PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts....just thought I'd share

MSHardeman
04/29/2010, 08:19 AM
I know there has been some discussions about seatbelts before and whether we should be required, by law, to wear them or not. It doesn't really matter to me what side of the argument you fall on, although I hope everyone does wear it because I would like to keep my "family" around as long as possible.

A friend sent me this video and I thought it was so well done that I just had to share it. It's not gorey or all "Highways of BLOOD" PSA-ey, it's actually almost a little to sugary for me, so it's safe for all to watch.

http://embracethis.co.uk/

vt_maverick
04/29/2010, 08:57 AM
That is pretty freakin' cool! Nice find!

Mile High VX
04/29/2010, 10:11 AM
Very nice...I sent it to all my family and friends.

tomdietrying
04/29/2010, 06:20 PM
I'm going to share with others at work.
Peace.
Tom

circmand
04/30/2010, 08:26 AM
All those different color metal slugs or coins was neat. The video would not get me to wear it if I didn't already. I woulod suggest Blood on the asphault or a humourous Monty Python skit for effectiveness.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/30/2010, 10:49 AM
I am on autopilot when I get into a car. I don't even have to think about fastening my seatbelt. I sometimes forget I put it on when I start the car and reach for it, then I realize I'm dumb... "it's already on genius". Great video! I am sending this one out...

BigSwede
04/30/2010, 12:19 PM
I feel "naked" without my seatbelt on, totally insecure. I definitely want to stay in that steel cocoon in the event of an accident...

Riff Raff
04/30/2010, 01:49 PM
Nice vid. There should have been 1 more actor to slam a pillow smack in the face to represent an airbag.:bgwb:

rowhard
04/30/2010, 06:56 PM
Very well done, but then having lived in England as a driver for 13 years, I would expect nothing else. They take driver and highway safety very serious. And say what you want about government controlled TV, you can always count on the BBC to educated the drivers with video's like this, and rules of the road,... I do miss it.

Anyway, I too will forward this onto all my contacts. Thanks again for sharing

VXIRONwoMAN
04/30/2010, 07:43 PM
There should have been 1 more actor to slam a pillow smack in the face to represent an airbag.:bgwb:
Oh... that would have been awesome! Genius!!!

Scott Harness
05/01/2010, 12:30 PM
I feel "naked" without my seatbelt on, totally insecure. I definitely want to stay in that steel cocoon in the event of an accident...
YES! I've worn mine so long ,it feels weird to not have it on.

Stephen Biko
05/08/2010, 02:02 AM
Now, just imagine if that were a condom commercial instead...

Riff Raff
05/08/2010, 03:31 AM
Now, just imagine if that were a condom commercial instead...

Yes, I can relate to that. I spent 9 months trying to get out, and the rest of my life trying to get back in.:bgwb:

RickOKC
05/09/2010, 02:28 PM
I am on autopilot when I get into a car. I don't even have to think about fastening my seatbelt. I sometimes forget I put it on when I start the car and reach for it, then I realize I'm dumb... "it's already on genius". Great video! I am sending this one out...
Ditto for autopilot! Hey, if you really want to feel dumb, try to get out of the car without taking it off. :eek:

kirk hilton
05/10/2010, 03:20 AM
If you've ever been in a serious accident, which I have, the embrace life video will make you cry, as I did. :_crying:

circmand
05/10/2010, 07:58 AM
If you've ever been in a serious accident, which I have, the embrace life video will make you cry, as I did. :_crying:

I flipped my Honda Civic and it rolled over 6 times. I would call that serious. Fortunately I had my seat belt on and didnt suffer any lasting effects. The only issue was my chewst and back muscles were sore for days. The car was awesome it would still start and run and for less than $1000 had it road legal but ugly.

The video did not really move me.

Funny thing is now I see that commercial where the guy says his Subaru saved his life and they show a car with a dented front fended and I LMAO thinking that that little fender bender was supposedly life threatening