed.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/39hotshot.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/39space.jpg

paultvx
10/27/2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Cyrk
Curious to see if there is a difference over the Injen that i just removed.

Most likely none. See the intake thread in mods forum. You're still sucking in hot air from the engine bay... through a heat conducting metal pipe.

Once I get my hands on a filter I'll make a Lexan heat shield that will work with the stock intake tube... and along with that I'll see if there is a way to run some sort of ducting to direct cold air into the shielded area. Could probably use the oval opening in the bumper... if that's possible, I'll probably make that an extra option since it isn't a good thing to have for those with a habit of taking their VX's for a swim.

Once the shield gets going... I'll take the funds and try to make a carbon intake tube. More heat resistant than the stock plastic piping.

Then once that is underway... I'll see if I can make the heat shield with carbon.

BTW, I don't understand the curves in the Moody intake. What's it for? Looks good, but I don't see any good reason for forcing air to travel all that extra distance... just more time for air to pick up more heat from the pipe.

SGT.BATGUANO
10/29/2002, 12:46 AM
I'd have to agree with your observation on the bends. It seems to me that the pipe could be straighter and shorter by using a heat insulator near the radiator hose.

I also like the c/f idea.

This may all be rendered moot if the s/c ever gets warranty coverage approval by Isuzu, because then the pipe can be properly re-designed!

Wishing.......................waiting............. .................

P.S. W.S.G. can you include a smilie with one eyebrow up and straight lips for non-depressed questions? Sort of like a WTF (?) or Swarzenegger look.

Moncha
10/29/2002, 11:09 AM
Will this one do?
;wtf;

SGT.BATGUANO
10/30/2002, 01:17 AM
Thanks W.S.G . That's what I had in mind. Now I have to find something to use it with.