PDA

View Full Version : I'm one of you!

Tookie
05/15/2010, 02:51 AM
Ok, us now.

Picked up a '99 Ironman 76k miles, transferred title, she's all mine!

Already got the bug reading everything and looking what I should do to my new baby. Along with a minor list of repairs, windows, front lights.

So happy!

Gussie2000
05/15/2010, 04:53 AM
Welcome tookie !

You must love the VX all around for sure buddy :)

You made me recall that auto magazine back in 1998 when the VX was just introduce in the US choosing the islands to show off the VX all terrain majesty :)

Have fun ! :bwgy:

SilverBullet75
05/15/2010, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the addiction!
You'll love it out in Hawaii!
Wish I had a VX when I lived on Oahu.

RallyDude
05/15/2010, 11:09 AM
Aloha!

Mile High VX
05/15/2010, 12:42 PM
Welcome the obsession...

Lot's of great information and folks here.

Anita
05/15/2010, 03:15 PM
Welcome!:yesb:

tomdietrying
05/16/2010, 06:10 AM
Welcome!
Welcome!!
Welcome!!!
Peace.
Tom

alanbradley
05/16/2010, 10:23 AM
I saw this and thought "oh, bad luck..." ;)

Seriously, welcome along. You'll love it!

Alan

Tookie
05/17/2010, 01:53 AM
Alan...I like that name, one of the names. I might be a bit biased as it's mine also ;)

Bad luck for my wallet lol, my VX(I love saying that) is pretty much stock, so other than fixing a few things, mostly get to add stuff to it to make it Alan's VX.

I know there are two other VX's for sure on the island, another Ironman and a Proton. In fact the Proton was the one that got me interested in the VX, saw it one day outside of Office Depot after an errand run, and it just drew me. Wonder if those other two are the forum somewhere.

Now the choices begin of what to add...Mwhuahahaaaa

BigMeatVX
05/19/2010, 07:22 PM
Glad to have ya join us....

My firefox redVX that I just sold is on its way ti HI....

Kona-Vs
05/19/2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome Tookie, There's 4 VXs in Kona My son has the 99 Ironman I have a 99 Ebony There's a Proton and some snowbirds with another Ebony So far I know of 6 others including yours in Honolulu The good thing about the Hawaii VXs is that they have low miles on them ;) PM me with your ph# and I'll give you a call Kona-Vs

Scott Larson
05/23/2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Tookie, welcome to this wonderful addiction. Got my Proton last June and I've been tweakin' ever since! Driving seems to be the only cure, and that's only temporary; you'll spend alot of time just staring at it. I hope you have understanding friends.

djvx
05/23/2010, 10:52 PM
Tookie, the guys (and gals) here will be super helpful. Got any maintanence records? If not you should consider doing some new fluids and all that stuff. I love the "post of all rims and tires" thread, check that thread out it will 'INSPIRE" you!

Tookie
05/26/2010, 02:48 AM
Haha, so, funny story, and a love story.

I had to clean my other car(a civic) so when I went on a trip this past week my sister could use my car. So basically I took an entire trunkload and backseat full of random stuff and threw it all in the VX with the seat down...so amazing filling it with stuff. Then yesterday I cleaned it out and just kinda looked at it for awhile. Never was a car guy before but now that I got this beast it makes me want to spend all kinds of money on it.

Got some maintenance records, and the guy recently got a new tranny or something for it so it seems to be all good other than a couple things like replacing some bulbs and hoses. One of my friends is trying to convince me to lift it and put some crab-like looking tires on it, mostly cuz he saw another Ironman out in the westside that looks like a crab. Pretty sure my VX is gonna become a money-sink of joy.

Sweet!

Ldub
05/26/2010, 02:50 AM
Pretty sure my VX is gonna become a money-sink of joy.

Sweet!

Ummmmm...yeah...:yesgray:

That's been known to happen...:luck:

WELCOME TO THE OBSESSION