08/21/2003, 07:47 AM
i quess pacesetter finally came out with headers for 3.2L v6
should go as far as 2002 or 2003
72C1127 ARMOR*Coat, 98-00 Amigo, Rodeo, V6 $454.95
70-1127 98-00 Amigo, Rodeo, V6 $279.95

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/images/72c1127.jpg

Tone
08/21/2003, 07:54 AM
Should work on a 3.5 then - and long tube! Someone please try them but get a dyno run before and after to document the improvement.

Amack76
08/21/2003, 08:10 AM
how much would an install on them be and where is the link to find them

VehiX
08/21/2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Amack76
how much would an install on them be and where is the link to find them

Here is the link to Pacesetter:

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com

kpaske
08/21/2003, 04:51 PM
Yes! I'd be very interested in the dyno results too. Could someone please find out if these will work for us?

Hotsauce
08/21/2003, 05:24 PM
Doesn't look like an easy installation. You will need to cut into the Y pipe, and weld to it. You will probably need to unfasten the engne mounst, and jack up the engine to get the headers in.

They would have to make alot of power for me to be willing to endure the installation.

John C.

Tone
08/22/2003, 02:48 PM
These end in front of the cats so the Y pipe does not get touched. They are not CARB approved so there could be inspection issues in some states and it states some fabrication (piping) may be required but it does day the engine management connections are there (EGR?)

I spent a long weekend and lots of $$ to try out Bob Land’s short tube headers and was one of the biggest headaches I’ve ever had, only to have the Dyno show little to no improvement. It IS tight around the engine and I did have to jack it up to get the stock manifolds off and the headers on. Long tube might be a bit easier to install but I’m not up for it.

MachineVX
07/05/2004, 11:45 PM
Anybody try these?

WormGod
07/06/2004, 08:34 AM
Cyrk? Jay?

C'mon guys, you jump in on everything else. Try these out and get us some results.

;)

Cyrk
07/06/2004, 08:52 AM
Man I was burned with the Bob Land headers also... Not sure it would be worth the cash unless the dyno #'s were available.

Thank God Tone was able to go through hoops with the BL headers for us, saving me a BIG headache.

-Dave

Jolly Roger VX'er
07/06/2004, 02:17 PM
This is strictly food for thought and not info from me personally...just something that may or may not be true.

My brother was about to put headers on his 95 Ford Ranger 4X4 with a V6 and HIS mechanic didn't recommend them because he mentioned some bad experiences with heat coming off the headers and damaging the surrounding sensors and otherwise creating problems with a somewhat modern engine. He said they are fine for older engines without all the management devices and emission controls...but create havoc on newer motors.

I don't know about this personally. Just being a messenger.

jayfotos
07/06/2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
Cyrk? Jay?

C'mon guys, you jump in on everything else. Try these out and get us some results.

;)

Man, I'm still dealing with the SC......all I need is another headache.

I plan on going in this week to that 4wheel dyno place....I want to make sure everything is at 120%.

VX crazy
07/06/2004, 02:57 PM
And with no before numbers, the after ones won’t mean much. And have you checked how much it costs to do a dyno run (or 2 to get good numbers)? Ari fuel metering is typically extra.

t2p
07/06/2004, 03:07 PM
headers ....... bad memories ......................
..... some of the WORST experiences that I can recall when working on cars as a kid involved headers ........ what a pain ................
maybe worse than replacing ball joints ........

jayfotos
07/06/2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by VX crazy
And with no before numbers, the after ones won’t mean much. And have you checked how much it costs to do a dyno run (or 2 to get good numbers)? Ari fuel metering is typically extra.

The main reason to do the dyno is to see how my air/fuel(running to rich) is and if I reeeeeally need a feul regulator or not. Also, they are a tune shop as well and if any other problems arise or they find they can fix it there.

WyrreJ
07/06/2004, 07:06 PM
Since it is a PITA to get a 4wd dyno, what a modern butt-dyno? I've seen these handheld-sized accelerometers that claim to accurately measure torque, HP and even velocity. I don't know how accurate they are though...