PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry Fob

Sheik-YurBooty
08/23/2003, 08:48 AM
:confused: Hi all, Last week I got an 01 Proton but without the Keyless entry Fob.....I tried emailing Isuzu parts, but they never responded. Can anyone please give me some input in how Imcan get one? thanks....oh yeah! one more thing,the dome light wont work, I've checked the fuse & it was ok, the bulb seems to be a bit rough on both of the ends that make contact.Any suggestions? Im not good with electronics

Moncha
08/23/2003, 10:00 AM
Try St Charles Isuzu (http://isuzu.stcharlesauto.com/parts_department.asp?LINK=Parts&MAIN=parts_department), Talk with Merlin. He's great and they have some of the best prices around and do not charge shipping.

Does the domelight not work with either door? Does it work when push on it with the doors closed?
The grounding switch is the long slider under the D shaped latch opposite of the hinges. Make sure that the contacts are not corroded there.
You may need to get a circiut tester (The kind that looks like an icepick with a light bulb in it) to see if power is getting to the lights housing... No time like the present to learn The POWER of ELECTRICITY!

Navigator
08/23/2003, 09:02 PM
Saw one for sale there last week, didn't make note of the price, but I am sure it beats dealer markup. Do a search on ISUZU it may still be there. BTW I paid $75 to have mine replaced at the dealer last year.

Sheik-YurBooty
08/24/2003, 07:27 AM
the dome is off when all doors are open It does'nt work when I push it,...It seems dead

Moncha
08/24/2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Sheik-YurBooty
the dome is off when all doors are open It does'nt work when I push it,...It seems dead

Does it work with the doors closed?
You need to check to see if the power wire to the light is indeed dead.

Sheik-YurBooty
08/24/2003, 08:48 AM
light wont work w/ em opened or closed.....Im gonna see if the is any corrosion there,but I doubt it./////Is the bulb supposed to be rough at each end where it makes contact?Mine is

Moncha
08/24/2003, 09:10 AM
I'm not what you mean by the bulb being rough. The bulb is blown and may have a flashing on it. The wires being rough won't matter.. Did you try another bulb?