PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for pet kennels...

VXIRONwoMAN
04/18/2010, 01:43 PM
Kahlua, my 8 year old Shiba Inu hates being boarded at kennels. I took her to one and she was fine the first time, but the second time she could wait to high tail it out of the place. So I had to find a new kennel. And what a great place it is! It's called Petshotel, it is part of Petsmart. I have to pry her out of there. She loves the people that work there and doesn't even get excited to see me when I pick her up, she's like "awe man! I gotta leave?" It's so cute and very reassuring for me. They allow you to bring 3 of your own "items" from home to make them more comfortable. I bring her bed and two of her toys. I am sure the bed helps. (Most places don't allow you to bring beds or toys.) They get 2 "walks" a day in their indoor facility. Walks = playtime to let them stretch their legs and such with other dogs or if your dog is not socialized like Kahlua they get individual playtime. I pay $25 a day it includes food and two "walks" a day. You can purchase extra playtime, treats, obedience training or whatever to help make your dogs stay there even better. They give you a progress report at the end of their stay to let you know how they did. You can call and check on them during their stay like I did, and they don't just say "everything is fine". When I called and asked they told me she wasn't eating all of her food etc. Which was good for me to know that they aren't telling me whatever to get me off the phone.

This is just a suggestion for those not able to take their dogs to Moab or looking for options. You may need to drop them off on the way to Moab because they aren't in every Petsmart. It's worth it. Petsmart is open 7 days a week...

VX KAT
04/18/2010, 02:06 PM
We, too, love PetsHotel, used it a lot when we lived in Dallas. They're great, there's none locally here. We got a place a privately run place called "KennelKamp" that could double as a PetsHotel, looks almost the same. So far, they've been great, let our 4 dogs stay together in a bigger room/kennel.

This week we went on a short trip with a group of people up to an old mine in a mountain & took the 2 dogs, one lady attending recognized Bandi & Nikki, said she takes care of them at KennelKamp and loves them. WOW, what luck, so now we feel like we have an extra level of care they'll get. Still rather have them with us:(