PDA

View Full Version : Switch diagrams for factory switches

Marlin
05/08/2010, 09:01 AM
So I scored a grip of switches and harnesses from some troopers in the yards today. I got all the defroster and cruise control switches I could get my hands on. My goal is to replace all my toggles with factory push buttons, similar to the Boss's look in his foglight write up, and I will use a magic eraser to remove the white label and make my own for the various things I wire up. I want to run one switch for my accessories, (CB, digital rear view, and extra dc outlets) on one switch, fogs on another, roof lights/bumper lights on another, perhaps another to turn off my amp and so on.
Here is what I got from the thread. If I am reading this correctly, I need to run +12v to the left pin and ground to the two top right pins. That would mean the second from the left is my throw for the switch? (output for non-electrician types:) ) What lead needs to go to the bottom right pin? Can I just put a jumper from the throw pin to that one? I assume that is the indicating light on the switch itself? I only want it on if the switch is on. I know that some folks are heading out for Moab, so I may not get a response, but when I finish the project, I will post up some pics and whatnot for the final setup.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3142/thumbs/6switches.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1882)

rowhard
05/08/2010, 12:37 PM
Not sure if it exist other then what is available in the Electoral manual down loadable here. Maybe a multi-meter and power source to make your own

vt_maverick
05/08/2010, 01:15 PM
Looks like you've been hittin' the wine again rowhard... is that the Electrical Manual, Electronic Manual or Electoral College manual? ;)

Marlin
05/08/2010, 05:06 PM
Looks like you've been hittin' the wine again rowhard... is that the Electrical Manual, Electronic Manual or Electoral College manual? ;)

Well if its the electoral college,that means it is a total waste of time and results in making sure that millions of votes in the presidential election don't count, but if its the electrical manual, it doesn't go into that much detail for the various switches.
I already checked the connections from terminal to terminal. Looks like top right to bottom right makes a connection via the actual switch, which would fit with Scott's label. Didn't get around to doing it energized yet, I do have a DC test source for bench top testing, just didn't want to do rework. i spent 4 hours replacing other CV joint, new boots, new upper and lower ball joints. Now I have to get ready for calc final and pack for my trip to Germany. I also shipped out some parts today, busy busy busy.
Wish I was going to Moab....:mad:

rowhard
05/08/2010, 06:34 PM

No, that is the morning after wine and doing it without my reading glasses