PDA

View Full Version : VX Irony

Amack76
08/22/2003, 03:51 PM
first i must say i love my VX. so last night i am driving home from work, when i opened my ash tray to get some change out for a toll (had to find a use for it being i am not a smoker), when i realized there is a little light i the ash tray! then i thought what kind of fool over at Isuzu would put a light in the ash tray and not in the glove compartment? i mean sometimes i think the vx was only half complete when they put it on the market due to simple things the vx should have had and were not put in it. so to remedy the situation i went to the junk yard today and bought a little light and a compression button for it from a junked 1992 ford explorerim gonna install it on monday when i have time, oh yea and i also bought black lighted sun visors out of a junked probe that matched the sun visor size of the vx that i am gonna install when i dye the headliner. so if anyone has info on the dye i should use, how to take the liner out and how to reapply i would appreciate.

kpaske
08/22/2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah, a couple minor design flaws with the VX... notably, the seats that don't slide forward enough, the huge blind spots, and my favorite, the lack of trunk and gas cap door releases. Fortunately there are fairly simple remedies to most of those issues.

Anyhow, removing the headliner is a bit of a pain because you first need to remove the interior side panels. Be sure you have the right tool to remove the upper seat belt mounts, or else you'll have to force them through the side panel holes (which is possible, but requires some bending and forcing). Once these are out, it's pretty straight forward - just remove the four suicide grips, visors, and a bunch of plastic push tabs and it'll pop right out. I don't know about dying it, but if you find a good method please share!