PDA

View Full Version : An apology

AREA 51
08/20/2003, 09:08 AM
I apologize to anyone who took offense to my last post. All I was seeking was for members to use some discretion and restraint before hitting the "submit" key. I agree with Scott's statement and extend my hand and an olive branch to Spazz, should he decide to return.

Note to W.S.G.:

Please delete my Spankin' Spaz thread. Thanks

VehiX
08/20/2003, 09:40 AM
No need to appalogize at all AREA51, I know exactly the frustrations you are dealing with here with said members!

We should not be made to feel in the wrong for calling out someone who OBVIOUSLY deserved everything they got from a select few of us that actually had the balls to step up and say something about all the useless banter that was taking place.

The world is a better place now anyway!

:)

Dallas4u
08/20/2003, 11:49 AM
I agree with feuds like this (and others... yes, I've been a part of many of them) being taken off of the boards, no matter who is accused of "taking it off subject". Whether James says he is gone or taking a breather or what have you, he will be back no doubt. The guy is a VX fanatic, as I assume we all are. I don't get along with him well, as others don't either, but the guy loves his VX and when it comes down to it, THAT is what this forum is all about.

AREA 51
08/20/2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
If you apologize, then delete your post then?

It was a direct attack and in noway shape or form have I, nor has anyone else deserved a direct "Calling Out" so you say...
For those of you who do not know me, you do not understand what it is you read. For those of you who do know me, you know that I am not an *****, nor am I rude or mean to be.
What I don't understand is how is it possible that someone like AREA 51 could even be able to post anything at all, much less anything of the nature of when he "Called Me Out" so he said??? For one, his profile says nothing much at all, other than AREA 51 and that is about it. That should change....I believe that AREA 51 is one of the members on this site and he/she is hiding behind the profile AREA51 just to be able to attack me without showing his/her true identity....If I am wrong then the fact that someone does not even have to tell anything valid of themselves in order to post and attack or ruin the nature of this site, needs to change!!!

I asked scott to delete it . I can't delete the closed thread.

I am not going to debate who drew first blood.

I never called you out or said that I did. Check the author of the posts .

If I prefer to remain anonymous, that is my choice,

99% of my posts are of a helpful nature and intent.

My offer to you , Spazz, still stands.

AlaskaVX
08/20/2003, 01:27 PM
HEY SPAZZ YOUR BACK! Didn't think a newbee could run you off so easily. I like your new sig!

I believe that AREA 51 is one of the members on this site and he/she is hiding behind the profile AREA51 just to be able to attack me without showing his/her true identity
It's a conspiracy against you, they're all after YOU! ;)
FYI- I "Called out" VX-King before, your not alone

andy454
08/20/2003, 02:10 PM
This is just crazy. Who cares if Spazz is a Spazz. This site is about helping out fellow vxer's right? If Isuzu knew half of the things I post about the internal workings of the code they would flip. Do I care? NO!! I love my vx and we are all here to help out others. When you see a stupid post just laugh and go on. If this crap keeps up I will just stick to my bowhunting sites and do the same as I do here. When you can help then help, if not then I just read and go on.

Heraclid
08/20/2003, 02:57 PM
Spazz, you don't know when to quit - there you go again. Your last post runs contrary to everything you try to assert within it. You're beating yourself here, ya know. Seems like the more you talk the deeper the hole you dig for yourself.

Do what you will, but my advice would be to take the offer and let it rest, because Area51 is showing you up right now and being the better person. Area51 remained civil after your last in a long line of inflammatory posts and they didn't take your bait and descend into mudslinging again. Hey, I don't want anyone to have to leave unless there is just absolutely no other way, but this is getting real old, and here's another chance for you to fix it. It's all up to you. Can you step up to the plate and apologize too?

Dude, most people would tell you to go do what you just told Area51 to do, but no, much to Area51's credit they are actually trying to let bygones be bygones and patch things up between you two. I really respect someone who offers an apology even when they're right for the sake of the greater good.

If you think people are ganging up on you or whatever, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're in the wrong and that it isn't everybody else? Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. Maybe the reason it all never changes is because you haven't changed.

So whatcha gonna do? If you really want what's best for this forum - if that truly is what is paramount to you - you can prove it right now.

SGT.BATGUANO
08/20/2003, 05:43 PM
Yourself is one word.:p

Happy b-day

Freon VX
08/20/2003, 08:18 PM
my only qauestion is this, Spazz. If you had nothing to hide, and felt that you had been so wronged, why did you go back and immediately delete the forum that Area 51 had linked to? Im not being accusatory, I would like to have seen what was on it.

