PDA

View Full Version : stolen antenna

RobVX
08/23/2003, 06:58 PM
Alright, which one of you broke your antenna and decided to take mine????

Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning, had my antenna.
Later in the day, went to wash my dirty VX, and discovered that my antenna was gone. Next time we take the wife's car!!!!

Guess I'll be ordering from Merlin @ St. Charles.

Antennaless

AnalogVX
08/23/2003, 09:11 PM
Mitsubishi Lancer looks like the same one too.

Heraclid
08/23/2003, 09:14 PM
Yep, like Spazz said - I think some of the VWs out there have it, maybe even some Saturns. Seems like there is at least one other thread about this so a search might give you more specifics.

I have to be careful with my garage door, the bottom of which hangs down just enough to clip my antenna. Not so much a problem going in, but backing out is another story as the antenna doesn't really like bending that way.

And what's with these <bleep> that have to go around snapping our antennas?!

JAFO
08/24/2003, 01:26 AM
I think some of the VWs out there have it...
Yes, when I purchased my VX the antenna was missing and you guys helped me out by pointing me to the VW dealer.

The VX uses a FUBU style antenna. Like the following late model cars; VW Bettle, Golf, Jetta, GTI, Passat, Toyota Celica GTS, Mazda Miata, Lexus IS300, MOST AUDI MODELS AND the HONDA S2000.

Here's one source:
www.seffects.com (http://www.seffects.com/catalog/subcategory.asp?Specials=Exterior+Styling&Category=Antennas&MainCategory=Exterior+Styling&MenuSubCategory=Antennas)

Pens
08/24/2003, 09:53 AM
You might want to wait another day or two for a possible Ransom note.

VX crazy
08/24/2003, 04:57 PM
Sorry Rob, we couldn't wait another day. We are holding your antenna hostage! When you come out to a meet we will deliver!

RobVX
08/24/2003, 06:40 PM
Texas VXers:

Sorry to miss the DFW meet; other than getting my antenna stolen, I am replacing some rotted wood on my roof so it can be re-roofed. I was hoping to join y'all in the afternoon/evening, but my wife and I are both fighting off the back to school cold/flu (she's a teacher; start of the school year is always a germ fest); by Sat. afternoon I felt like I was hacking up a lung. I thought I'd better not infect everyone.

Hope the get together was great...someone please post some pictures. I don't like missing out, I won't make it a habit.

Antennaless

WyrreJ
08/24/2003, 08:17 PM
Rob - I seem to recall someone posting info on replacing the antenna with a stubby version (from an S2000??) - you might take the opportunity to do that and make it a little less conspicuous.

paultvx
08/25/2003, 12:22 AM
Your antenna was most likely stolen by some punk who owns a cheaply modded VW... or a Honda punk wanting to look cool. You know some of them are dumb enough to buy fake roof mount antennas to get that European look. :rolleyes: Lame.

Anyway, I mentioned it in an earlier thread on this topic several months ago. Our antennas are the same units found on the VW GTI, Jettas, and the Passats. DO NOT go to the Isuzu dealer or the VW dealer to get a replacement whip. You will get raped.

Several aftermarket VW shops have the whips. There are too many to list. Do a web search and you will turn up a bunch of them. One of them, the most trustworthy one is www.vwaftermarket.com (aka New Dimensions in Santa Clara, CA).

It's called a "Fuba" antenna, BTW.

autox-racer
08/25/2003, 06:56 AM
i bent the hell out of mine on my garage door about a year ago ... felt like a dumb arse but anyway..

i got my replacement on ebay for 7 bucks. i think i got one that was listed as a VW.

here is one for 10 bucks + 7 shipping... can probably find it cheaper but this was one of the first i found... people are probably stealing to sell on ebay! :mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042169515&category=1498