PDA

View Full Version : My VX is on a lift....and she won't come down

handeeman
04/28/2010, 01:36 PM
My VX is on a lift and won't come down. It seems she overheard me saying we wouldn't be able to do Moab again this year. She just climbed up there and hasn't even spoken a word since.
It's eerie how they sense their owners feelings. I've been kinda depressed myself after owning up to the truth that I wouldn't be able to go. I even had a wonderful invitation to fly out and ride and drive with another member of the family.
I was just wondering if any other members of the family feel the same way about wanting to go and can't ?
I remember last year I felt the same way but got over it once the pics started flowing in from Moab.
(By the way, since my VX is not my daily driver, I put her up on a lift where my buddy keeps his car collection.)

Triathlete
04/28/2010, 02:07 PM
For anyone who wants to venture to Moab without their VX...I'm going solo this year and will have an open seat the whole week (so long as you can put up with my music). Sorry, I know this don't make your dilema any easier Handee but just throwing the invite out there!

VX KAT
04/28/2010, 02:08 PM
(By the way, since my VX is not my daily driver, I put her up on a lift where my buddy keeps his car collection.)

Is that where you two keep your Grey Poupon too?:laugho:
Is that a Florida theft prevention technique or ya just wanted to preserve your tires?

Geez Handee, even the ORW is makin' it to Moab, and she's on a pretty slim travel budget ya know. Oops, I don't think that made you feel any better....

We'll post a bunch-o pics for ya Handito! :thumbup:

etlsport
04/28/2010, 03:34 PM
im with you, every year i just drool over going.. 1800 miles each way makes it super tough, im hoping next year ill be done with school and will hopefully have a steady income so ill be able to swing a week to visit VX Mecca

ZEUS
04/28/2010, 04:18 PM
I may not be able to make it this year either, Handee. I have a bunch of life stuff in my way right now and may not even have a way to get down there. I should know this weekend if I'll make it or not... SO BUMMED!

pbkid
04/28/2010, 04:40 PM
I may not be able to make it this year either, Handee. I have a bunch of life stuff in my way right now and may not even have a way to get down there. I should know this weekend if I'll make it or not... SO BUMMED!

hitch a ride justin...
if you can afford to fly into denver or grand junction you can ride out with me and diane...

nocturnalVX
04/28/2010, 05:27 PM
The pain of missing out might sting a little more for those of us that have been to Moab (lucky sumzabeeches), but I'm sure it messes with even those that have never been there for the scenery, the wheelin' and the partying. Many people lurk the forums every May to live vicariously through those lucky VXers that are going. Missing out of the yearly gathering because of health, job, school, etc. is rough. Hanging with the VX family is the greatest! I hope we can push back the dates a little next year to make it easier...

Mile High VX
04/28/2010, 06:43 PM
The pain of missing out might sting a little more for those of us that have been to Moab (lucky sumzabeeches), but I'm sure it messes with even those that have never been there for the scenery, the wheelin' and the partying. Many people lurk the forums every May to live vicariously through those lucky VXers that are going. Missing out of the yearly gathering because of health, job, school, etc. is rough. Hanging with the VX family is the greatest! I hope we can push back the dates a little next year to make it easier...

X 2.....:upsetgray:mady::mado::madb:

samneil2000
04/29/2010, 07:12 AM
I would like to go, but coming from the Memphis TN area it would be a long long drive. If my VX made it there in one piece, that would be good. But to make it back home again after thrashing it in the rocks, spectacular. If I had a way to haul it there and back, it might be more doable. I have a friend with a rock crawler Toyota and a big diesel Chevy. We need to get a goose-neck and load them both up and I can chip in for fuel. Maybe next year... :o

Ldub
04/29/2010, 07:17 AM
Glad to see you still alive & kickin' Handito...:yes:

I was startin' to worry about you...even more than usual...:laughing:

tom4bren
04/29/2010, 07:39 AM
Handito,

When we talk about lifting your VX, we mean new springs or spacers & torsion bar crank.

Putting your VX on a rack in the garage is NOT what we had in mind.

What's next, ya gonna put a new muffler on it by wrapping the whole VX in bubble wrap???

Good to see you visiting again.

VX KAT
04/29/2010, 07:44 AM
I would like to go, but coming from the Memphis TN area it would be a long long drive. If my VX made it there in one piece, that would be good. But to make it back home again after thrashing it in the rocks, spectacular. If I had a way to haul it there and back, it might be more doable. I have a friend with a rock crawler Toyota and a big diesel Chevy. We need to get a goose-neck and load them both up and I can chip in for fuel. Maybe next year... :o

Fly out Sam, (Denver, Albuquerque) a convoy can pick you up, there's always an empty seat for a fellow VXer! Heck ya can wheel mine some! This way, we KNOW you'll come next yr fo sho! We know T4B is coming next yr so you 2 can form a convoy!

tom4bren
04/29/2010, 10:15 AM
Ya! I'm not going to subject my VX to a drive like that either. I'll have a car trailer by next year to tow it behind the RV.

handeeman
04/29/2010, 12:06 PM
Glad to see you still alive & kickin' Handito...:yes:

I was startin' to worry about you...even more than usual...:laughing:

Handito,

When we talk about lifting your VX, we mean new springs or spacers & torsion bar crank.

Putting your VX on a rack in the garage is NOT what we had in mind.

What's next, ya gonna put a new muffler on it by wrapping the whole VX in bubble wrap???

Good to see you visiting again.

Ya! I'm not going to subject my VX to a drive like that either. I'll have a car trailer by next year to tow it behind the RV.

First, thanks to all for the kind comments. It's nice to know others go thru withdrawal also this time of year.

To Ldub, I admit sometimes I worry myself about me too. It just depends on which voice I'm hearing at the time.

To T4B, I admit it really looks good lifted, not quite as high as it is now.
Plus, your car trailer idea is super....we could put my Kaiser on the trailer and let the Proton tow it to Moab. Also knowing you didn't want to subject to the drive, I'd gladly give ya some relief driving.

Gosh I'm already feeling better (not much, but a little).

ZEUS
04/29/2010, 12:57 PM
hitch a ride justin...
if you can afford to fly into denver or grand junction you can ride out with me and diane...
Well this is mostly a timing issue - my project deadline has been extended to the 10th and excusing myself might seal my fate. I wasn't able to take time off to go to Wyoming and pick up the CJ anyway. My fate may be sealed already because of the aforementioned office politics tho. Things have gotten kinda ugly in "Mo-town"...

Handee I was wondering why I didn't see more of your goofy typings lately... with the VX now on a lift, how's the Vetterrari comin? :)

handeeman
04/30/2010, 10:33 AM
Handee I was wondering why I didn't see more of your goofy typings lately... with the VX now on a lift, how's the Vetterrari comin? :)

"Goofy" "Goofy".....oh well, they prolly thought "Socrates" was goofy back in his day.
Oh and it's the darn "Vice" car that's keeping my budget drained. We did drive it a couple of blocks a week ago, gonna highway road test it this coming week. Maybe another couple of months and it's done...talk about a money pit.

tom4bren
04/30/2010, 10:36 AM
Pix or it didn't happen.:)

Ya gonna paint it Proton & use it for a taxi?

handeeman
04/30/2010, 11:06 AM
Pix or it didn't happen.:)

Ya gonna paint it Proton & use it for a taxi?

Funny you should say that about the pics, one of my friends took pictures (movie) with his phone and e-mailed them to me. I tried to post them but something about the format not being right. With what I know about cars and computers I can understand no floormats but how can it be the wrong format ? Yes, it would look nice in Proton and make a very fast Taxi.