PDA

View Full Version : fang extenders

Amack76
08/21/2003, 08:13 AM
omg when is this guy gonna be done fabin the fang extenders, i got my vx a year ago today and he has been fabbing them ever since http://vehicrossconcepts.homestead.com/products.html
it anyone knows who he is please tell him to finish, i want bad.

Vasha13
08/21/2003, 09:15 AM
Vehicross Concepts is handled by the user id 'ron' on this board. His email is in his profile. He's usually really good about responding to email but I know he's really busy so I don't know when he'll finish the fang extenders.

Native_V_ha
08/21/2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah i want the fang extenders also, I currently have a order coming from Ron at VXConcepts, he's a good guy and has responded to ever email I've sent him reguarding my order and other misc VX questions i had dispite him being very busy lately. But i guess good things come to those who wait right...lol ;)

Anita
08/21/2003, 11:23 AM
Ron's products are awesome. I have enjoyed my front skid plate I purchased from him and am looking forward to buying a few other goodies soon!

He and his wife Cindy are good people.

;Dr;

Vasha13
08/21/2003, 01:08 PM
Ron might be out of commission computer-wise for a bit - I don't know for sure. I just received a quarantined email from his email address with the SoBig virus in it. I don't think it was one he actually meant to send, I think it was one the virus just sent using his email address. I'm not really sure how these things work so maybe it isn't his machine that is infected but just his host service. :confused:

AREA 51
08/21/2003, 01:16 PM
Don't forget, this is not his full time job.
It's more like a hobby for him and a benefit for us. Good things come to those who wait.

ron
08/22/2003, 12:42 PM
Folks...

As you all know by now, I've been real busy lately with a full time job, part time weekend job, VX Concepts, and baby. As Area 51 has stated, VX Concepts is more of my hobby and I mostly do it for the love of the vehicle than any other reasons. So, when I do work on VXC products, it's within a very limited time schedule pending baby needs, of course. Those of you who have kids or are new parents know what I'm talking about! ;)

Regarding the fang extenders, I am concentrating on finishing up current pre-paid orders before I can even produce new products. Currently working on (3) front skidplates simultaneously in order to ship out possibly by next week. Along with the fang extenders, I will be offering a couple of new products to add to the line of things I'm already offering. Will reveal those at a later time.

Some of you know by now that I will be announcing a "last chance" offer to buy the front skidplate as it is coming to its near end. I will take whatever orders I receive within a certain period of time. After the deadline, I will place whatever number of orders prepaid with my vacuum-formers and they will pull all at one shot. Hopefully they can pull all successfully at that time. However, because of the current condition the mold is in, who knows how many parts it can produce. If it happens the mold breaks before all plates are pulled, those who've prepaid early accordingly, will get the remaining parts. And I will reimburse those who weren't able to get theirs. Once the mold is shot, that's it. I will not make another for the front skidplate. Afterwards, the front skidplate will no longer be available from me.

Also, Vasha13 is correct that my e-mail system is infected with the So-big virus. I thought that running Norton's anti-virus would do the trick last night. But, it seems not to cut it for me as it seems to be still sending me back messages of unknown sender (?). It seems to act alone without my intention of sending any e-mails out. Anyone out there have any advise/suggestions as to rid of this annoying bug?

One last thing, thanks to those who know me by now. Since I'm the sole person who runs VX Concepts, I'm also the sole person who prototypes and makes the parts in my own home-made back yard shop that I built last summer to do these things. Since the VX is a limited vehicle and those that are interested in my accessories are also limited and few, I can't keep parts on stock to send out right away. I basically make the parts from scratch after the order has been placed. Alot of people, for some reason, don't understand that I'm not a Kragen auto supply store that can either pull the item off the shelf or order it from someone else.:confused: :(

Please remember that this is only a hobby for me. It's one of those things where it's too much work for part time position and not enough work for a full time either. I'm already spread thin with the baby and 2 other jobs as it is.

So, thank you for your concerns and interest for the fang extenders and other items I have to offer. Please be patient a little longer as I will get these parts available for the public as fast as humanly possible.:cool:

Moncha
08/22/2003, 01:06 PM
"Ron",

All I can say is that you are outstanding young man and we are privledged to have you in our community . Good luck with ALL of your endeavors...

Spike
08/22/2003, 02:04 PM
I would love a front skid plate.. they really look great and I know you put a lot of work into getting it right.
But one is just not scheduled into the budget any time soon. Therefore, I will most likely miss out on this unless someone else picks up where you left off in the future.

I am definitely looking forward to those hood strips though.

For Norton AV.. have you gone to Symantec's site and pulled down the latest virus definitions, and installed them manually?

Moncha
08/22/2003, 02:13 PM
Or, here is the W32.Sobig.F@mm removal tool (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@mm.removal.tool.html)

Joe_Black
08/22/2003, 02:41 PM
Ron, have always admired your work and wish others were as enterprising as you!

On Norton antivirus: Great product but when dealing with an existing virus you've got to clean the system before installing. As Moncha mentioned there are tools available from www.symantec.com. I'm the IT guy for a national bank and cover about 500 computers/40 servers over four counties. The higher-ups decided to go with McAfee a year ago and now we've been working almost three-days straight chasing bugs. Ironically we're using a Norton tool to remove the viruses so McAfee can work! Wish we were back on Norton!

Amack76
08/22/2003, 03:39 PM
ron, is there any way i can send you a deposite for a preorder cause i really really want. and im sorry if i sounded kinda in considerate

Frank

vx69
08/22/2003, 08:36 PM
Ron's products are well worth the wait. I have almost every thing that he currently offers, and I have to say they are first rate!!! I would like to thank Ron for everything he has done for the VX community, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. Great Job Ron, and thanks for everything you do.

SPAZZ
08/23/2003, 02:46 AM
I have Tones (behind the cladding)Diamond Plate Skid Plate......hhhhhmmmm....I wonder if Ron's skid plate would still fit my VX??? has anyone tried this or know if it would work????

Tone
08/23/2003, 05:02 AM
Yes, his plate works with that skid plate as well as my Safari bar brackets.

ron
08/25/2003, 05:16 PM
hey Folks...

Regarding some of the questions people have been asking and e-mailing me, yes, I am open to a 1/2 down and 1/2 later before shipping for the front skidplate. I'll be getting into more details later when I make the announcement. Those of you who've already sent money to secure their deposit with a purchase of a skidplate have been logged on a list accordingly.

Thanks to those who've given me tips regarding the stupid So-big virus. I've downloaded the latest virus updates with Norton and have ran the scan. Apparently has isolated the bug and I deleted it from my system. However, even though I'm not receiving those "unknown sender" e-mails as much, I'm still getting a few. So, I'm not sure whether the bug hasn't been fully contained or I haven't applied the utility properly. I apologize to those fellow VXers who may have received an e-mail with my address enclosed!

Frank (Amack76) and others interested in the hood extenders, I haven't fully developed the mold for which I plan to mass produce these parts just yet. So, I will refuse any offerings about sending any pre-order deposit for the parts. Until I finalize the part (prototyping, developing, mass production), only then will I offer these for sale and accept full payments. Please take no offense, as I don't feel comfortable about taking anyones money until I have a finished product that's been tested and finished to completion. Same applies with all my other products present and future.

FYI, I have sent away with an extra hood insert that's enroute to me by the end of the week. My plans are to produce a carbon fiber version insert with heat extractor (reversed air intake). If all goes well with the prototype, I'll offer these up for sale as well.

Many thanks again all for your support, patience, understanding, and loyalty. But most of all, thank you for believing in me. It will not be forgotten. :) Cheers!

Hotsauce
08/25/2003, 05:50 PM
Ron:

I would be interested in the extractor hood insert. Will you offer different composits, or just one weave of carbon? I think alot of Proton owners would like carbon/kevlar weave. I can send you a few yards once you get the mold done.

http://www.fibreglast.com/products.php?session=6b3b743e9375d046b457b57a1ffd4 452&area=6

John C.

Amack76
08/25/2003, 05:58 PM
ron, sorry to be a pest, but two questions 1. you have absolutely no eta on the fangs, and two is there anyway i can buy phase 1 of the grill insert (the prototype in you design section)?

2K1 1K2
08/25/2003, 07:27 PM
hi, Ron. hope all well. while on the topic of hoods... any plans for a bug/stone deflector for the front of the hood? just touched up a few minor paint chips this weekend and it hurt to see them.
thanks for your time!
-jose

IsuZOOM
08/25/2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 2K1 1K2
any plans for a bug/stone deflector for the front of the hood? just touched up a few minor paint chips this weekend and it hurt to see them. Scott (Moncha) has a great solution for this - the 3M clear bra stuff. http://www.moncha.com/images/Modlinks/bra_info.html This pic he made shows where he put it (he highlighted the areas in green, it's actually clear)

http://www.moncha.com/images/VX%20Modifications/vx_mods_r1_c3_f3.jpg

Bantan
08/26/2003, 08:36 AM
Used a pair of bumper guards, found em at a car wash.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/225135grillnplateholder-med.jpg

Amack76
08/26/2003, 11:44 AM
banton, love the grill, wanna make me one? ill pay

Bantan
08/26/2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Amack76
banton, love the grill, wanna make me one? ill pay

Wish I could Brother, but I am so busy I had to call out sick from work just so that I could go to our last VX meet. However it was pretty simple, just a bit time consuming. I got the material at Home Depot for under $5(I got extra lying around at home if you want) in the roofing aisle its used as gutter covers. Auto accesory stores sell it for $30+. I first peeled off the ISUZU sticker on the grill for a flat snug fit. I got a piece of cardboard cut it out to the size of the OEM grill then used snips to cut to size. I then secured it with wire ties.

2K1 1K2
08/26/2003, 08:22 PM
thanks, IsuZOOM, for your reply/suggestion. i've seen that on Monchas fine site. however, i'd still be afraid of a ding from a flying stone or such. my wife's deflector on her Xterra has worked well. sooo, i'd lean toward that option. of course, if none becomes available, i'll definitely look into the 3m bra.
thanks, again!
-jose