PDA

View Full Version : Travel Chaos From Iceland Volcano...

crotchrocket
04/15/2010, 03:00 AM
What a nightmare! My boss and collegue are supposed to be going over to Milan today and ALL flights are cancelled between 12:00 and 18:00 ! due to volcanic ash coming down from Iceland!

bbc news
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8621407.stm

ripster3736
04/15/2010, 03:15 AM
Tell me about it.I was supposed to be in Germany today.....I guess now I've got no excuses not to work on my VX.

I manage to by those Frontera B mirrors you advised me of....try and fit those today.

crotchrocket
04/15/2010, 04:27 AM
Ah nuts! Well its a nice day for tinkering!!!!! Hope those fit!

tom4bren
04/15/2010, 06:51 AM
I was just seeing that on the news this morning. At least there are a cupla months for all that to dissipate before I head that way.

kirk hilton
04/17/2010, 05:38 AM
If you're in Europe here is a heads up regarding the volcanic activity. The planes are not flying because of the ash in the high atmosphere. This ash is already coming to earth and depositing a thin layer of pumas on ever thing, including our beloved vehicross. So the warning is don't contact wash/polish them until you have washed that ash off with a hosepipe as that stuff is like sandpaper (very sharp unlike ordinary dust/soot) on the paintwork.

Travelin2
04/17/2010, 06:54 AM
Good advice Kirk . During the Mt. St Helens eruption in Washington State in 1980 we also learned to hose off the windshield/screen before driving incase the wipers were needed and the air filters needed much attention.

alanbradley
04/18/2010, 01:55 AM
"thin layer of pumas" - I have this image of big, black cats.

One of my mates is a senior dispatched at Manchester Airport and the boredom is getting to him but he STILL has people turning up for flights "just in case" - clearly the newspapers, TV, radio and bloody great signs on the motorway aren't enough to tell them nothing's happening!

I'm off to wash the Mazda in a bit - think I'll spend a couple of quid at the jetwash before the hand washing starts.

A

kirk hilton
04/18/2010, 04:23 AM
Pumice - I stand corrected Alan. By the way where has your mate dispatched to?

Kirk :happyface

Travelin2
04/18/2010, 04:59 AM
All right you two, cut it out!:grino:

Mark B
04/18/2010, 06:32 AM
A lot of the UK visitors at my resort in Florida are trying to get back home.
The flights back to England are canceled and they cannot fly. They are not to upset because they are going to spend another week in Florida.

alanbradley
04/18/2010, 12:38 PM
Pumice - I stand corrected Alan. By the way where has your mate dispatched to?

Kirk :happyface

Damn! I type like a drunken seal!!! :bwgy: I'm normally so careful about proofreading when I'm picking up on a typo...

:p:p

A