PDA

View Full Version : Info needed. Photo/Video editing software

Dumke
04/14/2010, 02:34 PM
What experiences have you had? Pros/cons of whatever prduct you have used or are using. I need both mac/pc suggestions please..

Yes I know it all depends on what I am wanting out of product this or that, but I am asking in general. However if I must give and answer now then I will say I will be using it for pictures I take of kids and out and about, same with video. I have a pc at the moment no Mac. Currently I have a D80 DSLR and camera is a old hi8 camcorder.

Sorry I dont have more info just wanting info really on personal experiences.

Thanks.

Any other pertnant or non is welcome as well :)

atilla_the_fun
04/14/2010, 03:00 PM
This is such a broad request, there are literally hundreds of programs for the PC&Mac. I use Photoshop CS2 for Mac for Photo Editing. It is nice because any expansion you need, you do by downloading more filters. I've not had to do any video editing, but Mac comes with iMovie that gets rather good reviews.

Triathlete
04/14/2010, 06:34 PM
For basic video editing on my PC I have been using Cyberlink PowerProcucer/Directer. It is basic but gets the job done. Can create video's for computer, youtube, DVD etc.

wintermute
04/14/2010, 10:51 PM
I've used Final Cut Pro (Apple) since version 1.0, and the Final Cut Studio is a very powerful suite of products for the money. Honestly though, if you are considering buying a Mac for any reason at all, I would say try iMovie which comes free with the system pre-installed. It's not nearly as fully functional as Final Cut Pro, but if you're just looking to cut home videos to music and transcode to a web friendly format, why spend the extra $999 on software with more features than you'll ever use? Or try it free, then upgrade if you need more power.

If you need to stick with the PC and need a little more power with editing functionality and creative options, then the Adobe suite of products is very good as well. Premier for editing and After Effects for compositing/visual effects.

Just my 2¢.

:angel: