PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 06:34 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=17353

Sorry but it's just the Engineer in me but there is something wrong with this picture. Guesses (it has nothing to do with the picture taker or the color of the lights)???

Ldub
04/13/2010, 06:45 AM
Engine idling at 750 rpm...but gas gauge needle MIA?

etlsport
04/13/2010, 06:46 AM
only thing i noticed right away is there seems to be no fuel gauge needle (fresh tank though, its just out of the range of light of the gauge)

other than that i have no idea other than too many miles on my baby :cryb:

WormGod
04/13/2010, 07:08 AM
It's missing a glaring ABS and Check Engine light. :p

Gas needle illum is out I suppose?

deermagnet
04/13/2010, 07:14 AM
I can see the gas needle. It's at full all the way to the right. It may depend on the brightness of your screen settings.

My 120 mph area looks dim just like that. I thought I had a bulb out, but maybe that's the way it always was. Anyone else have that?

Mark

circmand
04/13/2010, 07:14 AM
showing full power to rear wheels while in park at idle?

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 07:18 AM
Good guesses but not what I was noticing.

It's a consistency thing.

BTW, it's common to all of our VXs.

crotchrocket
04/13/2010, 07:24 AM
No parking brake light ??

So-CalVX
04/13/2010, 07:29 AM
is there a reason the power mode is on... tha't the only thing i see
unless ur seatbelt is off and that light's not on

ZEUS
04/13/2010, 07:34 AM
Too many colors - looks like a Christmas tree. I've always been bugged by that.

vt_maverick
04/13/2010, 07:36 AM
The "H" area of the oil temp gauge?

Moncha
04/13/2010, 07:36 AM
There's no markings between "0-10" mph it's a guessing game up to that point. From there you may have some type of an idea of how fast you may be going. But who goes under 10?

phines
04/13/2010, 07:54 AM
Most vehicles have an arrow next to the fuel gauge that tells you which side the gas cap is on. Of course ours isn't in the 'most vehicles' category. :)
________
IPAD CASES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 07:56 AM
This thread is very interesting to see the variety of things that catch people's attention in pictures. This is something that I've noticed on mine in the past & just came to mind when I saw Eric's picture.

Miles per hour ... mph or m/hr
Revolutions per minute ... rpm or r/min

They weren't consistent with the contractions.

Told ya that it was an 'anal retentive' engineer thang.

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 08:03 AM
Most vehicles have an arrow next to the fuel gauge that tells you which side the gas cap is on. Of course ours isn't in the 'most vehicles' category. :)

I've got 2 vehicles with gas cap on driver's side & 3 vehicles with it on the passenger side. Only 2 of the cars have that indicator.

I always thought that it was a nice feature (especially since it doesn't cost the manufacturer anything to include it).

Mile High VX
04/13/2010, 08:27 AM
This thread is very interesting to see the variety of things that catch people's attention in pictures. This is something that I've noticed on mine in the past & just came to mind when I saw Eric's picture.

Miles per hour ... mph or m/hr
Revolutions per minute ... rpm or r/min

They weren't consistent with the contractions.

Told ya that it was an 'anal retentive' engineer thang.

Wow! Do all of the hangers in your closet match and do you have them evenly space along the length of the closet rod?

:yesgray::yesy::yeso::yesb:

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 08:41 AM
Wow! Do all of the hangers in your closet match and do you have them evenly space along the length of the closet rod?

:yesgray::yesy::yeso::yesb:

No & Yes

Aesthetics are not important to an engineer but proper weight distrobution is of paramount importance:)

Proper partitioning is important too:
Upper left - short sleeve shirts
Upper right - long sleeve shirts
Lower left - dress pants
Lower right - jeans

Shall I continue???

Hiredgoon
04/13/2010, 09:03 AM
As to the fuel filler door side being indicated with an arrow, if there is no arrow, the convention is that the gas cap is on the side that the nozzle is on the little pictogram of a gas pump. As it's on the right side of the pump on the vx's pic, that means it's on the passenger's side of the vehicle.

phines
04/13/2010, 10:01 AM
As to the fuel filler door side being indicated with an arrow, if there is no arrow, the convention is that the gas cap is on the side that the nozzle is on the little pictogram of a gas pump. As it's on the right side of the pump on the vx's pic, that means it's on the passenger's side of the vehicle.

Cool... learn something new everyday. :yesb:
________
LianaXSexy (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/LianaXSexy/)

VX KAT
04/13/2010, 10:23 AM
No & Yes

Aesthetics are not important to an engineer but proper weight distrobution is of paramount importance:)

Proper partitioning is important too:
Upper left - short sleeve shirts
Upper right - long sleeve shirts
Lower left - dress pants
Lower right - jeans

Shall I continue???

:rollo: oh jeez, I'm married to one of you....engineer - chemist...equally a.r. I guess.....no wonder we get along! You & Dave need to swap pics of your closets.....:goof:

tom4bren
04/13/2010, 11:24 AM
You & Dave need to swap pics of your closets.....:goof:

Wifey would NEVER let me. She keeps the house immaculate ... at the expense of closets.:)

etlsport
04/13/2010, 11:42 AM
ohhh man tom that is gonna drive me crazy now! I too have the engineer's curse

circmand
04/13/2010, 01:05 PM
the gas cap is on. I have 2 vehicles with caps on different sides. The way I know which side the gas door is on is it is always on the opposite from the pump I pulled up to.

crotchrocket
04/13/2010, 01:29 PM

URBAN MYTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Gizmo42
04/13/2010, 01:32 PM
Rodeos are the same way. Even the aftermarket gauge faces copied it.

Factory gauges..

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Gizmo420/Gauges/Img_0313.jpg

el Glow gauges...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Gizmo420/Gauges/Img_0331.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Gizmo420/Gauges/Img_0329.jpg