Heraclid
08/20/2003, 08:30 PM
You're wrong Spazz. What you say does matter, to me at least, and others I'm sure. People can forgive and forget and people don't want to dislike you, but you've got to help yourself too. You'll get more than a fair shake if you don't keep shooting yourself in the foot. If you weren't quite so abrasive and quick to take offense - if you'd give others the benefit of a doubt sometimes instead of assuming every little thing is malicious - things would be a whole lot better. You are right about this though - you're not the only one fueling this fire.

Swordy
08/21/2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by VehiX
No need to appalogize at all
a select few of us that actually had the balls .

The Spankin post was uncalled for. I was a blatant and tasteless attack on a member from its conception. I bet your momma taught you better manners than that.

But the really ugly post here is from VehiX for criticising Areas apology. Talk about the freakin north end of a southbound mule... VehiX you are WRONG. It takes no balls at all to sit behind the safety of your keyboard and spit on somebody while they are down. Especially someone who is that much bigger than you.

Spazz, Heraclid is sorta right. I know you want to defend yourself. I can't fault you for that, but you don't need to jump in the gutter with the roaches to prove your not one of them. It won't work. They can make themselves look bad without your help. You are just making yourself look bad by letting them call you out. If they want to "rat pack" people, what goes around will eventually come back to them. So take some advice for once bud, and STFU.

Yours truely, Shoot now and ask questions later...http://swordforger.net/thefinger.gif

(This has been an unsucccesfully un-biased editorial)

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/21/2003, 02:30 PM
Someone chime in here if I'm wrong...but Area51 could delete the Spank'in Spazz thread by deleting his first post...which in turn deletes the thread.

I would like to say that I've noticed Spazz being quite helpful with some of the newcomers here as of late. One guy asked about where the oil drain plug was.......the old Spazz might have gave him a shot...but instead he posted pics of the oil pan and gave advice.

I say give the guy a break and if he really annoys you that bad than hit the ignore button.

******oh yeah....:flame: :bday: :flame: Spazz!

Moncha
08/22/2003, 06:22 AM
I deleted the thread. Actually it gets moved to a trash can section so if I need to reference or restore something I can.

Also, Happy Birthday sorry I missed it I was sick yesterday..
I'll buy you a beer in Moab..

Bantan
08/22/2003, 08:13 AM
First Off
Spazz:
Happy Belated Birthday Bud (weis-er),
I can just imagine the amount of fun you had last night. Keep on doin what you doin, which is living your life to the fullest. I tried IMing you before but your auto notifier said you were sleeping. Whats this I hear about you leaving this Forum. You Scunt! You better stop smokin/drinkin that ish. Don't make me open up a can of Woop ***** on you Boy(since I consider you my Little Brother I can do that). We family, once a VXer always a VXer.
Handle your business, lets do this.

ALL ask yourselves these questions:
Has my life changed for the better/worse in anyway, since I got my VX?
Am I proud to own A VX?
Have I learned anything from this Group?
Do I get Butterflies in my stomach before a VX meet.
Do I enjoy VX meets?

The Belmont lake meet this past weekend made me believe in our Beloved Vehicrosses even more as not just only a peace of metal but as an Institution. I found that we, the VXers seem to have similarities that extend beyond our VXes, We are Pioneers in our own ways; we wil not accept the things that bind the world; We set examples for others to lead; We care/share/give even if sometimes we don't want to; WE DON'T GIVE UP; The list goes on and on..........can I get an Amen.

Nobody gets left behind!

>>>> Merged threads so as to not get multiples... WSG

nyc #1 ironman
08/22/2003, 08:52 AM
Heres you AAAAAAAAAmen Mercer, couldn't have said it better. We had a great time at the meet and having fun all together, (especially the jerk chicken) didn't want to be greedy so I "only" had about 7 pieces ahahahahahaa,, nobody leaves the VX board all for one one for all, Eveyonesssssss input matters here..

Spike
08/22/2003, 10:38 AM
(Perk)

Someone said jerk chicken?

Dang! I missed it!

Guess I will have to make some of my own ... from scratch.. not jar marinade... ;)

Bantan
08/22/2003, 10:43 AM
Hey Spike its my special "Jerk Chicken a la VX"
We should compare receipes.

carlymac
08/22/2003, 10:47 AM
I agree, some folks need to take our brothers advice. Leave it to the New Yorkers to give the people across the nation a lession in surviving and living life everyday to the fullest...AGAIN !!!
I hope bygones can be just that, bygones.

Sorry about missing your birthday SPAZZ. :mbrasd:

Anita
08/22/2003, 12:06 PM
Hey you New Yorkers...

If I can get that Isuzu America garage opened for us to see the toys.. can you bring yourselves and that chicken wit' you?

;Dr;

Bantan
08/22/2003, 12:40 PM
I am up for this trip, especially before I retire my VX. And yes I will bring along some of this Hot & Spicy Stuff. :flame:

The question is can you all handle it? :flame2:

paultvx
08/22/2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by AREA 51
I apologize to anyone who took offense to my last post. All I was seeking was for members to use some discretion and restraint before hitting the "submit" key. I agree with Scott's statement and extend my hand and an olive branch to Spazz, should he decide to return.

Note to W.S.G.:

Please delete my Spankin' Spaz thread. Thanks

Just use the ignore feature by clicking on the "user cp" button.

Works like a charm... or bug repellant.

Spike
08/22/2003, 01:01 PM
Oh, right Anita... Just invite all of us east coast-ers to LA...
I am not putting that kind of mileage on the VX in that short of a time span (if I can help it.) Besides, I don't have that kind of vacation time available. That was SO not fair!

Although..., I DO plan on driving the entire length of what is left of Rt66 at some point in my life. I probably just should have just turned right and headed west when I was coming through Chicago to take my VX home to PA.

Bantan - Off the top of my head there are 2 critical ingredients in my Jerk recipe:
1 - freshly ground allspice
2 - fresh picked home grown fresh Habaneros (Red Savina actually)

(Usually accompanied by home made Habanero/Mango salsa)

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/22/2003, 07:01 PM
Hey...If Anita can get the Pearly Gates to the Isuzu America
garage opened....

I'll be torn between spending time with the VX-O2 and eating some of the Jerk Chicken a la VX!

VX-O2 <-----------:sighb2:--------->Jerk Chicken a la VX

paultvx
08/22/2003, 11:10 PM
There's a great place for jerk chicken in San Francisco just across the street from the CalTran Station. 1 block from PacBell park. Used to have lunch there all the time when I worked down the street next door to Macromedia.

Panther_Black_VX
08/23/2003, 01:40 AM
Spazzter! I gotta big AMEN for Bantan!

As the great Orson Wells said:
"We will sell no wine, before its time."

I know that quote has nothing to do with what are talking about but I just like that quote! :p And you know what I mean.... Let bygones by bygones birthday man!! :)

I am telling you, a Northeastern VX convoy to LA would be the SH*T!!! That is something we should just do! You know?? Life is too short. On your death bed (100 years from now, knock on wood) will we say,

"Boy I'm sure glad I didn't do that LA VX roadtrip" (Cough, cough)

or

"I had a wonderful life full of activity and fun. Especially that awesome VX convoy road trip across the country. That was the best fu....." (flatline sound)

Don't know about you but, I'm picking the second one (sans the flatline though...) hehehehe! :laugho:

TDAWG
08/24/2003, 10:51 AM
TRU DAT!
Life is 2 short 2 be letting $H** get 2 anyone. My Sister passed away at a very young age and since then I have changed my life for the better. My neice who some of you have met at the Mohegan Sun Meet knows has a great view on life. She know says "It's better 2 have a lot of friends than 1 enemy." Spazz I don't know what went down but I can always expect something sarcastic out of you that always makes me smile. I got your back. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but 1 day I will. If the time comes for the Isuzu America Meet to happen. I will diffently move heaven and earth to make. Hey Panther_Black_VX I am with you 100% Brother. And for BanTan "AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!" Now lets get back to more important things. Like finding out more info about the Isuzu America Meet.

Leah
08/25/2003, 05:43 AM
Choose Wisely

omegavx
08/25/2003, 07:26 AM
Assuming I can get off work and you all get the "Northeastern VX convoy to LA would be the SH*T!!!" going, make sure and come through Indianapolis, IN and I'll join in. I'm kinda with Spike on the mileage thing, but I know trips like this are very rare and you gotta take them when you get them. I usually only put 8000 miiles a year on my cars anyway :)

Spike
08/25/2003, 10:20 AM
I have come literally within inches of sealing my fate already a few times in my life. So I can certainly relate to 'do it now while you still can' ... Those experiences have made me realize that there is so much out there that I want/need to experience. And I have taken that approach to life ever since.

However, there is a small problem on taking a driving trip to LA.
- Lack of available vacation time... I definitely want to take my time driving Route 66. I've been to several stops along the way already. But that doesn't mean I won't want to spend time at those places again as well.
I would be talking about 2 weeks to be able to encompass my whole trip (with side stops).

omegavx
08/25/2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Spike, I understand completely. I'm the same way thats why I added that "if I can get off work" portion on my last post.

BTW, I love your sign "I'm with Stupid". Just add a ".com" to it and you'd be in my world :) (ie: "I'm with Stupid.com") - http://www.stupid.com

Spike
08/25/2003, 10:41 AM
Hehehe.. thanks! I found that sign a few weeks ago on some other board that a coworker showed me. I adopted it.
I may start roatating avatars every few weeks. SO many good ones.. so little time.

I miss having 3-4 weeks vacation. This 2 week stuff I have with this company is for the birds :P