PDA

View Full Version : OH NO!! I rear-ended CRNCNN's VX!!

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/14/2010, 03:17 PM
Never in a million years would i think that i was ever gonna hurt CRNCNN's VX!! Last saturday on our way home from a small camping trip, Clint was in the VX in front of me and I was in my jeep and next thing i know, a guy slams into the back of me going about 35 which in turn slams me into the back of the VX ......NOOOOOOO!!!! The guy was under the influence of something, he didnt have a driver license, he had a warrant out for his arrest AND he didn't even own the car AND he had his son in the car!!! THANK GOD he the car had insuracne.....Anybody see the Incredible Hulk??? That was clint's reaction when he jumped out of te car!!!

We took both vehicles into the body shop and the VX for the most part got a clean bill of health! just a few minor tweaks and paint. My jeep however is TOAST!! the pictures do NO justice. The frame is bent and they are already up to $6300.00 so once they start tearing it down its done :(

LittleBeast
04/14/2010, 03:23 PM
I am so sorry, but I am glad you all came out in good health. Could always be worse.

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/14/2010, 03:24 PM
The pics are in my member photos :(

tomdietrying
04/14/2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, glad the two of you are o.k.
Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
04/14/2010, 04:08 PM
The unibody is bent up? :confused: Yet another reason for a body on frame design! From that pic it doesn't even look like the Jeep budged. Glad you guys are alright but that is just a sign for you to get yourself a Proton! :)

Triathlete
04/14/2010, 06:21 PM
Glad everyone is alright. I am thinking that the moron (it's a family site) in the car that hit you got to spend a little time with some of my friends at my old job!
Where did you take the VX for repairs? I was real happy with Royal's service. They did good work and saved all my old parts for me.

PS...:ot:...You guys going to make the trip to Moab?

Mile High VX
04/14/2010, 08:14 PM
Thank God that everyone is fine.

Doesn't hurt that the VX had little damage either...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/14/2010, 08:55 PM
The unibody is bent up? :confused: Yet another reason for a body on frame design! From that pic it doesn't even look like the Jeep budged. Glad you guys are alright but that is just a sign for you to get yourself a Proton! :)

Yeah its pretty messed up! He hit my hitch which folded down causing the frame arms to go up and i think out. WITHOUT tearing anything apart they already estimate 6300.00 in damages :( I like the way you think!!! Anybody selling a proton????:yeso:

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/14/2010, 08:58 PM
Glad everyone is alright. I am thinking that the moron (it's a family site) in the car that hit you got to spend a little time with some of my friends at my old job!
Where did you take the VX for repairs? I was real happy with Royal's service. They did good work and saved all my old parts for me.

PS...:ot:...You guys going to make the trip to Moab?

We took it for estimates to Jim Click. they said to fix the VX its about 1300.00 to fix it, but its simple fixes so i think Clint is just gonna have them cut a check!

No moab again this year....i still dont have a secure job, the accident, and i have 2 family members graduating from High School that i cant miss :( I told Clint he could go!!! 2011 for SURE!!

Mile High VX
04/14/2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah its pretty messed up! He hit my hitch which folded down causing the frame arms to go up and i think out. WITHOUT tearing anything apart they already estimate 6300.00 in damages :( I like the way you think!!! Anybody selling a proton????:yeso:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1691776083.html

kodiak
04/15/2010, 06:07 AM
I'm glad you're all ok. Sorry about your jeep. Sounds like the VX just had some caricature added to it. Hopefully with the insurance money you'll be able fix the VX and do some nice mods. :yesgray:

LiquidVX
04/15/2010, 06:12 AM
Glad to hear everyone is ok.

Scott Harness
04/15/2010, 06:37 AM
Happy you guys are safe!!:yesb:

tom4bren
04/15/2010, 06:47 AM
Sorry to hear of your woe's. Glad everyone is OK though.

Ldub
04/15/2010, 06:52 AM
We took it for estimates to Jim Click. they said to fix the VX its about 1300.00 to fix it, but its simple fixes so i think Clint is just gonna have them cut a check!

No moab again this year....i still dont have a secure job, the accident, and i have 2 family members graduating from High School that i cant miss :( I told Clint he could go!!! 2011 for SURE!!

Sorry to hear about your acci...:(

But glad to hear that you're both unhurt...:yesgray:

At least you'll be getting a better whip outta the deal...:naughty:

Sad to hear You & Clint won't be in Moab again this year...:nogray:

phines
04/15/2010, 07:38 AM
Great to hear everyone is OK. Sorry to hear about the Jeep though.

It's hard to tell in the pic, but it looks like the VX has a mild case of puckerbutt. ;ooy;
________
Avandia heart attack (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

nfpgasmask
04/15/2010, 09:27 AM
Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear about this. At least no one was hurt.

Bart

nocturnalVX
04/15/2010, 10:07 AM
Cece and I are glad your okay. I would insist on new cladding for the rear door and rear bumper if I were you. "It wasn't like that before you hit me" should work quite well. When my VX was hit the first year I owned it, I had the front bumper cladding replaced and still have the old one (minor scuff from the retard that hit me) sitting in the garage. Hope it all works out to your advantage and that you are both well. Take care and see in Moab 2011!!!

Gizmo42
04/15/2010, 10:19 AM

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1693269490.html

:need a poke emoticon here:

Ascinder
04/15/2010, 12:28 PM

If the rear cladding is messed up and you guys want to fix it, I may or may not be getting rid of mine as part of the wheelbase extension project. Just throwing that out there.

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/15/2010, 10:17 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes! We are very thankful!!! I got the official call today, they deemed my Cherokee as a total loss! They are going to pay it off and I might get a 3 or 4 hundred dollar check back. The vx has a few grill marks in the cladding not too bad. Nothing a little bumper paint can't fix! :-). The rear door is bent in a little at the bottom but should pull out just fine! 2 knobs in the inside of the door broke off so he will need those but all and all it's in good shape!! Thanks again for all the well wishes!!! Moab 2011!!!!!!