PDA

View Full Version : transmission oil cooler hose

USMCvxOFFROAD
04/18/2010, 08:07 PM
i need some help with replacing my trans oil cooler hose...............what kind of hose should i use?......how much pressure should it hold?

USMCvxOFFROAD
04/18/2010, 08:30 PM
the guy at NAPA told me its a 1/2" by 13" but thats all he told be because he looked at it and didn't tell me any more the i already knew

RallyDude
04/23/2010, 11:22 AM
Anybody ever put in an additional transmission cooler? I live in the mountains and have always driven stick, but I would think that around here, it would help potentially save a big problem, and everyone here has stated that the tranny is the weakest link anyway.

circmand
04/23/2010, 02:24 PM
Bullhead City AZ and Death Valley compete every summer for the hottest temp of the day. Last year saw 12 days over 130 degrees (128-129 at the NWS temperature site. The heat has never been a problem for my VX. Regular Transmission fluid changes are all I have done from stock

USMCvxOFFROAD
04/24/2010, 12:47 PM
well got the right hose at car quest went right on and the the fun part of puttin fluid into the trans after downloading the shop manual to the laptop it was a snap word to the wish back down off of drive up ramps before putting the trans fluid in.

ground hwg
08/23/2010, 02:22 AM
hope someone here can help!!!

my transmission pipe split this weekend and needs replacing. the problem i'm having is removing the front drive shaft, i've removed all the bolts but i cant get the damn thing out. whats the secret?????

Ldub
08/23/2010, 03:45 AM
hope someone here can help!!!

my transmission pipe split this weekend and needs replacing. the problem i'm having is removing the front drive shaft, i've removed all the bolts but i cant get the damn thing out. whats the secret?????

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=17440&highlight=front+propeller+shaft..:_wrench: