PDA

View Full Version : Can finally fully appreciate driving my VX

Knivx
04/20/2010, 02:53 PM
So as some of you may know I'd been on the hunt for a drivers seat as mine was dysfunctional since the day I bought it. Well, after 2 1/2 years searching and waiting I finally found one and got it installed this morning! It's a red/black one so it doesn't match at the moment but sooner or later I'll have the leathers swapped around. I finally know what I'd been missing out on! I'd only ever ridden in the passenger seat a couple times when too drunk to drive so having an operable comfy seat for driving is soooooo spectacular! So without further delay...

:dance::dan_ban::dan_ban::dance:

Bought the seat from a wrecked '99 Ebony that was posted on here awhile back that was located in Oregon at a salvage yard. It'll take some getting used to not having my back crippled on long drives, but I think I'll manage.:bgwb:

Riff Raff
04/21/2010, 03:07 AM
It's a red/black one so it doesn't match at the moment.

Now just get a pair of Wet Oakley Front Seat Covers (from Hawaii) to cover-up the mix-matched front seats and you're done.:bgwb:

Ldub
04/21/2010, 03:20 AM
Now just get a pair of Wet Oakley Front Seat Covers (from Hawaii) to cover-up the mix-matched front seats and you're done.:bgwb:

Dats "okole" brah...:smilewink

http://www.wetokole.com/VEHICROSS.html

tom4bren
04/21/2010, 05:56 AM
Pull out all the stops & get a 'wheelskinz' for the turny thang whilst yer at it.

Knivx
04/21/2010, 07:01 PM
Well a guy in my 4x4club owns a 4x4 accessory business that does some interior stuff so I'm gonna see if he can swap the leather skins over for me cuz I'm not a big fan of how seat covers feel, especially over leather seats. Or it'll just stay red/black till I maybe get my other seat torn apart and fixed. Who knows. I'm just glad to have a normal seat! Next on the list to get fixed: new stereo head unit cuz the aftermarket one that is in it is junk, Magnaflo, and potentially some lift and wheels (the H3's lack the offset I'll be looking for when I get the lift and eventually bigger tires.) Fun times. Now that I'm down to just one rig since I sold my Samurai I have some playing money that's strictly for the betterment of the VX. Plus I have some crazy plans for this summer which I have yet to seen done to a VX. They involve tubing.:bgwb: